Hello all, a little advise needed.

oreo4772

I have the new to me 2011 Heartland Sundance 265RK what I would like to know is when my large slide is out for any length of time is it feasible to put 2 supports under the slide (one on each side) under the rail. If so where do I place them and if anyone has a picture where I could see.
Thank's

Last edited by a moderator:

GOTTOYS

NO, Not needed. Won't help anything. If the trailer settles it could cause damage. Look around the RV park you won't see anyone using them....Don

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Actually, they are useful, despite what anyone else says.

There are lots of opinions for and against . . . and most of those against slideout jacks have never actually used them . . . but just have an opinion about them.

And if the tires go flat . . . your stabilizer jacks will still hold your trailer where it was.

Anyway, I have a set of the slideout jacks that we ABSOLUTELY NEEDED with our former Heartland bumper pull trailer, as the dinette was in the slideout, and when two or more people sat in the dinette, you could feel the whole trailer lean and bounce.

But we are out right now in our new Heartland Prowler 5th-wheel trailer, and I don't believe that we will need them for this trailer as the big slideouts on this trailer don't slide out nearly as far as our Trail Runner slideout did.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• TrailRunnerAtCherryChreek-IMG_20150517_095110323.jpg
    TrailRunnerAtCherryChreek-IMG_20150517_095110323.jpg
    775.6 KB · Views: 89
  • TrailRunnerAtCherryChreek-IMG_20150517_095153310.jpg
    TrailRunnerAtCherryChreek-IMG_20150517_095153310.jpg
    751.9 KB · Views: 87
  • CamperSlideOutJacks-IMG_0510.jpg
    CamperSlideOutJacks-IMG_0510.jpg