Replacing Slide Rollers

wdk450

Gang:
I did both a heartland Forum search and a websearch on this topic, and did not come up with good answers. Has anyone replaced slide rollers? I am having a problem with the small 1-3/4 inch white roller on the forward end of my kitchen slide. The roller has sunk in its frame and is dragging on the floor roller frame mounting screw heads. Here is an image of the roller, the slide bottom wood trim sits just above this, making R&R a bear:
attachment.php

Attachments

• j32 slide roller.jpg
    j32 slide roller.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 242

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I had them replaced on our previous Landmark but did not do it myself. They were 1 1/2 inch and too small. They were replaced with 3 inch ones.

Garypowell

My kitchen slide has both small white and larger grey rollers under it. Not exactly the same problem but all of a sudden the slide shifted for some reason and a grey one was trying to ride over a white one.

Took ok off the front trim by the floor and with a lot of effort over two days I was able to hacksaw the four screws that were holding it in place and was able to remove it.

ran the slide in and out a few times and everything worked fine. There seemed to be plenty of rollers and has worked fine the last 1.5 years.

sengli

I would think the slide would need to be removed for any repair on these. Saw a thread on here, where a guy rented a forklift to do just that, removed the slide

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
You can use bottle jacks and timber to raise the slide about an inch and a half to two inches. Then block the slide inside so it can't fall back down. It's possible to use an offset screwdriver at this point to remove and replace the rollers. Not a job for those not inclined to do their own work and definitely a two person job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk