• Pueblo, Colo June 5-9 2018

Votes: 19 76.0%
  • Albuquerque, NM Oct 4-8 2018

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
altitude getting to you Terry? Or has the fireball been passed?

Was just outside taking sunrise shots a few minutes ago . . . and both Garry and Rick are already gone!

By the way . . . we did have some Fireball going last night . . .

We got it started at our trailer for the poker run last night!

Attachments

• HOCcentralcity-IMG_4194.jpg
    HOCcentralcity-IMG_4194.jpg
    759.4 KB · Views: 47
  • HOCcentralcity-IMG_4196.jpg
    HOCcentralcity-IMG_4196.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 54

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Wonder what's going on below the table, that is so interesting?? Trace

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
John:

Guess I am not a poker player either....I had a straight and didn't know it....didn't realize the ACE could be used low...that would have given me a Ace, two, three, four, five.....go figure! This confirms I need to stick with Cows, Wine making and RVng!!!

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
I understand folks choosing pueblo for job and convenience reasons, but this is not by any stretch of the imagination a good place for a rally.

Doublegranch

I just received the final pricing package from The Colorado State Fair Grounds. They have lowered the RV site fees for the Mountain Regional Rally from $30 to $20 per night full hook ups. They will provide one guard from 5 pm to 5 AM each day.

In addition we will have the Stage and Rally room 24/7 during our stay. The venue will provide staff to move tables, chairs etc at no charge for the duration of the Rally. While this isn't an issue for Rally attendees, it is a major cost savings for the Rally Budget.

Keep voting, I still have a paper count of 12 votes for Pueblo and 8 for Albuquerque that were PM's and emails sent prior to the poll. I am unable to add these numbers into the poll, but will add them later.

Doublegranch

We have a total of 40 votes, 28 Pueblo, 12 Albuquerque. This represents 28% of our total Mountain Region, however some votes were from our neighbor chapters. I will leave the poll going for a few more days and then make the Venue commitment and start finalizing our Rally PLANS...
If you haven't participated in the Vote and interested in getting your opinion to count, Vote now! Whichever Venue is selected, I think you will be happy with the activities being planned. The Rally is about HOC Members getting together and having Fun with Like Minded People sharing our Heartland Stories and Rigs! It's not all about the Venue and understand options are limited to get together 150-200 people in one RV Resort.
You have a few days to vote as I need to head up to Camp Verde for the Arizona Rally.

JUST A REMINDER - We want all HOC Members who may participate to VOTE....This Rally is OPEN TO ALL HOC MEMBERS......

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Can Romeow (pronounced 'Romeo' - the 'w' is silent) vote?

He is sitting here on my lap with his paw on the mousey . . .

Romeow-P7310234.jpg

Doublegranch

Two more days before the poll closes....with the email votes the totals as of this evening are:
Pueblo....30
Albuquerque...14

If you haven't voted yet, time is still on your side!!! The voting is open to all HOC Members....

Doublegranch

Final vote results are in:

Pueblo, Co.....31...including email votes
Albuquerque..14...including email votes

Based on your input, I will proceed with securing a contract for the Colorado State Fair Ground for our FIRST Mountain Regional Rally....
This Rally will be posted shortly and hope you will be as excited as I am with some of the activities planned for this Rally....
The creative juices are flowing and if you have some ideas you would like to share, send me an email or PM..
Get ready as I introduce your first RV Rodeo on opening day!

Greengas

My thinkings: The choice is between camping in a paved parking lot, in the middle of a city, surrounded by cement walls, all the spaces are back in, or camping in a full RV park. Yes the RV park is more expensive but you pay for what you get. My choice goes to AZ.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I understand folks choosing pueblo for job and convenience reasons, but this is not by any stretch of the imagination a good place for a rally.

My thoughts exactly. I've been to the Colorado State Fair many many times and it is just not a great place for an RV rally. But, it looks like we lost the vote, so.....

Doublegranch

I understand the concerns from the few that didn't want Pueblo. I was shying away from Arizona as I am still their Chapter Leader as well and did not want anyone to feel I was showing partiality to AZ. Try to understand the places to hold up to 100 RV's is very limited within the 6 states we have to select from. While Arizona has some great RV Resorts, facilities to hold a catered dinner up to 200 people is extremely limited. The Pueblo facility I admitted up front is not the most eye catching in terms of the RV Parking. Give it a chance and we will attempt to turn that environment it into something fun. Kind of like when I am doing leather work and attempt to make a sows ear into a silk purse. I have a lot of ideas and activities planned. The building facilities are extremely nice and will hold our group with room to spare. We have a great stage for live entertainment and the room will hold all our catered events without stepping over each other. The selection was not based on the price for the RV Sites! Price was not an issue in that regard. We need the facilities to accommodate our group activities. Albuquerque would have limited our number of attendees due to facilities. Pueblo will allow the full 100 RV's to attend which is the maximum for a Regional Rally budget. The time spent in and around our planned activities will overshadow the time spent in your RV in the evenings.
With all that said, a contract hasn't been signed and I am still open to your comments and suggestions.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Gary, although I am sure the folks not thrilled with the location have their reasons, but I want to say this -- if you look at the fairgrounds where HOC holds the National Rally, you might just "poo poo" them as well. Some back onto an active train track! But we don't go to the National rallies for the ambiance, we go to have fun and fellowship with our HOC friends. So I don't think the look of the sites is going to bother me, because I am sure you'll have so much FUN planned there won't be time to worry about the sites.

Doublegranch

Erika:

Great input...Thank you! I agree as we will be so busy with activities, unless you need a nap, bedtime will be the longest period of RV use during the Rally.

Doublegranch

Our Inaugural Regional Rally has been posted...Check out the Rally thread!
Everyone is invited to join the festivities!!!!!!!!!!!