3650BH UDC Door drivers side

Bones

On the Drivers side storage door where the UDC is. If this door could open sideways it would improve access greatly. I have hit my head on this door countless times so far because it opens up and is prevented from opening further by the shock so it does not catch the bedroom slide.

P

Paul.craven

Sorry to hear of the head hitting. Something to try as we use two-stage struts; push that baggage door up with a little pressure after it makes it first stop at about eye level. Those struts will continue to extend and should push that door up quite a bit higher?

jimtoo

One thing to remember if your door opens going up and you can make it go even more is to make sure it is not behind the lip of the slide when you retract slides. There have been several that bought new doors.

Jim M

Bones

Thanks. The door does go past the underside of the slide-out. It takes some force to push that door up and it separated the hinge from the frame. I found a screw missing on the side that separated so I will put one in to keep it together.

Bones

Sorry to hear of the head hitting. Something to try as we use two-stage struts; push that baggage door up with a little pressure after it makes it first stop at about eye level. Those struts will continue to extend and should push that door up quite a bit higher?

Paul,
Thank you very much for the info on the door. That makes it so much better.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Hey Bones, I must be missing something, my storage compartment doors do open sideways.:confused:

My door on on the side with the Bedroom slide opens to the side. On the "Door" side of the trailer, the storage bay door opens up. The two sides were obviously designed by different people... :rolleyes:

Bones

Hey Bones, I must be missing something, my storage compartment doors do open sideways.:confused:

Ok I had a chance to take some pictures. I like that I can open it up further but it puts a lot of stress on the door hinge and has now separated the caulk due to flexing. The one picture is where I was whacking my head a lot and the second is after I found out it goes further. I would have liked opening up to the side a lot better.

//heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=38071&stc=1//heartlandowners.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=38072&stc=1

Attachments

• IMG_20150701_162448.jpg
    IMG_20150701_162448.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_20150701_162525.jpg
    IMG_20150701_162525.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 113

justafordguy

I wonder why mine open to the side and yours open up? Mine will swing all the way around against the side of the trailer.

Bones

I wonder why mine open to the side and yours open up? Mine will swing all the way around against the side of the trailer.

I'm not sure but I know when we bought ours they were changing the interiors maybe they changed things like the door. The passenger side opens up sideways but not the UDC side. We got our RV in October. when did you get yours? Both of ours are considered a 2015 model. Do you have a propane tank on that side?

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Mid year model change/design I bet. If you wanted to spend the $$$....you might be able to change out the door for the other design. Is the other door the same size but swings sideways and not up??