Mountain Region Chat Room

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Just placed an order for a new 2016 Ram 3500, Lar, Mega Cab, 4x4,aisin trans, air suspension, 5th wheel prep, sun roof, leather bucket seats, remote start, and the list goes on...
So now once it is delivered, I will have no problems upgrading my North Trail to a Sundance. Payload on the new Ram is 4240 lbs for the single rear wheel, far more than the 1870lbs for my 2011 Ram 2500.
Should arrive around the end of Aug or early Sept. Looking to upgrade the RV early next year.
Just found out that the Ram 5th wheel prep is no longer proprietorial for the Ram hitch...a number including B&W companion, reese etc now make hitches for the new Ram 5th wheel prep.

Doublegranch

JohnD:

Kathi was in your office yesterday to have here camera set up....You were out camping, I gave her your phone number to set up an appointment...

MTPockets

Garry, that's quite an upgrade; nice truck... We'll get to see it in October at Camp Verde..

Doublegranch

Terry:

Thanks....yep I have been wanting to upgrade the RV to a Sundance, but my payload with the hitch weight and Extra fuel tank put me 300 lbs over the Payload. Didn't want to take a chance, so first the truck and then the RV. I test drove the Ram version of the King Ranch and really liked it, but it was a 2015 without some of the things I wanted....Wow what a ride.

See you in Oct. Safe Travels....

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Sounds like a good truck and I know you will enjoy the bigger payload. Hope you can now find a good deal on a Sundance. See you in Central City.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Doublegranch

Gregg:

Thanks....I think this one will fit the bill for awhile...If not, I need to re-evaluate myself...ha

Doublegranch

From time to time when I run across an exciting weekend event within our Region, I will post it as an FYI. These are not HOC Planned events, just updates on what is going on within the Mountain Region for your enjoyment.
jws0yZaZXDNRmzxPXOIrKFd0VCE5ABosRekAko2VvEfGudJN6cLmwb74HRqNZL-EKkSiB_xyXVqsjhPm2oDRAWKXP_5Gjfg4uq9lH3EUu_zSAhkoT_zjvPmfAFnentJa_6HJh-KLlUcNhTDNNZd8pqU6LCq5YB7o41l3ntc=s0-d-e1-ft

Las Cruces, NMAugust 29th -30th

Spice up your tour with SalsaFest! A signature of Las Cruces, NM, SalsaFest! serves up some of the most creative samples. Join nearly 10,000 locals who attend to sample sauces made from scratch by professional and amateur teams. SalsaFest! also features salsa music, the Best-Dressed Chihuahua contest, an excellent assortment of food and Mexican beers, crafts, and people watching. When things heat up, grab a shady seat, sip a cold beverage or slurp a snow cone, relax and enjoy the view.

Looking for a Great Resort Nearby?

Sunny Acres RV Park (1.36 miles away)

Hacienda RV Resort (1.82 miles away)

Ft. Bliss RV Park (36.80 miles away)

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Went on Pacific Region Heartland FB page to friend and support the group. (As I do spend six months of the year in California)

My request was unceremoniously deleted with no message or explanation. Guess that means no? :angel: Trace

Last edited:

Doublegranch

Terry:

The change to Rick's trailer brake set up made a slight difference. He had to bump it up to 8.0 from the 7.5 setting when we left. No issues coming back out of the mountains and he appeared to be able to stop without any issues. Thanks for the info you shared.

MTPockets

Terry:

The change to Rick's trailer brake set up made a slight difference. He had to bump it up to 8.0 from the 7.5 setting when we left. No issues coming back out of the mountains and he appeared to be able to stop without any issues. Thanks for the info you shared.
Glad that helped.. You guys put in a long day of driving! Sleep in and take it easy. See you on the 4th.

Doublegranch

After leaving the Colo Rally, Rick and I stayed that night at Elephant Butte Lake RV Resort. About 2 am Dakota and Cheyenne started going crazy. I thought it was a cat outside, but they continued. I turned on the door light and went outside but didn't see anything. Next morning someone had removed one of Ricks rear mud flap and bracket. These brackets were bolted onto his frame and not a quick process in removing them. They only got one as I would surmise my stepping outside scared them off. First time I have know anything to be stolen at an RV Park during my travels.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
That's a bummer!

Interesting what people try to steal these days . . .

I always keep my tailgate locked as there has been a rash of tailgate thefts here in Denver . . .

Guess their resale value is high in the body shop business!

Some got into my truck a couple of months back and stole my new Nikon binoculars, tripod and monopod.

They also got into Cathy's car and left the windows down . . . in the middle of a night of downpouring rain!

We both have keyless entry, so not sure how they got in undetected!

Doublegranch

The Mountain Regional Rally has been posted!!
Check out the Rally thread for further details...
You have lots of time to clear your calendars and support
the Inaugural Regional Rally....

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Oooohhhh yeah!

Hoping I'm not the only key to a full fridge of beers! :cool: :p ;)

Doublegranch

I hope everyone is clearing their calendars for 2016.....The Mountain region has a lot of activities Posted....
Feb 23...Tucson Rodeo Rally.....May 5 Albuquerque Rally.....May 12 Buena Vista Colo Rally....Sept 15 Colo Springs Rally....Sept 21 Ft McDowell AZ Rally.....Sept 27 Glendale UT Rally
Let's not forget the Heartland National Rally in Las Vegas..Oct 6....and all the Camp outs and Meet n Greets being planned as well....
This will be a great year to Break in the New Sundance I will pick up in April..!!!!
2017...Jan 10..Havasu Balloon Festival
2018...June 5..Mountain Regional Rally....this will be our Inaugural Regional Rally in Pueblo Colo....

Doublegranch

As I look out the window while on the computer, white stuff is falling from the sky! How beautiful and tranquil.
Wishing everyone a HAPPY NEW YEAR!