Mountain Region Chat Room

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
That is great...they have doubled the crew from Wednesday's count of 300 fire fighters.
If any issues, guess we can meet up at Kartchner Cavern again!!!

Doublegranch

Howard & Shelley:
Thank you....all is well....plan to head your direction on Tuesday morning after physical therapy.

Ducky

Gary nice home for the Sundance. Be nicer when you get it done. I think there will be two of us at Karchner with Travelers. We both are waiting to compare. See you Friday!

Bud, I think you won with the slide in slide in the bedroom. What a difference that makes!! Safe travels

Doublegranch

Lippert Waste Management Box:

Has anyone using the LCI Waste Mgmt system every installed their Box that holds the hose & head?
Mine just arrived and there are not any instructions for the install. On one end it has a large lip, does that lip face the frame or away? Perhaps it doesn't matter....Haven't played with it yet, but opened up the box to see what hardware came with it.

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Please help me welcome our newest CO and Mtn Region club members. David & Julie of Amherst, CO joined today. We are glad to have them and look forward to meeting them soon.

Gregg

Doublegranch

David & Julie:
How exciting you have joined the Heartland Family of RVer's! Can't wait to meet you at a future Rally...
You have joined a great group of folks and with a lot of knowledge in the RV world....Just ask any question
and you will receive a number of replies !
Hope to meet you soon! Safe Travels..

jbeletti

Lippert Waste Management Box:

Has anyone using the LCI Waste Mgmt system every installed their Box that holds the hose & head?
Mine just arrived and there are not any instructions for the install. On one end it has a large lip, does that lip face the frame or away? Perhaps it doesn't matter....Haven't played with it yet, but opened up the box to see what hardware came with it.

I'll be home this weekend and plan to install mine. I'll document it on my LM thread. If you already installed yours, let's hear about it!

Doublegranch

Jim:
I put mine on the other day. The brackets that come with it needed to be modified to work, at least on the Sundance. I added flat strap to the back of the unit "bracket" to expand the 42" between the cross beams. Then used bolts to attach the front of the bracket to the Side I-beam. Drilling hole in it wasn't difficult at all.
I had the LP pipe in the way so placed the bracket over the pipe and by using bolts, I can take it off if ever need to remove the coolplast or work on the underside of the RV.

Flat strap was bolted to the back of the bracket and sewer container for rear support and keep it from hanging down. The end of the flat strap was screwed into the two cross beams.

Used smaller 2" bolts as the one with the kit were like 8 inches long.
Positioned the front of the container box 6 inches from the skirting so it appears to be hidden and yet easy to reach. The box is located between the front sewer drain and front axle...aprox 8 inches from the drain.

By the way the box will only hold the main LCI hose and will not accommodate the extension at the same time. My extension hose is housed in the rear bumper sewer box and the quick connection is removed and kept in the basement.

jbeletti

Jim:
I put mine on the other day. The brackets that come with it needed to be modified to work, at least on the Sundance. I added flat strap to the back of the unit "bracket" to expand the 42" between the cross beams. Then used bolts to attach the front of the bracket to the Side I-beam. Drilling hole in it wasn't difficult at all.
I had the LP pipe in the way so placed the bracket over the pipe and by using bolts, I can take it off if ever need to remove the coolplast or work on the underside of the RV.

Flat strap was bolted to the back of the bracket and sewer container for rear support and keep it from hanging down. The end of the flat strap was screwed into the two cross beams.

Used smaller 2" bolts as the one with the kit were like 8 inches long.
Positioned the front of the container box 6 inches from the skirting so it appears to be hidden and yet easy to reach. The box is located between the front sewer drain and front axle...aprox 8 inches from the drain.

By the way the box will only hold the main LCI hose and will not accommodate the extension at the same time. My extension hose is housed in the rear bumper sewer box and the quick connection is removed and kept in the basement.

Thanks Garry. You wouldn't want to store the rarely used extension and coupler with the always used, nasty sewer hose. I rinse my extension well, dry it out and store it and the coupler in a tall clear plastic box with lid, inside the storage bay. Use it once a year or so Had the current one for maybe 6 years.

Doublegranch

Somewhere in the Colorado Mountains at a campsite in Mancos, this person was impersonating a Flamingo!
Now she has no recollection of this event???? Do we have a witness??

Picture to follow.....having a computer glitch...

Attachments

• Ann in Colo.JPG
    Ann in Colo.JPG
    178.1 KB · Views: 56

Doublegranch

Thought I would share an article I just read on a RV Blog. This is the opposite of what I have been doing as I know many others as well.
Just an FYI and something to think about or give it a try!
Safe Travels to everyone this RV Season!

Recently I was attending a seminar and an interesting question was posed, one that I thought I surely knew the answer to. "When dumping do you empty your black tank or your gray tank first?" Gut reaction and what I had preached for years, (Yes I have dumped both tanks before!), BLACK! When I explain the reasoning that this is false you will be understand.
https://cdn2.bigcommerce.com/server4600/584d2/product_images/uploaded_images/****ters-full.jpg?t=1517331864
The speaker went on to correct everyone that shouted a resounding Black that you should actually dump the gray tank through for an allotted time to get the black plastic pipe good and we,t like a slip and slide so that any "gunk" coming out of your black tank slides right on through the pipe and into the dump station. It makes perfect sense when you think of it. Moving anything with any substance through a dry plastic pipe is going to rely on the pressure of your water moving it through. When anything with substance moves through a wet and soapy lubricated pipe it is going to be less likely to stick around and make your pipe stinky.
Brilliant! So my new routine is to dump my gray tank first and let it run through the pipe for a few minutes then empty out the black tank and then back to the gray to flush whatever is left all the way out.

jimtoo

That is what I always do, open the kitchen gray first for a few seconds. Lubricates the pipes, but the main reason I open the gray first is it serves as a test for leaks on the hose and fittings and makes sure all is connected and stays in place.

Jim M

Doublegranch

:eek:Congratulations to the Colorado Chapter for reaching the Century mark!
You have reached 100 members in your Chapter!
This makes two Chapters within the Mountain Region to reach
or exceed the 100 membership mark, Arizona & Colorado!
Thank you, Gregg & Linda, for your hard work and super support from the
Colorado Members!

jbeletti

:eek:Congratulations to the Colorado Chapter for reaching the Century mark!
You have reached 100 members in your Chapter!
This makes two Chapters within the Mountain Region to reach
or exceed the 100 membership mark, Arizona & Colorado!
Thank you, Gregg & Linda, for your hard work and super support from the
Colorado Members!

Woot Colorado - my home chapter!