SD bound

roadking500

Hello fellow rvers!! Heading to mt. Rushmore. Retired..no hurry. In Ohio now. Plan on taking 70 W...to 74....to 29. This was a rte. Recommended to me!! Is this a good rte?? If so, where do I pick up rte. 74 & rte. 29 & will they both be west?? Thanks!!

dlw930

I think they missed telling you about 80 which you pick up at the Quad-Cities, then pick up 29 at Missouri Valley, Iowa (north of Omaha/Council Bluffs. Don't forget to stop at the Machine Shed restaurant just west of Davenport or in Clive, IA (west side of Des Moines).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sniper

Don't forget I-80 and I-90 LOL That's a good route and the same route we take. Pick up I-74 in Indy to I-80 in Davenport, IA to I-680 to I-29 North to I-90. Remember even number interstates are East-West, and odd number Interstates are North-South. You will love SD! Make sure you check out Crazy Horse, and Needles Highway too. Have a safe trip. Enjoy!

happykraut

Broken Arrow is a very nice CG in Custer. It is close to Mt.Rushmore, Needles Hwy, Crazy Horse, Hill City(train ride), Wind Cave NP and Custer State Park( do the wildlife loop in the park).

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
So much to do up there . . . not enough time!

We spent 8 nights there two years ago and still didn't get it all in.

Planning another trip up there in the next year or so.

We stayed at the Big Pines Campground in Custer . . . nice place and lots of shade!

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Devil's Tower, of course, is in Wyoming, but we did drive over there from Custer for a looksee!

Attachments

• SDCampsiteSmall-IMG_0548.jpg
    SDCampsiteSmall-IMG_0548.jpg
    649.6 KB · Views: 50
  • SDCampsite-IMG_0546.jpg
    SDCampsite-IMG_0546.jpg
    743.2 KB · Views: 50
  • SDDevilsTowerTruck-IMG_0564.jpg
    SDDevilsTowerTruck-IMG_0564.jpg
    408.6 KB · Views: 50
  • SDDevilsTower-IMG_0556.jpg
    SDDevilsTower-IMG_0556.jpg