Considering a sundance 2880

Barbie

My husband and are looking at a new sundance, and I like the floor plan of the sundance. He is concerned re the length because it is 32.5 feet in length and some natl parks don't allow over 30 ft. Is this really a concern? I prefer three slide outs and would rather have more room esp if we have guests or if we are in the rv for longer than a couple of weeks. Any thoughts or experiences woul be great. Thanks in advance

jimtoo

Hi Barbie,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of our other members will jump in soon with some onions for you.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club and join when you become an owner. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Something to keep in mind. All 5ers have at least 3-4' inside the truck bed when towing. So the 2880 is only 28' +/- when hooked up. I doubt you would any problems with a 32' 5er in any CG.

Barbie

Something to keep in mind. All 5ers have at least 3-4' inside the truck bed when towing. So the 2880 is only 28' +/- when hooked up. I doubt you would any problems with a 32' 5er in any CG.
Thanks, we did a lot of research on the parks we are interested in, and it looks like there are reasonable options, :)

lishshel

We have a 2015 Sundance 2880 and have taken it to 3 National Parks in Utah so far. We had no problems with length restrictions. Some spots in US Forest Service Campgrounds are too small for our trailer, but we can usually find one that works. I think the 2880 means 28 foot 8 inches. It is not as long as our previous "30 foot" Wildcat (which measured 34 feet total length). FYI - The biggest drawback I found with our 2880 is that you MUST turn the recliner by the couch sideways and push it clear to the back wall in order for the slide to clear it. The one near the kitchen slide can just be pushed straight back (or turned) if you prefer. They are heavy and awkward, but oh so comfy, so I put sliders under ours and that helped a lot with man handling them. Also, ours has a 110v paddle fan in the living area, but no roof vent. If I were buying again, I would have a roof vent or a 12v fantastic fan put in to get more ventilation in the living area. Other than a few small inconveniences like that, I love my trailer!

Barbie

Thanks! After really looking at the Sundance floor plan, we went with the "small" Big Country. It is a bit longer, but my husband who is 6'2'' can fully stand up in the bedroom. We are excited about doing our trips!