Cyclone 4200 Modifications begin here

gpshemi

Re: Lippert Aluminum Quad Step

I didn't see alot of improvement with my MorRyde swap. I had a fairly decent ride though anyway with the air bags. No bucking with those. I did help a touch with chucking.
The cover can't be used in it's current form. I've seen some folks cut and hack to get it to work, but it sits funny on the pinbox since the angles are actually different. I suppose if you were a master with a saw and a heat gun, you could get it to work better.

Sniper

Besides the MORryde I have also been checking out the flex air pin box, it looks like it combines the MORryde with the Trail Air bag and shock. Knowing me I will probably be one of those who attempts to trim (read hack) the pin box cover to reinstall it. LOL Those steps look good OEFVET! With the extra step how much did it reduce the distance between steps?

OEFVET

The 4200 comes with four steps so the height remains the same. The other steps had alot of movement and noise (creaking) while entering and exiting the rig. I would have ordered my rig with the Lippert aluminum quad steps but they weren't available last year.

Sniper

Well keep up the good work my friend. Your rig is looking awesome! The Commander around here has told me to stop looking at all the stuff your doing for fear of me bankrupting the Firebase. LOL

porthole

Retired

Well keep up the good work my friend. Your rig is looking awesome! The Commander around here has told me to stop looking at all the stuff your doing for fear of me bankrupting the Firebase. LOL

Your 3010, does it have 3 or 4 steps now?

OEFVET

Thank you! I'm only posting to give others ideas. Hopefully it helps someone down the line. But then again, we can't take $ it with us. :angel:

Sniper

Porthole our 3010 has 3 steps, and OEFVET you are correct. Can't take it with us.:D

OEFVET

RVLock and Key Pad

Modifications continue here with an RVLock, key fobs and key pad. The Cyclone doors have longer windows which required some fabrication for the RVLock to work properly. The lock housing needed to be cut and filled with black silicon.

Attachments

• DSC_0039.jpg
    DSC_0039.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 262
  • DSC_0041.jpg
    DSC_0041.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 256
  • DSC_0040.jpg
    DSC_0040.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 242

Wk15

Re: Fueling Station

The original nozzle that came with it was pitted and was stuck in the closed position. After trying to get it to work and having no success I decided to upgrade the nozzle. The new nozzle is a much better quality. It also has a swivel adapter so the hose will not get tangled. The parts can be purchased at Northern tools or Tractor Supply. The nozzle and swivel adapter can be purchased for under $100. If considering this mod be sure to get the gasoline pipe thread paste to ensure no leaks.

OEFVET did putting on the new handle increase the fuel coming out? Did you change out the hose too or just the handle.

Thank you.

OEFVET

I did not change the hose because I felt the stock hose was long enough. If you decide to change the hose for a longer one it is 3/4". As far as increasing fuel. I don't think it did because it is actually the pump that determines the flow. The new nozzle is just better built, has a hands free feature like a gas pump, has the swivel fitting, and just all around better ergonomics for use and feel.

porthole

Retired

Porthole our 3010 has 3 steps, and OEFVET you are correct. Can't take it with us.:D

The 4 steps could be an improvement then. I have pictures of 4 steps on a 3010 on my thread.

Advantage - 1 extra step. I found that previously, most of time we needed to use a portable step under the main steps, especially the rear door. No more creaking, seem more sturdy. I sold one of the two step stools we were carrying at Goshen.

Neutral - the rise between treads is about the same.

Disadvantage - there is approximately 1" more rise from the top step to the door threshold. The steps are harder to open and stow, that may loosen with time. The 1" rise is something we notice stepping out of the trailer. I'm sure within a month though that will be a non issue as we become accustomed to it.

Pricey upgrade, especially when doing two. But, the Goshen price was probably the bargain of the rally, especially compared to 4 step aftermarkets that I had priced.

jbeletti

The original nozzle that came with it was pitted and was stuck in the closed position. After trying to get it to work and having no success I decided to upgrade the nozzle. The new nozzle is a much better quality. It also has a swivel adapter so the hose will not get tangled...

Chris - I passed your comments onto AJ for consideration down the road. Thanks for the feedback and keep your Mods thread fed. You have a long way to go to catch up to Duane :)

Sniper

Thanks for the info Duane, we just passed on a really good deal on a set (thanks for the offer OEFVET. I really appreciated it). However if we upgrade I want to go with aluminum to save weight. We just added a bunch of weight with the Big Foot auto level system installation.
Safe travels.

P.S. I love all the info I get and good folks I meet on this forum.

OEFVET

cdensomnia:432203 said:
@oefvet can you post a picture of where you had to modify and fill the lock?

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Trailer is at my storage site. I will not be back for about a week. I'll take more pictures at that time.

porthole

Retired

Thanks for the info Duane, we just passed on a really good deal on a set (thanks for the offer OEFVET. I really appreciated it). However if we upgrade I want to go with aluminum to save weight. We just added a bunch of weight with the Big Foot auto level system installation.
Safe travels.

P.S. I love all the info I get and good folks I meet on this forum.

I don't know if there is any weight savings, they are both heavy.
I made the change because I had wanted 4 steps since I first saw a 4 step version on a Landmark when I was picking up the trailer, July 2009

Cost ($$$$) and everyone saying they would not fit kept me from ordering a set to try.

The special at Goshen was a great price, and installed for $25 meant letting Lippert experiment for me.
If Chris is offering, I think I would take him up on it.

Jamie on this site recently put someone's used four step on one of his entrances. He has two doors like we do, similar size.

OEFVET

I'll bring the two sets to the Copake NY Rally in case anyone wants them.

OEFVET

Change Happijack Bed Height

Modifications continue here with the elimination of the top garage bed stoppers that made it very difficult to get into the five foot high bed. The bed now goes all the way down to 30"s from floor. Also I changed the bed stow height to match the height of the front garage ceiling in the CY4200 due to the loft and full bathroom. By doing so I can stow stuff up on it without the need to use the happijack everytime.

Attachments

• DSC_0038.jpg
    DSC_0038.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 425
  • DSC_0037.jpg
    DSC_0037.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 385
  • DSC_0036.jpg
    DSC_0036.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 353
  • DSC_0034.jpg
    DSC_0034.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 355

Jim-Lynn

Re: Change Happijack Bed Height

Chris; now that you are retired, & all the renos you have done - you need to go on staff with Heartland as an advisor. I love the modifications you have done. If Heartland offered some of your renos as an option, as a 4200 owner I would have paid for them. Keep us all updated...
Jim