ATF: Bighorn - Desk won't "Catch" / Some awning lights won't go on

SeattleLion

I'm having two new issues. My warranty expired a couple of months ago (of course):

1. After our last trip, the desk slideout under the TV won't stay retracted. We can feel that there are a couple of catches that were working before. Now they won't latch. We don't use the desk, so no weight has been put on it. Apparently a bounce during our trip home did something. What can we do?

2. This is just annoying as can be. There is a long LED strip light under our awning. We went to use it for the first time last weekend. About 10 of the LED's don't light. Is there anything Heartland is willing to do about this? We would appreciate any consideration you can provide.

Thanks,
Bob and Kim

SeattleLion

I wrote this question a couple of days ago with no response. We really need to fix the sliding desk before we leave for the rally on Friday.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
Most of the kitchen drawers have a tab on the slide that one side goes up and one side goes down to release. Perhaps the desk has this same type of release mechanism and you can remove the desk to repair or figure out what has happened.

You need to contact Heartland Customer Service (574 262-8030) about the LED lights.

SeattleLion

Most of the kitchen drawers have a tab on the slide that one side goes up and one side goes down to release. Perhaps the desk has this same type of release mechanism and you can remove the desk to repair or figure out what has happened.

You need to contact Heartland Customer Service (574 262-8030) about the LED lights.

My issue isn't removing the desk as much as how to lock it closed. It latched until our last trip home. Any idea how to fix this?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Since there are more than a few different latches used, can you post a picture of your latch?

Peace
Dave

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

SeattleLion

We removed the desk and noticed the latch on the cabinet has a pivot that when the desk closes, holds it in. Kim rotated each latch out and then we tried again and they worked. We have no idea how the latches were locked with the desk out, all I figure is vibration bounced the desk out. On of the slide tracks on the desk has a couple of loose screws which we will tighten this weekend while we are at the rally.

Thanks for your help. See you tomorrow!