Thinking about an Elkridge 390MBHS

bob.stone

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum but not to camping. We are on our third summer in our travel trailer and looking to upgrade to a 5er in the next 6 months to year. The new Mid-Bunk house models really caught our eye this year and both Elkridge and Oakmont have have similar models. We currently have a Forest River brand camper and our camping "mentors" (my aunt and uncle) swear by their products. But while looking today we went into and ER 390MBHS and my wife loved many of the features in it. So I have some questions about the lines and would like to know if anyone out there has one of these models and is using it. The sales rep we got was new in the business and admittedly didn't know the answers to many of my questions and the Heartland webiste is a bit sketchy with some of its info as well.

1) Is there a major difference between Elkridge and Oakmont? Their products look similar in every way but name.

2) FR advertises many of their products with floor and ceiling R values in the 30's and higher but these models are only advertised with an R-14 roof and floor. We will definitely upgrade to two A/C units which will help, but is there really that much of a difference?

3) For those that have these brands are there any must have upgrades? We move all over the country and never know if we will be camping in 100 degree weather or in cooler climates, rainy or dry. We mostly stick to campgrounds and haven't tried our hand at boondocking yet.

Thanks for any advice on the brand.
Bob

jimtoo

Hi Bob,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of our other family members will jump in soon with some opinions for you.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit when you make that hard decision.

Jim M

sdwelling

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum but not to camping. We are on our third summer in our travel trailer and looking to upgrade to a 5er in the next 6 months to year. The new Mid-Bunk house models really caught our eye this year and both Elkridge and Oakmont have have similar models. We currently have a Forest River brand camper and our camping "mentors" (my aunt and uncle) swear by their products. But while looking today we went into and ER 390MBHS and my wife loved many of the features in it. So I have some questions about the lines and would like to know if anyone out there has one of these models and is using it. The sales rep we got was new in the business and admittedly didn't know the answers to many of my questions and the Heartland webiste is a bit sketchy with some of its info as well.

1) Is there a major difference between Elkridge and Oakmont? Their products look similar in every way but name.

2) FR advertises many of their products with floor and ceiling R values in the 30's and higher but these models are only advertised with an R-14 roof and floor. We will definitely upgrade to two A/C units which will help, but is there really that much of a difference?

3) For those that have these brands are there any must have upgrades? We move all over the country and never know if we will be camping in 100 degree weather or in cooler climates, rainy or dry. We mostly stick to campgrounds and haven't tried our hand at boondocking yet.

Thanks for any advice on the brand.
Bob
I plan on investigating this model at the Sept Hershey RV Show. We have a Cyclone now, but no toys.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

danemayer

Hi Bob.Stone,

You might want to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Ask for Joel Eberlein, the Elkridge General Manager. He can no doubt answer your questions.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
We love our Elkridge! It striked a perfect balance for our budget, with amenities, trailer size, and floorplan availability. I really like the mid-bunk floorplan, but we really like the second bathroom. Good luck on your search.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
None of us can really answer your question . . .

You'll have to go to local dealerships and look at the different trailers!

Which is what we did when we recently upgraded . .

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
We had an ER and liked it very much. We currently have a Silverado which is the predecessor to the Oakmont and love it. I would definitely go with two AC units.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
We had an ER and liked it very much. We currently have a Silverado which is the predecessor to the Oakmont and love it. I would definitely go with two AC units.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can't wait to meet up with you guys at the Central City HOC Rally!

We've been out twice with our new trailer and love it so far!