Our 3010 Modifications

Sniper

If you have level up that makes things a lot easier. The wife has dictated that I get the house ready for selling and that has been taking all my free time. I hope to get this mod done by next camping season.
Our Big Foot system did make it easier and getting the better half's list knocked out first makes it even easier. :)

Sniper

Installed one of MORryde's X-Factor cross member braces part# U012-003. Just ordered one and installed it in the center location, wanted to get an idea of what we were dealing with. AS with all the MORryde products we've used this was well made and well designed. Should've know and just ordered all 3 of them but we'll order the other 2 and get them installed as well. Got them from Dyers RV Parts and Accessories http://www.dyersonline.com we have always received good service from them. :)

GEDC2116.jpg GEDC2115.jpg

Stay tuned...

Last edited:

Bones

Installed one of MORryde's X-Factor cross member braces part# U012-003. Just ordered one and installed it in the center location, wanted to get an idea of what we were dealing with. AS with all the MORryde products we've used this was well made and well designed. Should've know and just ordered all 3 of them but we'll order the other 2 and get them installed as well. Got them from Dyers RV Parts and Accessories http://www.dyersonline.com we have always received good service from them. :)

View attachment 57429 View attachment 57430

Stay tuned...

Nice upgrade. Your going to finish all these updates and then the commander is going to get a new RV.

Sniper

Nice upgrade. Your going to finish all these updates and then the commander is going to get a new RV.
You may be right Bones but she just asked me if we could take out the "RV dining set up" and put a couch in the slide instead. So...

...Stay tuned! :)

Sniper

Nice job on the shackles. Mine are waiting in a box right now.
We finally got a real fully loaded trip logged with the MOR/ryde wet bolt kit installed and I will tell you it made a huge difference in the ride and those squeaky scrunching noises in tight turns are gone! Worth every penny and the time it took to install. Highly recommend!

Safe travels. :)

avvidclif

What happened? I thought Commander was going to let you pop the hubcaps and put a new RV between them. New truck = New RV. (Maybe) GRIN

Sniper

What happened? I thought Commander was going to let you pop the hubcaps and put a new RV between them. New truck = New RV. (Maybe) GRIN
As you noted, the Commander decides when that sort of thing happens and until then I just follow directions. On the other hand she has had her eye on a RW 428 so...:cool:

- - - Updated - - -

good idea on the C-clamp. I put my bushings in the freezer overnight and then quickly tapped them in with a light lead-weighted mallet.
I did put a little anti-seize on the outside of the bushing too. :)

Bones

We finally got a real fully loaded trip logged with the MOR/ryde wet bolt kit installed and I will tell you it made a huge difference in the ride and those squeaky scrunching noises in tight turns are gone! Worth every penny and the time it took to install. Highly recommend!

That is good info. I'm waiting until I get a good clear day to do the job now. That darn thing called work keeps getting in the way. ;);)

Sniper

Upon inspecting the toy hauler for an upcoming 1800 mile adventure I found the right rear spring to look a little "flat" :eek: so ordered 4 new springs added the old bottom (flat) leafs to the new springs to gain some extra height (the new Super Duty sits so much higher that I just can't get proper bed clearance and a level ride height). Gained 5/8" toy hauler height with new modified springs Also decided to go ahead and install the other 2 MORryde X-Factor cross member braces since it looks like we'll be keeping our beloved Cyclone for a few more years. :cool:

20180922_124642.jpg

20180922_130254.jpg

You can find more pics and a video here https://www.facebook.com/pg/SSRVAdv...9_N-jCRedbPNqLloTQ4Tb4LLMAbiZ1nw&__tn__=-UC-R

Safe travels :)

WillyBill

- - - Updated - - -

I did put a little anti-seize on the outside of the bushing too. :)[/QUOTE]

Clean off an original bolt and use it to push on the new bushing. Helps keep it from damage while hammering or c-clamping the bushing into the spring eye. Cleaning the inside of the eye with a wire brush is golden as well. I use my air hammer to gently push the bushing in with the bolt as install tool.

WB

Sniper

Nice. Saw your pics a couple days ago on FB.
Thanks Jim. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Nice job. Looks good.
Thanks Bones. :)

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I did put a little anti-seize on the outside of the bushing too. :)

Clean off an original bolt and use it to push on the new bushing. Helps keep it from damage while hammering or c-clamping the bushing into the spring eye. Cleaning the inside of the eye with a wire brush is golden as well. I use my air hammer to gently push the bushing in with the bolt as install tool.

WB[/QUOTE]
Willy on the new springs I only had to use my thumb to install the new bronze bushings. :)

Tool958

Upon inspecting the toy hauler for an upcoming 1800 mile adventure I found the right rear spring to look a little "flat" :eek: so ordered 4 new springs added the old bottom (flat) leafs to the new springs to gain some extra height (the new Super Duty sits so much higher that I just can't get proper bed clearance and a level ride height). Gained 5/8" toy hauler height with new modified springs Also decided to go ahead and install the other 2 MORryde X-Factor cross member braces since it looks like we'll be keeping our beloved Cyclone for a few more years. :cool:

View attachment 59623

View attachment 59624

You can find more pics and a video here https://www.facebook.com/pg/SSRVAdv...9_N-jCRedbPNqLloTQ4Tb4LLMAbiZ1nw&__tn__=-UC-R

Safe travels :)

I know this is an old thread. We are looking to install the MorRyde X-Factor crossmembers on our 3010. What number X-Factor did you use. Can’t seem to find info through a search to find which one to use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Sniper

I know this is an old thread. We are looking to install the MorRyde X-Factor crossmembers on our 3010. What number X-Factor did you use. Can’t seem to find info through a search to find which one to use.

Hey Tool! It depends on the type of suspension you have. Go to MORryde's site here https://www.morryde.com/products/x-factor-crossmember/ We installed the ones for a stock suspension. That current number would be U021-003 Check their site and give them a call if you're not sure. They are great to work with. Hope this helps.

Tool958

Hey Tool! It depends on the type of suspension you have. Go to MORryde's site here https://www.morryde.com/products/x-factor-crossmember/ We installed the ones for a stock suspension. That current number would be U021-003 Check their site and give them a call if you're not sure. They are great to work with. Hope this helps.

It is stock with the Lippert Equa-Flex. I went to their site, but still wasn’t sure which one to order. Looks pretty simple to install. Just want to be sure to get the right ones. Going to order 3 for each shackle point. Thanks for your reply.

Several things coming together at the same time (as well as all the broken ramp post) conspired to cause me to modify our ramp. The poor mounting design along with a severe ramp angle, and the commanders lowered Harley hitting one of the bolts while loading causing the bolt to cave in to what appeared to be an already weak area.

Modification from the inside:
View attachment 53754

Finished mod from the outside:
View attachment 53755

Only time will tell if I did enough but I thought it came out pretty good. Anyway I did a write up on our page about it if you want to check it click this link https://www.facebook.com/pg/SSRVAdventures/photos/?tab=album&album_id=1496055077151527 :)
Hi. I'd like to make this modification to my Cyclone ramp door. How did you get the bolts off? The weird star bolts on the inside of the door aren't anything I've been able to find!