Our 3010 Modifications

Bones

I probably did more research on this purchase than anything ever! Wore me out. 5 Sailun S637's from simple tire, and 5 100# plus valve stems from Shadow Industries. While on their website the Commander seen these wheels as well, and said "their so shiny", so we got those as well from Shadow. They are 3750# load rated @ 110 psi. Now to get them all mounted, and swap em' all out.
View attachment 45148
They will look good. Who did you buy your pin box from?

Gtoli

Nice. We're in the middle of our first "real" trip in our rig, to SoCal and back. So far I'm very happy with the Sailuns and new 110# PSI+ rims.

Installed a wireless pressure & temp monitor on all eight 5ver and TV wheels. Makes for much better peace of mind.

Sniper

They will look good. Who did you buy your pin box from?
Thanks Jarrod & Bones. We bought the pin box on Amazon from Rad Auto.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice. We're in the middle of our first "real" trip in our rig, to SoCal and back. So far I'm very happy with the Sailuns and new 110# PSI+ rims.

Installed a wireless pressure & temp monitor on all eight 5ver and TV wheels. Makes for much better peace of mind.
I could not find one single bad review in almost 3 weeks of trying on the Sailuns. I hope that proves true.
Safe travels my friend :)

Bones

Thanks Jarrod & Bones. We bought the pin box on Amazon from Rad Auto.

- - - Updated - - -

I could not find one single bad review in almost 3 weeks of trying on the Sailuns. I hope that proves true.
Safe travels my friend :)

They are the one's I'm looking at now. Them and the one by Amazon. Rad is a little cheaper and is offering free shipping. What are your thought's?

Sniper

They are the one's I'm looking at now. Them and the one by Amazon. Rad is a little cheaper and is offering free shipping. What are your thought's?
We had some problems with shipping, but it was not Rad, or the shippers fault (it was actually our phone companies fault, but that's a whole other story). Rad helped us get it sorted out, and they were very helpful, and friendly. I would not hesitate to buy from them again. As far as the pin box, well...it's FANTASTIC! Immediate noticeable in cab ride quality improvement at least in my old 1 ton dually. The starting and stopping jerking is basically gone as well.

Bones

We had some problems with shipping, but it was not Rad, or the shippers fault (it was actually our phone companies fault, but that's a whole other story). Rad helped us get it sorted out, and they were very helpful, and friendly. I would not hesitate to buy from them again. As far as the pin box, well...it's FANTASTIC! Immediate noticeable in cab ride quality improvement at least in my old 1 ton dually. The starting and stopping jerking is basically gone as well.

Thanks. I just ordered from them. I'm just hoping that it comes earlier then expected So I can get it installed before my next trip memorial day weekend.

Sniper

Thanks. I just ordered from them. I'm just hoping that it comes earlier then expected So I can get it installed before my next trip memorial day weekend.
I hope you get it and installed for your trip Bones. I'm sure you will be pleased. Let us know how it works out.

Miltp920

Nice looking pin box, you tow with it yet to report on the difference in feel towing? Is that the B&W companion hitch. That is the exact setup I am looking at, Moryde on rig, and B&W in truck bed.

Sniper

Thanks. Did you get a tracking number when yours shipped?
Amazon did supply a number, but didn't supply who the carrier was. We sent an email to Rad, and they supplied the number and name of the carrier within an hour. We then looked up the carrier, and tracked it from their site.

Sniper

Nice looking pin box, you tow with it yet to report on the difference in feel towing? Is that the B&W companion hitch. That is the exact setup I am looking at, Moryde on rig, and B&W in truck bed.
Sorry Milt, I did intend, and will post a full report on the pin box soon. We had some tire issues getting corrected and that side tracked us, we have towed 1600 miles with it, and we do indeed have a B&W Companion Hitch. The ride quality in the truck was very immediate and noticeably improved at least on our 15 year old dually. The slow speed in traffic stop/ start whip lash effect is all but gone, and the interstate expansion joint "bucking" was greatly reduced. Worth every penny in my opinion. Hope this short over view helps you some. I will be doing a more thorough report soon.

Safe travels :)

Bones

Amazon did supply a number, but didn't supply who the carrier was. We sent an email to Rad, and they supplied the number and name of the carrier within an hour. We then looked up the carrier, and tracked it from their site.
Thanks

I haven't heard anything yet just states preparing or something like that

Bones

Thanks

I haven't heard anything yet just states preparing or something like that

It's not often I get excited about getting stuff but I was pleasantly surprised for a delivery of tomorrow. Now I will sit with anticipation from 10 to 6 waiting for my pin box.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
It's not often I get excited about getting stuff but I was pleasantly surprised for a delivery of tomorrow. Now I will sit with anticipation from 10 to 6 waiting for my pin box.

So, Have you figured out how you're going to install the heavy pin box? I tell you what, I'll make you a deal. I'll come down and help you install your pin box and you come up and help me tear my airbags out.

Bones

So, Have you figured out how you're going to install the heavy pin box? I tell you what, I'll make you a deal. I'll come down and help you install your pin box and you come up and help me tear my airbags out.
Nope haven't figured that out yet but I have all the tools here to redo your air bags while your here with the truck

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Nope haven't figured that out yet but I have all the tools here to redo your air bags while your here with the truck

Back your truck tailgate underneath the pin box. Lower the trailer front landing gear down and brace up your old pin box. Loosen the bolts and raise your trailer up and drive the truck out. Put the new pin box on the tailgate and brace it up. Lower the trailer down onto the pin box and bolt it in. It work the best for my flexAir.

We get home from the rally on Sunday. Airbags come out Monday after work, auxiliary fuel tank comes out Tuesday after work and Wednesday new truck.