Door Stopper? Large swinging door on driver side

Oregon_Camper

Has anyone come up with a good way to stop the basement door (drivers side...swing out..not up) from banging against the RV? If I leave it open and the wind kicks up, it will slam into the handle of the propane compartment.

Thanks for your suggestions...

MCTalley

On our last rig, I installed a gas strut from a kit that I got at Camping World. Doesn't need much grunt. I think the one I got was a 15 pound unit. It would let the door swing open just past 90 degrees and stop it there. Held it well even in high winds. Wish I had a picture, but can't find one right away.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

A marine door magnet works very well or even the magnetic door catch from Home Depot. That's what I put on my entry door and we love it. It holds very well and when we want to close the door just grab and pull.

GOTTOYS

I just prop the handle from my wash brush against it. A bit crude but it works and I'm not in there very often..Don

MTPockets

I installed an eye-bolt to the inside door latch, fixed a short bungee cord to the bolt, and a stainless steel screw permanently fastened into the front moulding is used to fix the other end when the door is open... Works great.

//heartlandowners.org/webkit-fake-url://64332207-bd2b-47e6-b6d5-24517f8c7b41/imagejpeg

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

This is the magnet latch from Home Depot or OSH I used on the entry door. I am amazed of how well it works ! I installed it so the catch latch will still work in very windy conditions. Haven't had to use it yet.
IMG_20150504_163253482_HDR.jpgIMG_20150504_164152843_HDR.jpg

Oregon_Camper

This is the magnet latch from Home Depot or OSH I used on the entry door. I am amazed of how well it works ! I installed it so the catch latch will still work in very windy conditions. Haven't had to use it yet.
View attachment 38510View attachment 38511

Thanks for everyone's input. Based on what I have seen and due to fact we still have kids camping with us, I am going to go with the magnet solution shown above vs. the typical door latch. I've already replaced door latches on my prior trailers as kids can't seem to remember they are latched and pull on door HARD unitl latch rips from side of trailer...:(