ATF: Landmark - Clogged Bathroom sink

busted2341

Are there any chemical products that are recommended for slow draining bathroom sinks? Or will any septic product good for PVC work. My concern is the tank and what a chemical can do to it. Thank You Frank

Of course I know about the old fashion way....plunger..

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Periodically I take the p-trap apart under the sink. Remove the built in sink stopper and the p-trap assembly. This can all be done by hand.
Take it outside, hose everything down, clean and reassemble. This is a ten minute job and I have a feeling it will solve your problem.

The last time I did this, I left the stopper out as it really slows the water flow through the drain. I never use it to fill the sink anyway. If you chose to leave it out, make sure you replace the rod at the back of the drain that controls it, or you will have a leak.

I don't use any chemical drain cleaning products inside my rig. Trace

lwmcguir

Use a zipper tool, works extremely well and is fast. Very good for sinks or drains that get a lot of hair as well.

porthole

Retired
Periodically I take the p-trap apart under the sink. Remove the built in sink stopper and the p-trap assembly. This can all be done by hand.
Take it outside, hose everything down, clean and reassemble. This is a ten minute job and I have a feeling it will solve your problem.

The last time I did this, I left the stopper out as it really slows the water flow through the drain. I never use it to fill the sink anyway. If you chose to leave it out, make sure you replace the rod at the back of the drain that controls it, or you will have a leak.

I don't use any chemical drain cleaning products inside my rig. Trace

I took the stopper out 5 years ago. No more hair traps.

buddyboy

Are there any chemical products that are recommended for slow draining bathroom sinks? Or will any septic product good for PVC work. My concern is the tank and what a chemical can do to it. Thank You Frank

We use vinegar and baking soda.

porthole

Retired

If the stopper - actuator rod are clogged with hair, nothing will unclog without taking it apart.

busted2341

Thanx All.....I cleaned it out....10 minute fix...Easy to do so I guess that will always be the plan for now, although the vinegar and baking soda I will try...