Routing Help

SilverRhino

Which route would be the best to take from McDowell Mountain Regional Park to Holbrook?? Do we need to go back to I 17 and go back through Flagstaff or can we take the route that would basically take us North East from the park into Holbrook via 87 ??

Travelling with a BC3250 behind a FL Sport Chassis.

Thanks for any advice....... Travel Safe!

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
If you are in the area of Ft McDowell it is much faster to take I-17...but from Ft McDowell, there is a short cut to get you back to I 17 it brings you south of Camp Verde...I am not sure exactly where McDowell Park is located..Don't have a map at the moment, but I will try to help you further in another post. With the size of your rig, I would stay on the major highways...

Az_Ernie

Which route would be the best to take from McDowell Mountain Regional Park to Holbrook?? Do we need to go back to I 17 and go back through Flagstaff or can we take the route that would basically take us North East from the park into Holbrook via 87 ??

Travelling with a BC3250 behind a FL Sport Chassis.

Thanks for any advice....... Travel Safe!
The way I'd go is take AZ 87N to AZ 260E to AZ 277N to AZ 377N to AZ 77N. I've taken this route pulling our Bighorn coming from Gallup, NM. many times. All good roads. You'll have no problem with your rig. It's an hour quicker and about a hundred miles shorter than going through Flagstaff.

Roller4tan

The way I'd go is take AZ 87N to AZ 260E to AZ 277N to AZ 377N to AZ 77N. I've taken this route pulling our Bighorn coming from Gallup, NM. many times. All good roads. You'll have no problem with your rig. It's an hour quicker and about a hundred miles shorter than going through Flagstaff.
X2 beautiful scenery most of the way.