how to move those heavy chairs?

Draco Dog

We have the Big Horn 3670RL. One of our biggest problems concerns moving the 2 recliner chairs when it comes time to move the slides in. They are so heavy, it is a hassle for us. Hubby has back problems and I am not very strong. So I found that on our last 4-day camping trip, we just left the chairs the way they were and didn't even use them.

Does anyone have any suggestions on making it easier to turn the chairs around and out so we can use them?

Maybe something like rollers on the bottom of the chairs or a sheet of plastic placed on the bottom of the floor where the chairs sit?

Any suggestions?????

sharmulst

I know what you mean about the heavy chairs. Our problem was solved by trading the big heavy chairs with our nice lazy boys that we had in the house. Really like the smaller chairs in the RV. We also got rid of our big heavy hide-a-bed couch. Just didn't like it so gave it to a resort for their cabins. Now I will put in a sewing center which I use much more than the couch.

GaryB

We have the Big Horn 3670RL. One of our biggest problems concerns moving the 2 recliner chairs when it comes time to move the slides in. They are so heavy, it is a hassle for us...

Any suggestions?????

Are you referring to the standard recliners, or upgraded recliners (called Ultra Leather Recliners)? I have a BH on order with those upgraded chairs, and was wondering if they are much heavier than the standard recliners.

Thanks!
Gary

Goldenwingers

goldenwingers
We have the upgrade Ultra Leather recliners. I have found that if I sit on the floor and pull the recliners from the round metal frame at the base I have more leverage. This way I use more upper body strength without straining my back.

Sheri

Jimmyt5

I bought the glides at a Flea Market in FL for about $3. Use them to move the couch to the rear of RV they work great, as a matter of fact, I have to take two of them off when we move because the couch slides all over the camper when underway.

Jim

fivernine

I put four Ultra-Glide rectangular furniture movers on the cross rails of each chair (the ultra-leather recliners) positioned toward the outside near the steel ring using the double-sided tape that comes with them. They still take a bit of pushing, but my wife and I can both move them around without excessive effort. They stay put during travel. But I should mention that in our Landmark we have two opposing slideouts that trap them so they really can't move too much. I don't know how they would behave in transit if they didn't have a slideout in front of each. I got the gliders at Lowes.
--Rick

TXBobcat

Fulltime
La-Z-Boy is the solution...

I had the same problem as many of the previous posts. I really did not like pulling the heavy chairs out when we setup and moving them back when we prepared to leave. I also did not like the chairs. DW's chair had a split in the back. Dealer said all that could be done is repair them.

We chose to replace them. Went to La-Z-Boy in San Antonio and bought two Reclina Way (wall huggers). They are about half the weight or less than the others. Leather and Recliners. On sale at $622.00 each.

We have always liked La-Z-Boy furniture. These are a little smaller than the ones we had before but they fit in the slide with no problems. Once we set them in place we don’t have to move them, but if we did they are light enough that the DW can do it herself. SKU# 15000763.
Life is good..

TXBobcat

Fulltime
YES...

Says I have to have at least 10 characters in my reply so I guess I better enter enough information for it to figure out that I am making a reply.. good thing this thing does not work on text messages.. K

Draco Dog

(lefty frizzell---I love your "Life's Journey" too funny).

We have the standard recliners.

In our 2008 Big Horn 3670RL, I really wanted to switch positions with the couch and the recliner chairs, but the couch was a little too big.

Anyway, I'll see if we can find some "gliders", or something similar. I really don't want to get rid of the chairs. We both like them. And if we replaced them, then we would have to get rid of the chairs that are currently in the Big Horn. Geez. That would create more stress. I plan on retiring by the end of this year and we are in the process of selling our home and all the furniture, etc.

I sure want to thank you all for responding to my plea for help. You're the best.