Removing Decals from Full Body Paint Unit

Oregon_Camper

I'd like to remove all the stickers/decals on my Big Horn with Full Body Paint.

Has anyone done this? Would using something like Goof Off work or would it damage the paint?

Thanks.... :)

jbeletti

I'd like to remove all the stickers/decals on my Big Horn with Full Body Paint.

Has anyone done this? Would using something like Goof Off work or would it damage the paint?

Thanks.... :)

I'd be REAL careful with that stuff on paint. Perhaps a citrus based cleaner would be better. Or maybe use a hair dryer to gently heat the decal, then peel it off.

jbeletti

I don't understand why are their decals on full paint l

Some general info decals, some warning decals and some advertising decals. I think some of these are mandated by RVIA code to be on. It's up to the retail purchaser to leave as-is or make it their own.

OEFVET

If your Bighorn is new you should be able to remove the decals by using a blowdryer or heat gun. Start on the corner and slowly peel it off. I would avoid using anything else unless you can't get them off this way.

Oregon_Camper

Some general info decals, some warning decals and some advertising decals. I think some of these are mandated by RVIA code to be on. It's up to the retail purchaser to leave as-is or make it their own.

Correct...I'm talking about removing the warning stickers and the 88 degree turning sticker. I paid for full body paint...why muck it up with these ugly stickers!

OEFVET

Yea I had my Cyclone custom painted with graphics. Immediately afterwards I had the dealer complete some warranty work. The dealer had the audacity to put their dealer advertising sticker on my Cyclone. This is after the original one was removed by me.

Oregon_Camper

Yea I had my Cyclone custom painted with graphics. Immediately afterwards I had the dealer complete some warranty work. The dealer had the audacity to put their dealer advertising sticker on my Cyclone. This is after the original one was removed by me.

LOL....Dealer tried this with me too. They had their name in big letters, over the entire bumper. OMG! Told them during the PDI they needed to remove that. They looked at me like I was from another planet....but they removed it. :)

buddyboy

LOL....Dealer tried this with me too. They had their name in big letters, over the entire bumper. OMG! Told them during the PDI they needed to remove that. They looked at me like I was from another planet....but they removed it. :)

When we bought a vehicle once, we told the dealer we didn't want their advertising logo on the car. When they said it couldn't be removed, I asked how much we could expect each month for advertising their dealership. Amazing how quickly it was removed.

Martha

MCTalley

I will have to say I was pleased that the selling dealer for our current rig (La Mesa) simply put one of their plastic license plate surrounds on the back of our rig and no stickers or emblems.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I will never leave the advertising for the dealership (car, truck, RV, Boat or lawnmower) on the vehicle unless the dealership is willing to pay me to advertise for them.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
We leave the stickers on because of our habit of trading campers every couple of years. As for the dealer's sticker, it's on the back under the window so we also leave it on in that most of the time nobody sees it, especially when you are backed in.

Oregon_Camper

Removed 2 decals/stickers today. The before picture isn't the best (was blown up from another picture) but you can see the difference. I used Goof Off to remove them and then washed the area twice to ensure all the chemicals were removed.

stickers.jpg

travlingman

I used a hair dryer and then the goof gone, or whatever it is called, and then washed area with soap on mine. Mine looks just fine, really better, since all of the ugly stickers not there anymore. I agree, paid to much for the paint to cover it up with stickers or advertisements for someone.