Sundance - Water heater

We just purchased this 2009 31.5 Sundance bunkhouse 5th wheel and have a couple questions regarding the operations of the unit.
The first one is the water heater -

For this model is the heater run on propane only or is it propane / electric and if so how do i get it to run off the electric?
is there a switch located somewhere that i need to toggle or is it automatic?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Re: ATF: Sundance - Water heater

You may find some help in the "Tools" area located in the menu bar at the top of this page.
Here is a link [LINK] to a water heater usage guide.
Your will be a bit different, but they are all similar.
You will have to be looking for a switch in your control panel, kitchen wall or bathroom wall.

Peace
Dave

the model is a 315RDX and i didnt think i saw a rocker switch at the water heater on the outside.

would it be worth while for us to change this 2009 unit out for a hybrid gas /electric unit and if so who would have them?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member

the model is a 315RDX and i didnt think i saw a rocker switch at the water heater on the outside.

would it be worth while for us to change this 2009 unit out for a hybrid gas /electric unit and if so who would have them?

Take a look at the water heater face on the outside of the rig (remove the cover panel). What brand/model is the water heater? Suburban DSI water heaters are dual operation (gas & electric). Others may be gas only. The rocker switch on the outside face, if there is one, may be obscured by the gas valve and burner tube assembly.

The outside rocker switch will look like the one in the first photo. The interior switch will look something like the one in the lower left corner in the second photo, like a red wall switch that lights when the element is turned on (it stays on). The switch to fire the propane is the far right switch on the monitor panel.

If your water heater is dual source, you can run either/or both.