• Pets ok?: Yes
  • Pet Fee: $$0.00
  • WiFi available: Yes
  • WiFi Fee: $$0.00

Details:
------------------------------
  • Number of sites held: 12
  • Register by end of day 1/12/2016
  • Site fee: $45.36 per night (tax included) if we get 10 or more rigs or with Good Sam/AARP/AAA.
  • Club Member Event fee: $0.00
  • Non-Club Member fee: $0.00
  • Potluck: No
  • Potluck date:
  • Potluck time:

• Event Leader: For20hunter(click to contact)

Additional Info:
During this weekend Camp-Out, the Red Wine and Chocolate Festival is happening. We are hoping to get a group of RVers (SOB's Welcome) to enjoy some of Yakima Valley's best vineyards, a handful of breweries and a couple of distilleries. In 2015 the cost of the Red Wine and Chocolate Festival was $20.00 per person for the Passport which gets you into multiple wineries, breweries and distilleries and includes their tastings and snacks. We anticipate the price of this years festival to be similar. Please let us know if you decide to go and which site number you get assigned. Their cancelation policy is very liberal and will not charge as long as you give 24 hours notice.

Attending:

1. Rod and Kelly Ditrich (for20hunter)
  2. Carlos and Kindra Benavidez (moses)
  3. Doug and Doris Anderson (grampafish)
  4. Bruce McLaughlin (Manzan)

Last edited:

Grampafish

Washington Chapter Leaders-Retired
We are signed up...Feb. 12 through the 15th...site #111! Yeah, now just have to hope that we will get one of those GORGEOUS February President's Day weekends! Looking forward to checking out this park and the surrounding area.

Manzan

Made my reservations today--In on the 12th and out on the 15th. Doug, I am hoping the same with no snow on the road in the passes.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
We are signed up...Feb. 12 through the 15th...site #111! Yeah, now just have to hope that we will get one of those GORGEOUS February President's Day weekends! Looking forward to checking out this park and the surrounding area.

Made my reservations today--In on the 12th and out on the 15th. Doug, I am hoping the same with no snow on the road in the passes.

Yeah! Gonna be a fun time!!

Rod

RottsNScotts

I just took a look as I may still be in the area.

However...

Did anyone notice they do NOT allow Rottweilers???????

RottsNScotts

I'll just tell them they are German Cattle Dogs.

Could probably sneak Boomer in; with his tail, they probably would not know what he was!

Oh well, something new to check when searching for locations for group activities...I think I will drop the Anacortes park an e mail to see if they have any restrictions...

For20hunter

The time is getting closer! Anyone that likes wine and great snacks and food, don't miss out!! This is a great event with some amazing and tantalizing tastes for the pallet!

Rod

For20hunter

Carlos, Kindra, Doug, Doris and Bruce,

Kelly and I are looking forward to seeing you guys next weekend and tasting some good wine! Any other last minute takers?

Rod

Grampafish

Washington Chapter Leaders-Retired
I'll just tell them they are German Cattle Dogs.

Could probably sneak Boomer in; with his tail, they probably would not know what he was!

Oh well, something new to check when searching for locations for group activities...I think I will drop the Anacortes park an e mail to see if they have any restrictions...

Hi Janet, We double-checked our information from Fidalgo Bay Resort, and they do not have restrictions on breed. Hope you can attend the WA rally in Anacortes! We'd love to see your new Cyclone!

For20hunter

A few of us are having a great time at the Red Wine and Chocolate Festival! Here are some pics of last night and yesterdays festivities including our menu of our 4 course dinner. Good times, great food and amazing friends! The 2 pictures in the middle are of our Pino Rose Sorbet being made in front of us all. What an great day!

Attachments

• IMG_0469.jpg
    IMG_0469.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0472.JPG
    IMG_0472.JPG
    127.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0474.jpg
    IMG_0474.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0477.jpg
    IMG_0477.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0471.jpg
    IMG_0471.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0473.jpg
    IMG_0473.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0479.JPG
    IMG_0479.JPG
    167.9 KB · Views: 10

RottsNScotts

Am developing my schedule now as I am now officially on the road! I hope to be there with you guys!

- - - Updated - - -

Wish I could have been there with you now that I am officially on the road!

Spent last night and will again tonight at the Valley of the Rogue State Park. There are a lot of people and rigs here, I am sure due to the holiday, but it is still very peaceful and quiet! LOVE IT!

Apparently, I managed to reserve one of the worst spots here - that would be my job, right? - so had my first leveling challenge. Got it perfect at one point only to realize all my tires were off the pavement! Ooops! Fixed that and got close enough. Am not yet brave enough to try the self leveler...

Saw my first Cyclone as I went through Woodburn, OR. It was parked at the outlet center; same color as mine and everything! Have a Big Country with a dealer plate, owners have a red and a blue Malamute, parked about 2 spaces in front of me...

You guys all have a safe trip home!

For20hunter

Janet,

Its okay to have your tires off the ground when its level. We have had some sites where one or more of our tires were off the ground as well. It just sucks when its the door side since the steps are then so high off the ground. The auto level is the easiest feature. Just make sure that you pull the truck completely out from under it before you begin and then "let her buck".

You are right by Julie and Sonja, who live in Grants Pass. You met them at our Rally in Monitor last year. If you happen to run into them, tell them we said hello from us.

Safe travels! Give Boomer and Abby a scratch.

Rod

RottsNScotts

Thanks Rod! The steps being so high was my first clue; poor Abby, at age 12 as of Saturday, really had to climb up that first step! Boom just jumped up. Good to know about tires being off the ground; one or more would not have worried me as much as ALL of them did! LOL

I will be brave and do the auto level next time I unhitch, promise! That will leave only the generator as far as systems I am learning to use!

Status
Not open for further replies.