Edge M18 Winterizing

EdgeOut

Hi All: I know its 90 plus degrees here in the South and for that matter hot everywhere else. Since we are new to our 2010 Edge M18 is there any specific info on winterizing the edge, i.e., like by pass valves, suction hose for the pump, valve labels and turn instructions and or pictures. I believe that there is a panel that needs to be unscrewed and removed to gain access to the line and pump ( told by the Tech where we purchased the unit) but have not removed it as of yet. There were NO manuals with the unit.

Just want to get a head start on the process. Many thanks John & Kris Aiken SC

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you look at the top of this page you will see a menu a bar with "Tools" button. Click it. Lots of info there.
There is plenty of information there, including a winterizing guide.
Your system might be a bit different but the method will be the same.

Peace
Dave

EdgeOut

Thanks Dave Have looked at this but am trying to get a schematic specific to the M18.
John & Kris Aiken SC

EdgeOut

Dan Well am familiar with the process but from past experience each manufacture runs line etc differently. Since I am 70 and have braces on both legs, bad hip and back ( yes a wreck) and have to crawl into the bay , unscrew the panel and then look inside I thought some labeling or picture would be helpful as past RV's we have had had specific pictures for each of their units.
Guess will just have to wing it .
Thanks John

danemayer

Maybe another Edge M18 owner will chime in to point you to the location of the bypass valves and suction hose.

camr

I will take a guess that the pump/winterizing hose is under the bed in a compartment. If you see a square compartment when the bed is raised, take the top off. This was how our M22 was set up.

EdgeOut

Thanks for the suggestion ,however there bed in the 18 does not lift up one must crawl into the bay and unscrew a panel and then try to work on the systems. Later, if this is confirmed, I will perhaps try building a hatch on the bed platform to gain access from above to get at the pump and valves. Time will tell...!!!!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
On our previous Heartland Trail Runner, the water pump was under the sofa.

I haven't found it yet in our new Heartland Prowler.

EdgeOut

Re: Edge M18 Winterizing PICTURES Now

Now have taken bed base up and got good pict of Water Heater system The way the valves are now from dealer supposed to be in operation mode. I think the valve between the red and blue line in perpendicular and should he horizontal for normal ops. Looks like they left it in Winter Mode. Any comments would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_1102.jpg
    IMG_1102.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 36

danemayer

Now have taken bed base up and got good pict of Water Heater system The way the valves are now from dealer supposed to be in operation mode. I think the valve between the red and blue line in perpendicular and should he horizontal for normal ops. Looks like they left it in Winter Mode. Any comments would be appreciated.

Looks like they did leave the perpendicular bypass leg in winter mode. The main hot and cold lines look like they're in normal operating mode.

The way it's set now, it looks like cold water will still go into the water heater, and hot water will come out, so the water heater is not bypassed. The effect of having the perpendicular bypass leg in winter mode is that if you were to take a hot shower now, the water would be lukewarm.

EdgeOut

Dan Thanks so much. That is what I thought. We just came back and I did turn it to what I thought and you confirmed was winter mode to Normal Operation Mode. Thanks agin now DW will have a Hot shower when she uses it.
Sorry for all the questions and space taken up with this but wanted to be sure since nothing was left in the unit and our past units had labels etc. Plus I guess at 69 the mind is not as good as it used to be...now DW would probably say well it was never that great !
Thanks again ....we are working on getting it ready with some minor modes and all set up for our first adventure Sept 8th to Hunting Island State Parls in SC it is right on the ocean.