Leaky Rear AC

Jess

Hello!

I'm the owner of a new Gateway 3750 and when I leave the rear A/C running it sometimes drips some water on the bed below. A few drops of water also collect on the main cold air vent--enough to make my hand wet when I run it over the vent.

The front bedroom AC does not do this.

We had a mobile RV repair guy come out and look at it. He opened it from inside the RV and adjusted something (maybe a seal?) and it leaks less now than it used to, but the problem is not completely gone.

Anyone had this problem before and can help shed some light? It's getting warmer and I'm getting tired of the bucket underneath.

Thanks!
Jess

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Did the person inspect the drain pan on the roof to see if the drain was plugged?? There are 4 bolts that hold the roof unit in place. If the bolts are a little loose, then you get water dripping inside the coach. High humidity and the fan set on low speed could cause excessive water build up on the evaporator core.

GOTTOYS

If you paid the guy to fix it and he didn't, maybe he should come back and fix it right. You don't want to over tighten the mounting bolts as that can distort the gasket. Sounds like maybe the drain is plugged...Don

Jess

Thanks for your responses, Bob and Dan.

I checked it from underneath again and I got up on the roof and took a look. It looks like the bolts down here are pretty tight, so I won't over-tighten them. There didn't appear to be any clogs in the drain, but a little water was collecting in the styrofoam just before the plastic drain. Seemed like there was a little lip in the styrofoam, so I tried to shave it down a little. Put it all back together and ran it again, but after running a few hours it started spraying water again.

Is it possible it's not level, and that's causing build-up to a point where it starts blowing water down into the RV?

I might just have to run it until it does it again and then get up on the roof to see where the water is collecting. It seems to be draining alright when it starts, and only starts dripping after a couple hours.

Anyway, thanks again for your help. I'll post again if I manage to catch it in the act.

Jess

Yeah, you're right, he should've fixed it right the first time, but he stopped returning my calls. Maybe I'm too demanding. :)

If you paid the guy to fix it and he didn't, maybe he should come back and fix it right. You don't want to over tighten the mounting bolts as that can distort the gasket. Sounds like maybe the drain is plugged...Don

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Did he take your money?? Does Co. have BAR or some kind of consumers help line. If so, I would contact them and smear the guys name/company and go after him in court. But that's just me. I worked hard for my money and "ain't" going to give it away to a crook.

Jess

You've got a point. He did fix a couple other things, the AC was kind of "oh-and-another-thing". I guess I don't feel ripped off enough to go after him.

And if we're tallying up crooks I've run into lately, he is small potatoes. :)

Did he take your money?? Does Co. have BAR or some kind of consumers help line. If so, I would contact them and smear the guys name/company and go after him in court. But that's just me. I worked hard for my money and "ain't" going to give it away to a crook.