Independent suspension

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

That is the "testimonial" I was looking for. The man that has used both.... Thanks I will not waste my time or money trying things I will go straight to the Mor Ryde sys. Some how some day. Indiana is a long way from California.

Bones

If we had a couple of volunteers at a national or regional rally, there could be a comparison test done. If we had similar rigs with different suspensions, using a device that logs shocks, like this one, might let everyone know which solution is best, and by how much it beats the others.

Maybe MorRyde could be talked into sponsoring the comparison to prove that the price is justified. Or maybe Lippert would like to challenge MorRyde.
I'll volunteer my rig for comparison if they pay for it. :) What it is like before and what it is like after and video tape the whole thing

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
That is the "testimonial" I was looking for. The man that has used both.... Thanks I will not waste my time or money trying things I will go straight to the Mor Ryde sys. Some how some day. Indiana is a long way from California.

We have driven from Texas to Indiana 3 times to get the Mor-Ryde IS on 3 different rigs. Well worth the trip. We make a mini-vacation our of it as there is much to see and do in the Elkhart/Goshen area. They just love RVers since the RV industry is their main industry.

wdk450

The word on this forum is that MorRyde IS install are now done somewhere in California, besides the service center in Elkhart. I have an e-mail out and have made calls to MorRyde, but haven't got an answer as to exactly where in California it is done, or the cost, yet.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

The word on this forum is that MorRyde IS install are now done somewhere in California, besides the service center in Elkhart. I have an e-mail out and have made calls to MorRyde, but haven't got an answer as to exactly where in California it is done, or the cost, yet.
LOL. The wife and I were already thinking of how we could make it to Indiana and back in 7 days, or drive out and fly back for work. We need to be home every Sunday to do paperwork then we can hit the road again ...
As we were taking about it I read your post. :(
I will definitely look in to it

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I just talked to mor-Ryde she said that the rumor is true and the guy with the answers was on the phone and she will call me right back. So much for our trip to Indiana ....

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Just talked to Grag at Acacia RV performance center in Colton CA. They have been installing the Mor Ryde IS for a while now, so looks like we'll be heading south soon.. Thanks for the heads up.

Last edited:

wdk450

Just talked to Grag at Acia RV performance center in Colton CA. They have been installing the Mor Ryde IS for a while now, so looks like we'll be heading south soon.. Thanks for the heads up.

Jess:
Please share all of the details - Cost, time needed to do install, etc.

Thanks in advance.

BTW, I believe it is spelled "ACACIA", like the tree.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I will do that. Not sure how soon I'll be able to get to it. Hopefully before the Jackson rally next month, but not likely.

thanks for the correction

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
I would love to hear what the quote is. I really would like to do mine too, but want to make sure that the quote is reasonable and that they Mor/Ryde will stand behind this company and honor the warranty and view him as an authorized installer.

Rod

Talked to Grag From Acacia RV and he wants me to send him some pictures of my current suspension before he gives me any price quotes.

wdk450

I would love to hear what the quote is. I really would like to do mine too, but want to make sure that the quote is reasonable and that they Mor/Ryde will stand behind this company and honor the warranty and view him as an authorized installer.

Rod

Acacia RV seems to have all positive reviews on websites that mention it, but they do not seem to have their own website with info about their company, or the IS install.

MorRyde has seemed to be such a standup company in both my experience with them in getting disk brakes installed, and postings about them on this forum, that I would believe they have substantial oversight on their installing dealer; as they take pride in anything with their name on it.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
That is what I would think, but was just wanting to make sure. I will wait to hear back from jesstalkn to see what his quote was. I might have to make a trip in the near future down there too. Henderson's in Grants Pass also does Mor/Ryde so I will go with whoever has the best deal. I know Henderson's is a reputable place based on conversations from other Heartlanders who have had work done there.

Rod

Acacia RV seems to have all positive reviews on websites that mention it, but they do not seem to have their own website with info about their company, or the IS install.

MorRyde has seemed to be such a standup company in both my experience with them in getting disk brakes installed, and postings about them on this forum, that I would believe they have substantial oversight on their installing dealer; as they take pride in anything with their name on it.

wdk450

That is what I would think, but was just wanting to make sure. I will wait to hear back from jesstalkn to see what his quote was. I might have to make a trip in the near future down there too. Henderson's in Grants Pass also does Mor/Ryde so I will go with whoever has the best deal. I know Henderson's is a reputable place based on conversations from other Heartlanders who have had work done there.

Rod

Henderson's has been a supporter of Heartland Rallies in the past, so if we can give them some business, that would be nice.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I herd back from Acacia RV and they said Grag is out until the 31st, so no price quote on the IS and disc brakes tell then I guess

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

wdk450

I thought about the Dexter IS option last fall when I had all of the rolled rear I beams/suspension problems. I seem to remember 5 or 6 years ago Dexter had a similar factory service center in Elkhart like MorRyde's. In fact, I think it was right around the present Heartland home offices, since that is on Dexter drive. They had repair stalls and places to stay awaiting service like MorRyde presently has. Well, they evidently dropped that service center thinking it was competing with their nationwide system of dealers. I phoned the listed dealer in the North Bay area of California, and he seemed to know very little about the RV trailer IS product, or the calculations involved in getting the correct product for my rig. Add to that the fact that I was running up against a financial wall with the costs of a standard suspension fix of my rig problems, I dropped the Dexter idea. I also have not seen a posting by anyone on this, or other RV forums, who have installed and experienced the Dexter IS solution.
I will have to correct a previous post of mine on the MorRyde IS, saying that I have not heard of anyone with problems with it. There was a recent posting here of someone who had a torn rubber spring on one of the axles after a few years of use.