Road Warrior - Where is my power converter in my 2010 405RW?

spookdawg

(Sorry, I don't have my trailer or registration with me.) Lost 110V AC shore power while sitting in a camp spot, not moving, for 4 days. All 12V DC works correctly. Checked GFCI, resets. Checked power at the post, good in all 3 phases. Checked breakers at the panel, nothing is tripped or failing to reset. Narrowed down to faulty power cable, or fuses at the power converter (I was told there were 2, and that they would be in front of the converter box which would be directly behind the breaker panel). When I removed the breaker panel, there was no converter box behind it...so before I go removing wall panels, any assistance looking for it would be great. Got into the onboard generator pocket as well, but did not see anything that looked like a power converter.

jimtoo

Hi spookdawg,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

I'm sure some of our other members will jump in soon with some info for you.

Be sure and check out our Heartland Owners Club. Join us at a rally when you can and meet lots of the great folks here and make friends for a lifetime.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

I did move the thread to a better area for info.

BLHFUN

The inverter is usually mounted on the back wall in the generator compartment above the batteries. The inverter has a fuse and a trip breaker located in the top where the Cat5 cable plugs in. (If it's like my pure sine) there is also an inline fuse between the inverter and the cut off switch. I had this issues last year and I tripped the inverter changing from the inverter to the generator. Or vice versa. Check the inverter trip switch on the end. It should be the first to trip before a fuse goes. Usually, all of what I mentioned above is in the gen set box on the left side above the batteries.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
If you lost 120 volt from shore then your converter will have nothing to do with with it.
When checking your breakers you must not do a visual. Turn them off then back on. They will trip but not look tripped.
Did you check the breakers at the pedestal? If you don't have a meter you might want to have park maintenance check for power there.
If your shore power cord has the Marinco type that plugs into your coach and has a little twist along with a securing ring, be sure it is all secure.
Do you have a volt meter? That will help you in finding your problem.
Come back and let us know what you find.

Peace
Dave

danemayer

I agree with Dave. If you've lost shore power and NONE of your 110V appliances or outlets work, it has nothing to do with the Power Converter (which changes 110V AC to 12V DC).

Have you tried running the generator?

Shore power and generator power come together at an Automatic Transfer Switch. Power from one source or the other is routed to the circuit breaker panel. So if the pedestal is ok, and the power cord is fully plugged in, but there's no power, it may be a problem at the Automatic Transfer Switch.