Greystone - Slideout floor breaks away.

retucker

The floor in the living room slide out in my 2011 Greystone 29MK has detached from the sidewall of the slide out. The slide out contains a fairly heavy factory provided sofa bed. When the slide is drawn in the inner side of the slide out floor is unsupported, riding about an inch above the main living space floor. The weight of the sofa bed simply pushes the slide out floor down until it touches the main floor, separating it from the side of the slide out. The floor of the slide out is fastened to the side of the slide out with several wood screws. These simply are not sufficient to bear the weight of the sofa when when the slide out is drawn in and inner edge of the floor is unsupported. How do I fix this?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Re: ATF: Greystone - Slideout floor breaks away.

We noticed something similar last year. We added some more screws from outside the floor, up into the wall. Seems to have fixed it, have not noticed any more issues. We also make sure the sofa is strapped securely when we travel so there is less bounce.

Grey Ghost

Oh ****, something else to look forward too with my Greystone. I thought almost losing the rear end cap was bad enough!!:mad::mad:

TxCowboy

Going to follow this thread. Haven't seen any evidence of this in my 2011 32RL but I'll look a little closer.

mlburst1

Sounds like a broken slide roller.

We have experienced two broken slide rollers - one on the bedroom slide and one on the kitchen slide.

The rollers were attached with countersink type wood screws and sheared off in the metal bracket - poorly engineered...

sheared_roller_screws_072914 (2).jpg
Mike

Attachments

• slide_roller_072914 (2).jpg
    slide_roller_072914 (2).jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 86

TxCowboy

Mike, is that a DIY repair or something a dealer must perform?

wrgrs50s

It might be the frame separating at the welds inside the slide wall. Here are a few pics of my repair.

First I removed the couch, then removed the slide trim and gently pryed the wallboard back to expose the frame. I bought the metal pieces at Home Depot. Repaired with screws and re-glued the wallboard.
It looks like all the photo's are in reverse order of my description above.

I now use a 1x4 as a wedge under the slide wall to keep it from bouncing during travel.

Attachments

• IMAG0002.jpg
    IMAG0002.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 87
  • IMAG0003.jpg
    IMAG0003.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 102
  • IMAG0004.jpg
    IMAG0004.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 97
  • IMAG0006.jpg
    IMAG0006.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 99
  • IMAG0007.jpg
    IMAG0007.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 101
  • IMAG0009.jpg
    IMAG0009.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 107
  • IMAG0025.jpg
    IMAG0025.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 106

mlburst1

Jeff,

There is an old thread where someone repaired it themselves - I couldn't get the slide up high enough to drill new holes so it went to a local dealer for repair - both times!$!$

Mike

TxCowboy

Mike, thanks for posting. I think I recall that thread and, yeah, it was a dealer only repair as they have to partially remove the slide, lift it up at the outside edge, and install the new roller bearing(s).

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

On our previous Heartland product, a 2013 Trail Runner, when the slide was out, it made the dinette separate at the floor.

In otherwords, when the slide was out and set, the bottom of the side of the dinette seat would pull away from the panel that it was attached to.

But if I ran it back in just a little . . . it didn't stress the connection between the two pieces of the dinette.

However, I was worried that the seal for weather or bugs wasn't as good since I had to run the slide back in???

I have photos . . . I'll find and post them later!

bshock

Thanks for these pictures. I used them to fix the identicle problem on my Sundance and used Large L brackets at the weld points. I also had a middle frame support that I don't see on your picture that I used brackets on as well. I will put the 1x 4 under the frame same as you for travel. Bumpy roads are the problem with the weight the sofa bouncing up and down.

thanks again...great job.