Project LM 365

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Thanks Rod I'll pull it out tomorrow and take it for a ride.
I have to switch my truck program to electric over hydraulic.
What should I set my truck on ?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
I have mine set at 7, but its a matter of preference. My dad has his set at 5 on his Chevrolet.

Rod

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Let me know how it goes. Other than the smile from ear to ear that is gonna be on your face!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

sjandbj

Jerrod,
I started at 7 on my 2008 Ford and felt that the trailer stopped my truck. Coming back from Indiana I found that 5-5.5 was just right.

jbeletti

Nice work on the plumbing Jerrod. Should be night and day difference in stopping capability.

What air-ride suspension are you favoring?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Thanks Jim
I'm looking at the Trailer-flex or the Dexter.
Hopefully I'll be able to pick one and do it the spring/summer.

jbeletti

Thanks Jim
I'm looking at the Trailer-flex or the Dexter.
Hopefully I'll be able to pick one and do it the spring/summer.

I have a proto-type of the Trailer-flex installed on one of my Landmarks many years ago. Worked well but you had to remember to re-air the system before travel. Forgot a couple times. I also loved the ability to kneel the whole unit when setup at a CG.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Before you take it out for a test drive take a look at the flex break lines vs the tires. It will be different once the weight is back on the tires.
I had one that almost wore through the line. Oops. Needed replacement and re positioning.

Peace
Dave

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Before you take it out for a test drive take a look at the flex break lines vs the tires. It will be different once the weight is back on the tires.
I had one that almost wore through the line. Oops. Needed replacement and re positioning.

Peace
Dave

Thanks Dave I'll look at that too. I'm going to jack each axle up and watch the other one go down to make sure they will reach also. I was looking at the picture last night and figured I should double check that too. I'm pretty sure with the weight of the trailer on the suspension they should be plenty long enough. I'll be heading out soon to investigate. :)

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Everything looks good under there
561e12a818c0a2a35a56860a9da02f9f.jpg

37fe708c73a11882b1344443ad2af6a5.jpg

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I hooked up the rig today to do a few things.

First was to program the Ford TPMS system.
It worked perfectly.
I can set the desired pressure in the dash. I set it at 105psi
Then had to run around and let air out of each tire one at a time so the system can identify it's position.
Success ��
7494f07175eff80249e8087c5f412d5a.jpg

Next I ran down the street to a warehouse parking lot and checked out how far I can turn with the new TPMS/Rear camera cord. I ran it inside of my coiled cord.
Almost 90° I never turn that sharp anyway.
And as you can see my 12' coiled cord has lots more slack.

4e36f1309b56b02f0061d823d6144041.jpg

Next was figuring out what to run the airbags at. This is 35psi I might need to go a little more

15d4698145a12ece3f143c65d9bbd8b6.jpg

Next I dicided to mount the wireless remote control for the airbags in the sunglass holder in the headliner.
cd2efba2ee010b5d713cd281ccb326ee.jpg

ad74d1783512010350834e95f0c3cede.jpg

I think I'm ready to Rock and roll

BTW The new Disc Brakes work awesome

Last edited:

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Rod I'm so dieled in it's crazy. I was using the disc brakes to stop the truck as I drove around the block. I broke em in good. I have them on 8 right now
They only have about 4 miles on em.
Definitely a nice difference.
Didn't notice the lag yet.

kdubinwa

Jerrod,

Great work and very helpful!

Any tricks to deciding exactly where to run the brake line through the frame to the opposite side? Did you have to drop the chloroplast to confirm clearances or add any brake line supports?

Other than grommets on the frames it appears you went straight through so I wondered if it is suspended or braced some how.

Kurt

Attachments

• eb5b4f3ea0ac8be03104c0edf1c43814.jpg
    eb5b4f3ea0ac8be03104c0edf1c43814.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 85

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Actually I tried to go straight through but there are a few heater tubes in the way I actually drilled a hole in one that was up agenst the driver's side frame rail. My trailer has a 14" sqare hole with a patch over it in the corpilast, not sure why it's there but it was in the perfect place for me.
I went directly over the front axle. I drilled the holes with the 1-1/8 step bit and used the Truck glad hand seals as grommets
336c94783eab75077e8f0964331604c6.jpg

Then I had to bend and form the line on one side, connect it and succure it.
Next was to gently do the same on the other side, putting a few extra bends in it so if I needed extra line I had it.
After it was all connected I ZIP tied the line to the cross member up inside the access hole. Then reinstalled the cover over the hole and used my shield repair tape for the first time.
844aec585132766a7702a995650b2439.jpg

I hope some of that made sense.
Let me know if there is anything I can do to help

Jerrod

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I see that this "Project LM 365" tread has hit the 100'000 views mark today. I believe this is the first thread to hit 100'000 on the Heartland forum.
Thank you all for taking part in this adventure. It has been a blast for me.

Edit: It's was brought to my attention this is not the first thread to hit 100,000
Duane hit that mark a long time ago and still running.
150,000 and going.
That's incredible.

Last edited:

kdubinwa

Actually I tried to go straight through but there are a few heater tubes in the way I actually drilled a hole in one that was up agenst the driver's side frame rail. My trailer has a 14" sqare hole with a patch over it in the corpilast, not sure why it's there but it was in the perfect place for me.
I went directly over the front axle. I drilled the holes with the 1-1/8 step bit and used the Truck glad hand seals as grommets

Then I had to bend and form the line on one side, connect it and succure it.
Next was to gently do the same on the other side, putting a few extra bends in it so if I needed extra line I had it.
After it was all connected I ZIP tied the line to the cross member up inside the access hole. Then reinstalled the cover over the hole and used my shield repair tape for the first time.

I hope some of that made sense.
Let me know if there is anything I can do to help

Jerrod

Thanks Jerrod.

I'm not going to be that lucky :( No convenient access from the bottom on my BH 3160E

Other than better aesthetics do you think an exposed brake line mounted outside across the bottom of the trailer will be a problem? Is there something I should/could wrap the exposed line in like wire loom or something else?