Project LM 365

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

To funny Dave
That's what I'm thinking. I'm sure somebody makes one I just haven't had time to do a Bing search on it yet.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Found something close to work with
b3c5a77ad6427a7ce79be955e7f0eed5.jpg

e2958376d7e29c72d38d535242ad0133.jpg
60d1d941c3fd9b431ec1279f71b8b287.jpg

Bones

I think your on the right path. I was investigating a check-valve for the gas industry that doesn't let fluid past.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Project LM 365 is on Vacation just backed in to our spot. 6 days of this view.
Been here 20 minutes and there is a pod of whale about 300 feet off shore right behind us.
7e4b29d0cd29d1a437a670f079430e35.jpg
054984b62cdff7d0b4aed7a9e4bec28d.jpg
a62591795ca4be2b9abe98039a30b9d1.jpg

Gary521

Porthole, you are making a serious error by connecting the same water in let to the Black tank flush and the city water inlet. Excellent chance for cross contamination. It may look nifty but bacteria don't care.

TikiDawg

Awesome view! and whales too!! Enjoy the vacation. I'm sure you'll be dreaming up and diagramming more mods as you stare out at the Pacific ocean.

sjandbj

Project LM 365 is on Vacation just backed in to our spot. 6 days of this view.
Been here 20 minutes and there is a pod of whale about 300 feet off shore right behind us.

Jerrod,
Where are you staying at? Awesome view.
Steve

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Porthole, you are making a serious error by connecting the same water in let to the Black tank flush and the city water inlet. Excellent chance for cross contamination. It may look nifty but bacteria don't care.
Ya I've been thinking the same thing it looks awesome but not a good idea.

danemayer

I also have a distribution manifold that provides water to both the city inlet, a fresh tank fill, and the black tank flush, using a single hose connection.

But I have a check valve in-between the manifold and the black tank flush. For the water supply to be contaminated, that check valve and the OEM anti-siphon device would both have to fail, and there would have to be negative water pressure.

A separate water hose is clearly safest. The OEM anti-siphon device should provide enough protection. But to me, there are enough examples of the anti-siphon device failing that I don't think I would trust it.

Fortunately for all of us, I think the negative water pressure scenario might be uncommon. And when using a separate hose, the water supply problem would have to coincide with being hooked up to the black tank flush. With a continuous hookup, as with mine and Duane's, negative pressure at any time would test the anti-siphon valve and my check valve.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
My manifold also serves the city water, a utility hose, and the tank flush. I replaced the inlet for the flush with a brass city water inlet with check valve. Been like that for several years with no cooties pole vaulting the void. Now that the buried anti-siphon valve went FUBAR the end of last season, it will be replaced with a SharkBite check valve in the basement rather than trying to cut a hole in the bathroom wall to replace it. Not too concerned about encountering a negative water pressure situation.

Gary521

Check valves, shut off valves (remember - shut off valves are rotated ) all can pass contaminates. Do you drink from the same hose you flush your tank with? ( well I guess if you have some sort of manifold you do ) However, If you did not have a manifold, would you do it? This is not good sanitary practice. The city water inlet and flush inlets are separate for a reason.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Lets post an update on my New water pump. Now that I replaced the water pump with the faulty internal check valve my pump no longer cycles every 20 minutes. The only time it comes on now is when I open a faucet. I did not install a one-way check valve in the suction line, and don't think I'll ever need too. Also I haven't experienced the fresh tank filling up when hooked to city water anymore.

So both of my issues were from the faulty pump.
Thanks Heartland for sending me the new pump.

Bones

Lets post an update on my New water pump. Now that I replaced the water pump with the faulty internal check valve my pump no longer cycles every 20 minutes. The only time it comes on now is when I open a faucet. I did not install a one-way check valve in the suction line, and don't think I'll ever need too. Also I haven't experienced the fresh tank filling up when hooked to city water anymore.

So both of my issues were from the faulty pump.
Thanks Heartland for sending me the new pump.
Glad it is fixed now

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Check valves, shut off valves (remember - shut off valves are rotated ) all can pass contaminates. Do you drink from the same hose you flush your tank with? ( well I guess if you have some sort of manifold you do ) However, If you did not have a manifold, would you do it? This is not good sanitary practice. The city water inlet and flush inlets are separate for a reason.

I use a different hose with check valve and caution but unless you're always dumping at a designated dump station, are you not using the same fresh water supply that feeds your coach?? There's not a separate "use this for flushing your black tank" spigot any any sites I've ever been too.
Jus' sayin'...

porthole

Retired

Not worried and not going to happen as long as I own the trailer.

The picture is an old picture, and there have been a couple of changes. But even before the change, never worried.

There is a bronze one way check valve for the waste tank behind the panel (and not a cheap RV version)
There is a bronze check valve for the fresh water into the coach behind the panel.

In the picture, the mode to flush was open the black handled valve to pressurize the pipe then the yellow flush valve. There was always positive pressure in front of the valve.
When filling the fresh water tank, that line was always flushed first, just to get rid of any stale water in the line.
My fresh water tanks do not fill through the fill pipe, they are filled through the two tank drains. So when filling those tanks, and flushing the line first, the lines are clean before the water gets into the tank.

I also sanitize my water system twice a season at a minimum, which is probably twice as much as most campers do, since many never drink the tank water.
We use our tank water all the time.

The change is similar, but the fresh water tank fill was moved from where you see it here to after the filters on the inside of the basement.
The only thing I would do different if I was to start over, would be to include an additional check valve before the 1/4 black handle valve.
That will be on the next RV

- - - Updated - - -

And of all the concerns I have about bacteria from waste, I would say my biggest concern is pulling into a site after someone just left.
We have no idea how "sanitary" some people are or are not.
And I always bank on - "the are not".

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Glad it is fixed now
Me too. We went all night and it never cyceled once as far as I know anyway. LOL
I'm a happy camper now. We set up yesterday and turned the pump on and we'll leave it on the whole time.
"Life here just keeps getting better 1 Mod or Repair at a time"

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I bought a portable scale from Northern tool, to weigh all off my components that I'm installing on my draware mod.
First thing is the 23 pound 48" slide rollers

4306a917cfa1d5896ba4f191b46a4539.jpg

0e788b6b470650982339afee12082168.jpg

Last edited: