Page 348 of 348 FirstFirst ... 248 298 338 344 345 346 347 348
Results 3,471 to 3,477 of 3477

Thread: Project LM 365

1. Print this Post   #3471

Re: Project LM 365

Quote Originally Posted by Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn View Post
    "Dr Performance" kit for my 6.7 power stroke on my 2020 F450.

I then noticed my check engine light was on opps
    I was able to check to code with my OBD link and see that it was excessive rail pressure warning.
    Guess that was from jumming on it. I will talk to them on Monday, well I guess it will be Tuesday.
    Did the company respond yet?

I sent an inquiry to them about leaving a fingerprint on the ECU/PCM.
    Along with a question as to if the excessive rail pressure error leaves a permanent code in the module.

Some errors that can be erased with through the ODB are only erased from current memory and not erased from the history.

Either way, that quite an impressive mileage gain.
    When my 350 DRW was new I use to get 19-19.5 at a steady 55-57 mph and an average of about 16.
    Then Ford service did a trans flash that was known to cause a mileage drop and i'm lucky to see 15 now on the highway unloaded.
    Duane & Debbie with Regis & Baylee
    RIP camping buddies Cagney, Misty, my Molly & Gungy
    2011 F-350 DRW

Rallies & campouts:
    2012 - 7
    2013 - 8
    2014 - 9
    2015 - 8
    2016 - 8
    2017 - 9
    2018 - 8 so far

Mods
    --- Topic index --- TST TPMS --- SAT TV --- Onan issues --- Hensley TS-3 :-( --- Ramp failure

2. Print this Post   #3472
    Senior Member Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by porthole View Post
    Did the company respond yet?

I sent an inquiry to them about leaving a fingerprint on the ECU/PCM.
    Along with a question as to if the excessive rail pressure error leaves a permanent code in the module.

Some errors that can be erased with through the ODB are only erased from current memory and not erased from the history.

Either way, that quite an impressive mileage gain.
    When my 350 DRW was new I use to get 19-19.5 at a steady 55-57 mph and an average of about 16.
    Then Ford service did a trans flash that was known to cause a mileage drop and i'm lucky to see 15 now on the highway unloaded.

Yes I talked to them yesterday, he said that it is probably still learning the truck. It takes a while for that to happen. If it happens again to let him know. They can change the program or something like that. I haven't driven it sense. I need to hook it up and go for a ride. The smoke out here is horrible right now so it can sit there.

The windmill picture is 11:00 am on the Altamont and the other picture is the bay area at 12 noon

The Jess's
    Jerrod & Rhonda
    Zoey (Our Princess of the Palace)
    2015 Landmark 365 Ashland (Project LM 365)
    2020 Ford Super Duty F450 Limited

Link to my 2015 Landmark 365 Ashland Modifications

3. Print this Post   #3473

Just an FYI for anyone looking to purchase the Dr Performance module. Apparently they are also the same unit marketed as Stealth Performance and also another name that I canít remember. Shop around as the Stealth was $50 cheaper than the Dr Performance for the L5P Chevy. Also there is a YouTube video by Gail Banks comparing all of them. The Stealth ones didnít do so good but I read in the comments that they determined it was faulty. I looked for a rebuttal video from Stealth but couldnít find it. If anyone can find it let me know as I had already ordered the Dr Performance before finding this out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Print this Post   #3474
    Senior Member Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn's Avatar

Update on Dr Performance

The mileage ganes were incredible. However It keeps hitting the "High fuel pressure" limits and triggering the check engine light. Then it d-rates to about 50% until I stop and clear the code with my OBD program on my phone.

I call them and he says he's never had a issue. They sent me out a new one and same thing !!!!

I took it back out and waiting to talk to them on Monday.

I was seeing 19.5 mpg not towing.

I would rather have Dependability over fuel mileage!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    The Jess's
    Jerrod & Rhonda
    Zoey (Our Princess of the Palace)
    2015 Landmark 365 Ashland (Project LM 365)
    2020 Ford Super Duty F450 Limited

Link to my 2015 Landmark 365 Ashland Modifications

5. Print this Post   #3475

I tried something like this a few years ago with my Ď14 Ram truck. I think itís pretty much the same thing you have, just a different name brand. Plugged inline with the injector harnesses. I had numerous problems with it. At first, I thought it was just the truck. At the time, my truck was still under warranty and I became friends with the service manager at the dealership. I didnít know it at first, but the service manager also ran a diesel performance shop before he became the manager. He told me he used to sell those performance modules, but quit selling them because of all the problems it kept creating for his customers. I thought he was just BSíing me at first & just wanting to blame the module (I should note that they still replaced parts, even though he knew the module was installed). Once I removed it, no more problems! Eventually I removed some other items as well & now it runs better than it ever has. Better mileage, more power, and no black smoke, just tuned properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Print this Post   #3476

Quote Originally Posted by Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn View Post
    Update on Dr Performance

The mileage ganes were incredible. However It keeps hitting the "High fuel pressure" limits and triggering the check engine light. Then it d-rates to about 50% until I stop and clear the code with my OBD program on my phone.

I call them and he says he's never had a issue. They sent me out a new one and same thing !!!!

I took it back out and waiting to talk to them on Monday.

I was seeing 19.5 mpg not towing.

I would rather have Dependability over fuel mileage!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Same exact thing happened on my Chevy. I sent it back and should have a new one in a couple days. Not feeling real confident this was a very good investment. Iíll give it another try and see how it goes.

7. Print this Post   #3477

Quote Originally Posted by Sowie View Post
    Same exact thing happened on my Chevy. I sent it back and should have a new one in a couple days. Not feeling real confident this was a very good investment. Iíll give it another try and see how it goes.

Man I appreciate everyoneís input on actual use. I have been contemplating performance gadgets from day one only to improve economy. I canít imagine a truck with better pulling power than trucks like those with the diesel and 4:10 rear axle ratio.
    Fuel usage is pretty extreme but I knew this would be the case from the get go. I just like tinkering and going there with performance stuff. But I would be upset with problems. And it is not like the extra economy would save the farm. On a 3000 mile trip, it may save you a couple hundred dollars. If you can afford the $150,000 truck/coach rig, probably not a big deal.
    I had a chip in my 2000 7.3 years ago. Never helped the 7 mpg but boy howdy, the power was a big difference. Please everyone, keep us posted and a big thank you.
    But I will add that if diesel goes back to $4 a gallon, the economy factor will take the front seat over performance and Iíll probably let the potential truck problems fall where they may.
    Eddie and Jomaye
    HOC #7088

2015 Heartland Cyclone 4100 HD
    -4 U Cam observation camera
    -Dish Tailgater Pro
    -On The Go Double Standard softener
    -Splendide washer/dryer combo
    -TireMinder bluetooth TPMS
    -RV Smart 50 amp surge protector

2019 Ford F-350 DRW FX4 Lariat
    -Ultimate Lariat package
    -4:10 LS gears