Project LM 365

jbeletti

Did you know Tiffin has a private campground for customers in Red Bay ?
90 spots and almost always near capacity people waiting to get work done.

I stayed nearby in a small, unmanned Cash-only CG when I visited Michael Kidd while he was parked in Tiffin’s service customer campground. It was an asphalt parking lot on property.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SLO

Well l have everything but 1 bushing, so l guess I'm still on the hunt.
The new bushing he gave me is a bit to big and heavy duty to fit into the Dexter equalizer hole.
I beat the old one up pretty good getting it out of the equalizer, otherwise i could just roll it 180° and reinstall it.
713815bfed511b22be765a8594ca03a7.jpg
133613ba999ce76f40da5cf5a0b38822.jpg
ec7ff958229a3cfec037abff76f4f96b.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Just wondering. With all the great, above and beyond, mods you’ve done on your Landmark. Why have you not upgraded your suspension?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bones

Oh cool - video by Michael Kidd’s friend David Bott. It is FHU - yet basically an asphalt parking lot from my memory of a single visit.

The parking lot feature is not much different than a few campgrounds we have stayed at.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Just wondering. With all the great, above and beyond, mods you’ve done on your Landmark. Why have you not upgraded your suspension?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I've looked into a few Air ride set ups and the Moreride IS. Just haven't pulled the plug on one yet.
Jim B. Is tempting me to do the IS next year in Goshan

CarterKraft

I have enjoyed the peace of mind of having no axles or leaf springs on the last 2 coaches with the MORryde IS. It's not bulletproof either but I've had no issue with it.

Just today, I carefully and very slowly, walked the DS tires up a curb and back down. I gotta believe that wouldn't be great for leaf springs.
Maybe the suspension needs bump stops? I just thought of that while you guys are talking, but climbing a curb at 1mph cannot be as hard as a Oklahoma pothole at 65mph, maybe I am underesrimating the size of your curbs LoL.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Maybe the suspension needs bump stops? I just thought of that while you guys are talking, but climbing a curb at 1mph cannot be as hard as a Oklahoma pothole at 65mph, maybe I am underesrimating the size of your curbs LoL.
You must be talking about I-40 :) BTDT

mlpeloquin

Well l have everything but 1 bushing, so l guess I'm still on the hunt.
The new bushing he gave me is a bit to big and heavy duty to fit into the Dexter equalizer hole.
I beat the old one up pretty good getting it out of the equalizer, otherwise i could just roll it 180° and reinstall it.
713815bfed511b22be765a8594ca03a7.jpg
133613ba999ce76f40da5cf5a0b38822.jpg
ec7ff958229a3cfec037abff76f4f96b.jpg

Might be to late, but I hope you use never-seize on those bronze bushings. I coated inside the spring and out side of the bushings. Then used a large C-clamp to walk them into place. https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&k...d=kwd-355623120385&ref=pd_sl_60dobmnilp_b_p38

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I never did post this.
We had all of the carpet replaced in our LM 365 last month. WE LOVE IT !!!! Wish we would have done this a long time ago. It is so much softer and better looking. Feels good on the bare feet too. We did the closet, bedroom, living room, and the stairs. We had them do a wood trim on the stairs to give it a better look. I'll post some pictures in a few.

This is the shop that did the work.
(Countryside Interiors in Junction City Oregon, talk to Joshua and tell him Jerrod sent you)

0f0fb4c3f0212b1bc211c64220b8dc5b.jpg

74b273e057ad6abd1e5319ec6c2b509e.jpg

f23013a2d791d04bc85c2908a3654072.jpg

4210b3aa02f6d8ed769d8db630189a1e.jpg

c218739272745e3b60f02b1e4727dc72.jpg

23db2f734e622f52f704087c629eb7af.jpg

Last edited:

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Another spring bites the dust. Found this while we were packing up to leave last night. Decided to just leave it there for the night and went back today to fix it..
Thanks Rod D. and Ken B. for the help today swapping it out before we had to be out of our spot.
I think we did it in about 35 to 40 minutes...

Can get to Moreryde soon enough to have the IS installed. It set for May 21st and 22nd right before the Goshin rally. Hopefully they make it that long. I will now carry a spare for the time being.

e402903387054a3d33e52dcb8040c5bc.jpg

Another spring bites the dust. Found this while we were packing up to leave last night. Decided to just leave it there for the night and went back today to fix it..
Thanks Rod D. and Ken B. for the help today swapping it out before we had to be out of our spot.

Can get to Moreryde soon enough to have the IS installed. It set for May 21st and 22nd right before the Goshin rally. Hopefully they make it that long. I will now carry a spare for the time being.

Your making me nervous Jerrod.

Identical units and we are leaving from Manitoba to Pahrump NV in two weeks to meet up with you.

Just another check list added item every stop now.

Is there any identifiable warning signs. Or just inspections?

Shawn

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Having had issues different from yours but at the same location, I'm beginning to wonder if aftermarket suspensions we hope to smooth the ride are actually exacerbating a weakness in the spring hangers, springs, and shackles.

After installing the MorRyde SRE4000, we've destroyed two sets of shocks and broken two spring eye wet bolts. MorRyde suggested we go without shocks... so far so good, but I check everything every time we stop.

davebennington

You will like the IS suspension, we had it installed on our unit, I think it makes a big difference. The only down side is pulling away from Mor/ryde and look back to see your 8000 lb axles that you paid big bucks for laying on the shop floor.

RickL

Having had issues different from yours but at the same location, I'm beginning to wonder if aftermarket suspensions we hope to smooth the ride are actually exacerbating a weakness in the spring hangers, springs, and shackles.

After installing the MorRyde SRE4000, we've destroyed two sets of shocks and broken two spring eye wet bolts. MorRyde suggested we go without shocks... so far so good, but I check everything every time we stop.

I don’t doubt that you were told to not run shocks and may have had no problems since eliminating them but that is very confusing. Shocks only purpose are to control the oscillating of the springs. Shocks and shock mounts are and/or never intended to be weight carrying devices. So I my mind, limiting the oscillation “should” actually help the springs. My thought would be maybe the overall stroke of the shock is too short and creating the issue.

Kathi-27

You will like the IS suspension, we had it installed on our unit, I think it makes a big difference. The only down side is pulling away from Mor/ryde and look back to see your 8000 lb axles that you paid big bucks for laying on the shop floor.
they told us that we can have the old axles and springs they where just going to trash them.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Dave we missed you guys at the big CA. rally. Wish you could have made it out.
Ya that's going to kill me to but I'm going to strip everything off of them. Spings, equalizers, wet bolts, and my Joy Rider shock kit and brackets. They are using my disk brakes so all that's left is the bear axles.

Hope to see you guys in Goshin

BusManRG

While you and the others worry me with all of your suspension issues, we’re grateful for all of the info and photos so we know what to inspect for every 15 minutes! No one that I know is more “in tune” with their rig than you, so for you to have these repeated problems is very telling.

Sandy