Project LM 365

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Eh ... it's just numbers .........

When the very first Newport showed up in Urbanna Virginia in 2014, a full tank of water and nothing else in the trailer put it over the GVWR.
Exactly !!!

My last toy hauler said I could put something like 1800 pounds in it.
So much for the Toys :/

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I just cleaned out a few drawers and under my bathroom sink. Tossed a bunch of stuff in the trash. This 1 bag of stuff I wanted to keep was 20lbs
bdb9fb142bb63c29d8c81511d64192e3.jpg
bc70ef34f9144ee7c718c57a552caa34.jpg
2b9baea20f903eedc59c748669e4c58a.jpg

Nightshifter

Jerrod,
My numbers are almost identical to yours. The only difference is I have an 8kw onan in the front and a 50 gallon fuel tank under the frame.

ksucats

thought lm gvw was 18000

Kathi: depends on what year the LM was made. My coach is a 2015 LM 365 Key West. It has a GVWR of 17,500. Another Key West made only 3 weeks later had a GVWR of 18000 lbs. While still shopping for a coach, I called Heartland customer service with the two Vin numbers and was told that they changed something (I believe it had to do with the I-frame but really don't remember all the particulars) and that the 17500 was valid for the one, 18000 for the other. We didn't take the 'newer' one because they changed the washer/dryer from a stackable closer to a buffet type enclosure with the washer closest to the exterior wall and the dryer inside further making the vent run behind the washer to the exterior wall (my reason for not wanting it). The wife wanted the drawers and storage from the other door.

In any case, some LM have 17,500 and others 18,000.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I have trimmed very little weight so far.
2 -0 gravity chairs 40 lbs
2 boxes of DVDs 7 lbs
Golf clubs 63 lbs
Bag of can goods 20 lbs
=130 lbs
Then I went grocery shopping for this trip and filled it up again.
DW is going to see what she can cut but I don't see much more we can do.
I will re weigh it tomorrow morning at a different scale and see what it says.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Jerrod,

My numbers are also nearly identical to yours. This is with about 50 gallons of fresh water in my holding tank and a full tank of fuel. I have a pin weight of 4250 lbs. and 7750 lbs. on my front axle and 7900 lbs. on my rear axle. I am under the gross carrying capacity of my axles and same for my truck carrying capacity. Although I am over on the GVWR of the trailer at 19,900 lbs.. We have tried to minimize our weights, however we full time and this is about as light as we can be. It sure would be nice if they built these with 24,000 lb. GVWR like some of the competitors.

View attachment Henderson's RV:Truck Weight.pdf

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

We are both heading for Indiana to Moreryde soon. What do you think about stepping up to the next size bigger Moreryde IS suspension ??
I think the next step is 10k but I think the ride would be to harsh.

carl.swoyer

We are both heading for Indiana to Moreryde soon. What do you think about stepping up to the next size bigger Moreryde IS suspension ??

Stepping up to the next level still won't have any legal effect on your gvw/ gcvw

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Stepping up to the next level still won't have any legal effect on your gvw/ gcvw

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm not really worried about the sticker, I just want the suspension to handle the actual weight without breaking things.

Jared, stop by and see Kelly and I on the midway. We are working the show!

OK Michael I will try and find you guys. See you soon.

danemayer

Given the weight on the axles, you might not need 10k. You might want to call MorRyde to discuss whether they might have ideas about how to help.

porthole

Retired

You can go with the bigger IS assemblies and run a lower (matched to your weight) durometer shear spring. My last visit to the shop had 7, 8, 8.4 and 9K IS assemblies sitting on the floor.

The 9K has 10K Kodiak brakes which are massive compared to the others.

Here is a visual comparison. BTW - it was -11 in the area this morning, with no wind !

Attachments

• MR_g_IS_8K-8.4-9K_b.jpg
    MR_g_IS_8K-8.4-9K_b.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 88
  • MR_h_IS_8K-8.4-9K_a.jpg
    MR_h_IS_8K-8.4-9K_a.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 87
  • MR_e_IS_9K_&_8K_b.jpg
    MR_e_IS_9K_&_8K_b.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 88
  • MR_f_IS_9K_&_8K_a.jpg
    MR_f_IS_9K_&_8K_a.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 88

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

You can go with the bigger IS assemblies and run a lower (matched to your weight) durometer shear spring. My last visit to the shop had 7, 8, 8.4 and 9K IS assemblies sitting on the floor.

The 9K has 10K Kodiak brakes which are massive compared to the others.

Here is a visual comparison. BTW - it was -11 in the area this morning, with no wind !
Thanks I will definitely do it right. 8.4 sounds like the right one

porthole

Retired
Thanks I will definitely do it right. 8.4 sounds like the right one

The physical dimensions of the springs are the same. Not that you would, but you could put 7K springs on the 9K assembly.

If you do go that route the bonus is that the subframe build up will set your trailer to be level on your truck.

And note that the IS adds 250 - 350 pounds per axle, depending on the size.

Georgia_Biker

The physical dimensions of the springs are the same. Not that you would, but you could put 7K springs on the 9K assembly.

If you do go that route the bonus is that the subframe build up will set your trailer to be level on your truck.

And note that the IS adds 250 - 350 pounds per axle, depending on the size.

Hey Folks-

Just a comment here on the thread. I had my IS system installed along with Disc Brakes just before the Heartland Rally at MorRyde in June 2017. Great expierience!

I have yet to define the advantage over a standard axle - we still have stuff falling off shelves and drawers opening, etc. I can't tell adifference in the pulling but, it does look good.

THE DISC BRAKES HAVE PAID FOR THEMSELVES MORE THAN ONCE - THEY SHOULD BE MADANTORY ON A BIG 5TH WHEEL.

Thanks