Project LM 365

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Jerrod, Awesome new tow vehicle. Thanks for the pictures. Hope to see it soon, congratulations again :cool::cool:!

Thanks George it would be great to see you guys.

Jerrod....at a very high level, what is the advantage of adding the Kelderman system?

I have airbags on the back of our F-350, but from what I can see, your front is also lifted...???

BTW....Yep, super jealous of your 2020 F-450. We just bought our retirement home in Sisters Oregon (about 30 mins from Bend, Oregon), so I'll be putting the F-450 purchase on hold for a bit. :(

Jim congrats on the new place. Sisters is a beautiful area, We really enjoy Bend OR. As for the truck It is amazing, I'm still leaning the air control system and what it can do. I installed the Pace Edwards BedLocker cover today and my tool box, Tomorrow I will fill it up.

Nice looking truck Jerrod. Can’t wait to see it! I’ll show you my new hearing aids, lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Jim Hope all is well with you guys. See you soon.

Truck Looks awesome. I will patiently wait until we see it loaded and how it looks.

Dave I plan to hook it up in the next few days. I'm looking forward to this

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

ok full timer. Did you hook it up yet?
Kinda not really !!! LOL
I've been really busy, lots going on around here.

With the air ride system at ideal ride height the truck sits higher them my F350 did. So I was trying a idea I had to raise my pinbox up 1 bolt hole. After spending a lot of time moving it up, l then hooked up to the truck and everything was just way to close for comfort. The top of the Trailair pinbox was flexing up against the fiberglass front cap. And sitting in my driveway the tailgate was only about 3" from hitting the underside of the RV.
At the pin it was about 6" but I didn't want to worry about it, so I moved it back down to where it was. I have two more options
#1) lower the ride while towing and see how it rides (this ride height can be set as one of my presets) if its to low for a good ride then I can do
#2) raise the RV up at the MORryde IS. Simple 4 bolts at each corner. "Really don't want this thing any taller than it already is.

I Dropped the truck off at Ceramic garage on Monday morning and they will have it this entire week doing the clear wrap on all forward facing surfaces and the a 5 year Ceramic coating. I have never done either of these before but l hear very good things.

I should get it back Saturday.

I have a little glitch in the air control system so we are going to reset and recalibrate that on Monday.
Hopefully I will hook it up on Tuesday and take it for a ride.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Bones

Kinda not really !!! LOL
I've been really busy, lots going on around here.

With the air ride system at ideal ride height the truck sits higher them my F350 did. So I was trying a idea I had to raise my pinbox up 1 bolt hole. After spending a lot of time moving it up, l then hooked up to the truck and everything was just way to close for comfort. The top of the Trailair pinbox was flexing up against the fiberglass front cap. And sitting in my driveway the tailgate was only about 3" from hitting the underside of the RV.
At the pin it was about 6" but I didn't want to worry about it, so I moved it back down to where it was. I have two more options
#1) lower the ride while towing and see how it rides (this ride height can be set as one of my presets) if its to low for a good ride then I can do
#2) raise the RV up at the MORryde IS. Simple 4 bolts at each corner. "Really don't want this thing any taller than it already is.

I Dropped the truck off at Ceramic garage on Monday morning and they will have it this entire week doing the clear wrap on all forward facing surfaces and the a 5 year Ceramic coating. I have never done either of these before but l hear very good things.

I should get it back Saturday.

I have a little glitch in the air control system so we are going to reset and recalibrate that on Monday.
Hopefully I will hook it up on Tuesday and take it for a ride.

Did you get the 2020 or the 2019 truck?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I'm really surprised that you have a clearance issue. My 2019 seems to have a slight rake to it and when loaded it levels out. My bed rails are higher than yours are supposed to be though.
Mine is a bit higher because of the air ride suspension system.
Ideal height is 7.5" for the rear bags. Thats where I should be to get the best ride.
So I'm trying to get everything level at that height setting..

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

First tow
Mind blown !!!

The ride is absolutely amazing,
But the engine and 10 trans blew my mind. The trans shifts so flawlessly.
Altamont west bound (not huge mountain but lots of slow trucks climbing it in the right lanes) it used to pull my 2008 Duramax down to 55/60mph ish so you get an idea of the pull.

We set the cruse at 67mph, the truck climbed the entire hill at 67 mph (cruise control) "IN 10TH GREAR" the hole way up 10th gear !!!! Mind blown
We then turned around in Livermore and went back up the steeper side in afternoon commute traffic and it climbed the steep side in 8th (still a overdrive gear)
8th 9th & 10th are all overdrive gears

Can't wait for Rhonda to ride in it while towing.
8b25a85f76c969df906d13b78c9b6b34.jpg

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Jim you can get Rods evaluation he was the passenger on that maden voyage.

Its a bit nose high but if l lower it with the air bags then I would not be in the premium ride hight for the bags. I don't want to jeopardize the ride quality. I could raise the trailer up 1 bolt hole with the MORryde suspension but hate to make my RV any taller.
So still working on that solution.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Smoother than his F150, which is an amazing ride!! It was incredible. On top of that it has amazing power! He climbed the Altamont hill in 10th gear on cruise control!! The smoothest ride booked up to a 18k fifth wheel ever!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bones

First tow
Mind blown !!!

The ride is absolutely amazing,
But the engine and 10 trans blew my mind. The trans shifts so flawlessly.
Altamont west bound (not huge mountain but lots of slow trucks climbing it in the right lanes) it used to pull my 2008 Duramax down to 55/60mph ish so you get an idea of the pull.

We set the cruse at 67mph, the truck climbed the entire hill at 67 mph (cruise control) "IN 10TH GREAR" the hole way up 10th gear !!!! Mind blown
We then turned around in Livermore and went back up the steeper side in afternoon commute traffic and it climbed the steep side in 8th (still a overdrive gear)
8th 9th & 10th are all overdrive gears

Can't wait for Rhonda to ride in it while towing.
8b25a85f76c969df906d13b78c9b6b34.jpg

Your rig looks good.

Last edited by a moderator: