Page 331 of 331 FirstFirst ... 231 281 321 327 328 329 330 331
Results 3,301 to 3,306 of 3306

Thread: Project LM 365

1. Print this Post   #3301

Re: Project LM 365

most repeaters don't work that well- they can only at best give a better connection to what is available which at most places is weak and is already being bounced thru several repeaters already - never go past 2 devices- signal is so delayed and degraded its not worth it- and most parks don't have infrastructure and banwidth to support everyone there-

for better cell signal - Wilson has new cell boosters as well as a extendable pole that works really well- for reliable service on the road you really need a dedicated cellular router- hot spots constantly connect/disconnect as part of their design-

jerrod - what cell carrier do you have?
    2017 bighorn 3760

2. Print this Post   #3302
    Senior Member Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by esscobra View Post
    most repeaters don't work that well- they can only at best give a better connection to what is available which at most places is weak and is already being bounced thru several repeaters already - never go past 2 devices- signal is so delayed and degraded its not worth it- and most parks don't have infrastructure and banwidth to support everyone there-

for better cell signal - Wilson has new cell boosters as well as a extendable pole that works really well- for reliable service on the road you really need a dedicated cellular router- hot spots constantly connect/disconnect as part of their design-

jerrod - what cell carrier do you have?
    Verizon.
    I have 2 Verizon Mifi devices that we use for work and pleasure. They work well but we seem to max them out often. They are unlimited but metered after 15G each

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    The Jess's
    Jerrod & Rhonda
    Zoey (Our Princess of the Palace)
    2015 Landmark 365 Ashland (Project LM 365)
    2008 GMC Sierra 3500 Duramax (retired)
    2017 Ford Super Duty F-350 Platinum

Link to my 2015 Landmark 365 Ashland Modifications

3. Print this Post   #3303

The biggest problem in most parks is too many devices on the 2.4GHz channels. That causes data collisions and retries that clog the access points and grind things to a halt. Many larger parks are migrating to newer equipment that supports both 5 GHz 802.11AC and 2.4 GHz B/G/N protocols.

If you can get a connection on 5.0 GHz 802.11AC, you will be using a wide channel that is way less susceptible to interference and to data collisions.

Also, many parks use Tengo Internet and hand out 1 or 2 coupons to limit usage. If you use a router that has WISP mode, you can connect the router with one coupon and all of your devices can connect through the router, using that single coupon. As a bonus, since all of your devices know how to log into the router, each time you move, you only have to make one connection - the router to the access point.

I use an Edimax BR6478AC-V2.

Dan and Ann Mayer & fur baby Callie the Rally Dog
    2011 Landmark Rushmore
    • MorRyde 8K Independent Suspension
    • 8K Kodiak Disc Brakes
    • RV Comfort Systems Cheap Heat
    • MorRyde 33x90 Sliding Cargo Tray
    • Torklift Glowstep Revolution Aluminum Steps & Dirt Destroyer

2014 RAM 3500 Laramie
    • Cummins 6.7 Diesel, AISIN Transmission
    • 4x4, Long box, Crew Cab, DRW 3.73
    • Hensley BD3 TrailerSaver Hitch
    • Garmin RV760 GPS

Is club membership right for you? Click here to learn more

Check out our Owner-written User Guides and Troubleshooting Guides

4. Print this Post   #3304
    Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders TravelTiger's Avatar

I guess at our home RV Park off I-20, I am lucky to be fairly close to a AT&T tower. We use a Peplink Pepwave Surf SOHO 3G/4G Router, connected to an AT&T Netgear Unite Pro hotspot. Most of the time it does great, we have an unlimited plan that supposedly will throttle after 22GB but we haven’t really seen that. This system works well as we travel, I can set the SOHO router to connect to a park WiFi as well, but most often my hotspot is faster than park supplied internet sources. We use this to stream movies, work, and surf the net. We use the local WiFi network the SOHO creates to network a variety of devices from computers to security cams, printer and echo dot, to our smoker and propane tank sensor. So far I haven’t needed to “boost” the signal, but I am sure as boosters or external antennas become more mainstream and built into new RVs, I will eventually see a need for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Erika Dorsey
    Founding
    Texas - West Chapter Leader
    Erika & Tony with two traveling cats, Mambo and Tango
    2016 Big Country 4010RD
    2010 ElkRidge 34QSRL (gone)
    2008 NorthTrail 21FBS (gone)
    2016 GMC Sierra SLT 3500 crew cab, long bed, DRW, 4X4
    B&W Companion 20K hitch, Reese 5th Airborne Pin Box, 507 TST, Torklift Glowstep Revolution Steps,
    MorRyde SRE4000, Winegard Trav'ler, Furrion High-Speed Observation Camera, SmartPlug 50amp Connector
    Visit our blog at http://mammothtravels.blogspot.com/
    HOC #1733

5. Print this Post   #3305

5ghz band problem is it does not go as far, does not pass well through things like walls rvs and drops off much faster with distance
    2017 bighorn 3760

6. Print this Post   #3306

Quote Originally Posted by esscobra View Post
    5ghz band problem is it does not go as far, does not pass well through things like walls rvs and drops off much faster with distance
    That's true. The planning distance for most access points is a 200' radius to deliver usable signal strength. At 175' from the access point, you'll see a 7 - 10 dBM difference in signal strength between 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz signals. So where 5.0 GHz can work at 175' from the Access Point, 2.4 GHz can work at 200'.

Except that 2.4 GHz barely works at any distance because of other technology issues.

The point is, IF you can get a usable 5.0 GHz signal, unless the park is empty, it'll work way, way better than a 2.4 GHz signal. But if you can't get anything other than 2.4 GHz, it's a moot point.

Dan and Ann Mayer & fur baby Callie the Rally Dog
    2011 Landmark Rushmore
    • MorRyde 8K Independent Suspension
    • 8K Kodiak Disc Brakes
    • RV Comfort Systems Cheap Heat
    • MorRyde 33x90 Sliding Cargo Tray
    • Torklift Glowstep Revolution Aluminum Steps & Dirt Destroyer

2014 RAM 3500 Laramie
    • Cummins 6.7 Diesel, AISIN Transmission
    • 4x4, Long box, Crew Cab, DRW 3.73
    • Hensley BD3 TrailerSaver Hitch
    • Garmin RV760 GPS