Project LM 365

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Jerrod I have a set of front shocks ready to install. I hope to get them done this weekend or next week. I've got new pads for the front too.
I did this through my wonderful Les Schwab shop. He got the shocks in for me and did the install up on the rack. So much easier that way...
Having the 2 shocks on the bench comparing the difference in resistance and return pressure was incredible. The back pressure in the new Biltsen was incredible, could hardly push en in by hand. Then when he let go they pushed back out to quick to get them into the holes. The Rancho was easy to push in and didn't return for a while later.

I think I did feel a different on my 2 mile trip back to the house..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Bones

I did this through my wonderful Les Schwab shop. He got the shocks in for me and did the install up on the rack. So much easier that way...
Having the 2 shocks on the bench comparing the difference in resistance and return pressure was incredible. The back pressure in the new Biltsen was incredible, could hardly push en in by hand. Then when he let go they pushed back out to quick to get them into the holes. The Rancho was easy to push in and didn't return for a while later.

I think I did feel a different on my 2 mile trip back to the house..

That is some good info. Tells me I should expect a much better ride up front. I do most all of my work other wise I wouldn’t have anything left to play.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

That is some good info. Tells me I should expect a much better ride up front. I do most all of my work other wise I wouldn’t have anything left to play.
It's just way to easy to let them do the work then they back it up if theres any issues.
They take VERY VERY good care of me. :)

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Jerrod,

Let us know the ride difference with the new shocks, both loaded and unloaded.

Rod
Will do. It seemed to ride better on the way home.
I'm taking it in the service the tranny before the big trip.
57000 miles on it is a bit soon but I think it will be good for it.

fastcarsspeed

Will do. It seemed to ride better on the way home.
I'm taking it in the service the tranny before the big trip.
57000 miles on it is a bit soon but I think it will be good for it.

Yeah I want to get rid of the Rancho's on my new to me 17. Don't think I can do the yellow bodies though so may have to opt for the Fox Shocks. They seem to be just a little more expensive.

kbausano

Yeah I want to get rid of the Rancho's on my new to me 17. Don't think I can do the yellow bodies though so may have to opt for the Fox Shocks. They seem to be just a little more expensive.

There’s always spray paint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

billk263

California-South Chapter Leaders
There is a 5100 model that is silver. It’s more for off road and I don’t know what it will do for the ride but they work great on our Jeep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tgrshk19

Decided to try a set of Bilstein shocks on the F350.
57000 miles. Curious if I'll fell a difference.
To bad they are puke yellow and blue.
5b9a773e76d22f4cc6e3d566e67cd6fa.jpg
6cee1dcc2eeb965035dd295e982e47c6.jpg

Should have got the 5100 series they are silver with black boots and an even better ride

WillyBill

For aftermarket HD Shocks I go with Rancho RS 9000. The adjustability really helps match dampening to the specific requirements and you can even change it in seconds when you put your trailer on or off. It's been taking about 10 years to wear out a set. Great warranty. Do not fade. IMHO they are a whole step up from Bilstein on how heavy they are made and the velocity sensitive valving really works well.

My DMax only has 40k miles on it. It may be getting ready for new shocks? How many miles are you folks seeing before the OEM shocks wear out to where they should be replaced?

WB

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Just a up date on my new GoPower solar controller i installed a few weeks ago.
The old controller wouldn't charge the Lithium ion batteries. It just thought they were full and didn't need anything. I called Gopower a while back and they sent me a new version controller for my system.
We traveled all day yesterday and arrived here in with both batteries at 99% :)
We were in rain and clouds on over half the trip.

Very very happy with my entire system.

I still haven't did the truck charging upgrade yet and now i may not need to.

aaf6ee0e2ce702b605d8989d18e84b81.jpg

Bones

Just a up date on my new GoPower solar controller i installed a few weeks ago.
The old controller wouldn't charge the Lithium ion batteries. It just thought they were full and didn't need anything. I called Gopower a while back and they sent me a new version controller for my system.
We traveled all day yesterday and arrived here in with both batteries at 99% :)
We were in rain and clouds on over half the trip.

Very very happy with my entire system.

I still haven't did the truck charging upgrade yet and now i may not need to.

aaf6ee0e2ce702b605d8989d18e84b81.jpg

Thats good news. I do want to add small charging to ours eventually.