Project LM 365

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Changing my user name..

At the Goshen rally we met some wonderful people and had some really good times. In those conversations with Jim and Cookie l mentioned that l needed to get my own username. I have been using Rhonds all these years, as she is the one that signed us up on the forum back in 2015. I wasn't interested in it at all at the time. Well here we are in 2019 a little deeper into it.
I think I had Cookie change it 2 or 3 times trying to get the right fit.
I have now settled on "Jesstruckn" It is my own identity and close enough to hers so that most of you won't even notice the change.
Thanks

Jerrod

GREAT people by any other name, are STILL Great people !!! Enjoy your new 'handle' !!
Thanks Bill it was great to get to know you over those weeks.
Till we meet again !!!
Safe travels see you in a few years.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Our tip to Indiana and back was absolutely amazing !!!!! Our best trip ever hands down. 2 months on the road was incredible.
With that said I wanted to share some of our projects.
I have done a ton of them over the last few months. Before, during and after the national rally. While in Elkhart we had the factory do a few things also.

#1) We tossed the junk Carefree toppers and had them install the Dometic toppers. MUCH BETTER
however 1 of them on the livingroom slide was about 3.5 inches to long. (Todays project cut down topper)

#2) We had them replace all 4 of our main slide wiper seals and all of the D-seals. My dealer put the wrong ones on (3") back when it was under warranty. Now we have the correct 2" ones again.

#3) Of course we did the MORryde IS suspension. LOVE IT !!!

#4) Did the new TPMS system. Love it.

#5) Did the new Furrion 7" screen and 3 cameras. Rear and 2 side cameras.
Love the new screen and rear camera. Sides are just ok, not sure I'd do them again. Maybe I need to figure out how use them correctly.

#6) We bought a RV Pet monitor in the silent auction, had set that up.

#7) We started collecting magnets on our amazing journey out and back, Rhonda found a magnet panel to put on the wall. Then as it filled up so quickly, she went on line and found more. I will post some of these thing separately with pictures.

#8) I bought a toilet water treatment system in the vender haul and installed it a few days ago. Not sure I needed it but we'll give it a try.

#9) Bought a inline double water filter system. Also from the vender haul.

#10) Another Vender haul item was the Decals we put on the slide window.

I'm sure there is more I'm forgetting but I will post these for now.

To be continued

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Here is the RV pet monitor we got.
I just copied and pasted from a post i just did answering another tread.

https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php?p=623975
686ed6b1159fd3b50598d9e963462c69.jpg
22699e8f643d4f90ac7e5c3528dc5ca4.jpg

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

When the factory did the living room topper one was to long and one was to short. Mostly because of the placement of the main awning, it needed to be pushed back several inches. I chose the long one and planed on cutting it down when i found time. That time came yesterday.
After figuring out how I was going to accomplish this by myself, I went for it.
I was able to cut the topper material with a razor knife. I cut off 3" there the drilled out the 3 rivets and pulled out the spring pack. Then cut the roll tube about 3.5". Came out perfect.

7fd351ab03f3b5a83bdbd6a6d9c80b0b.jpg

347dc38e79921ca22a7b9f00b84d768a.jpg

e2ecbfe58af4fb4259b33f3e751b4c24.jpg

503f5f6639e521ac5129ed99a01ff3d7.jpg

Last edited:

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Here is our magnet wall. This started at the beginning of our trip east. It kinda morfed from there.

We are missing a few license plates for some of the states we were in.

She did a pretty good job on it :)
7d9f8bcffee115e881213ecd73702561.jpg

Oregon_Camper

#5) Did the new Furrion 7" screen and 3 cameras. Rear and 2 side cameras.
Love the new screen and rear camera. Sides are just ok, not sure I'd do them again. Maybe I need to figure out how use them correctly.

I just installed this system as well...along with the 7" display. Question...where did you end up putting the display? I can't mount it to the windshield like I did with the prior Furrion "Observation" model. Mine now rides down in the cup holder area, using the tabletop holder.

Need Ford to hurry up and release their 2020 F-450's so I can place my order. :)

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I just installed this system as well...along with the 7" display. Question...where did you end up putting the display? I can't mount it to the windshield like I did with the prior Furrion "Observation" model. Mine now rides down in the cup holder area, using the tabletop holder.

Need Ford to hurry up and release their 2020 F-450's so I can place my order. :)
On the dash in the middle, I put a spacer pad in there to lift it up a bit. I,ll post a picture tomorrow.

I'm told we can order the new 2020 Ford on August 14th. I already have a appointment set up. :) then we play the waiting game again.
I DON'T LIKE WAITING !!!!!!

Bones

Do you have to pay a service fee for the pet monitor? We may need to get this.

- - - Updated - - -

Never mind. I found it and it does look like I need to Purchase a plan. I'm a bit disappointed now.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Ya that part stinks but I'm happy with how well its working. Alsoilike that i get a text when the power goes outand it switches over to battery power.
Then i know well before it starts heating up in there that we have a problem.

Bones

The thing that worries me is that your dependent on their service and you still have to pay for it. I would probably like to purchase my own service that way I can use it for other things instead of paying only for a dog monitor Like a monitor that would connect Via WIFI through a hot spot for example

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Yes theres gotta be a better system. This was a rally auction item for a good charity that's how we ended up with it.
I will just pay during the Hot months and turn it off the rest of the time.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Update 10/4/19: This thing was junk !!! Some of this my have been me not understanding how to operate it from the laptop. I called customer service a few times and they basically brushed me off and said it was a windows problem with my laptop and I needed to take it up with Windows. Emails back and forth until I got fed up. I never was able to use it in the two months I had it. So I finally got them to take it back and refund my money. Of course I had to patch the holes in my roof. Lesson learned :( Do your research before you buy it not after !!!

WIFI RANGER install

We do a lot of work in the RV and have been struggling in some areas to get a good signal. We use 2 unlimited Verizon mifi's to supply enough gigs. And still run out each month. Verizon meters it after 15 gigs.

With this Wifi Ranger we can pull in from several sources at one time. And I think it will be secure.

You can pick what sources you want to use and how much of each one.
I haven't opened it up on the laptop yet but i will today and see if this dummy can figure it out.
There support seems to be really good so far.

Wish me luck...

5153a0c33acea14dd0d0acefebc04318.jpg

c6415a548a36a16de77ad8279f044247.jpg

13c47eccfeabf067e3573ccbf6fae7cb.jpg

0515dcc593b0b457e4e5cc307c49bad3.jpg

2f5b006f4f6ac83d0831fa8a834c079c.jpg

022733ef698bb3e137ddabaf8e03c527.jpg

b75a3bfb9654a5f107a6b4197a9722cc.jpg

Last edited:

Bones

I would assume you could have the wifi ranger then disable the wifi and have your own router go through a VPN service.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

As of right now I have logged in and opened it up, registraterd, and connected to my home and 1 of my Mifi's.
This thing has pulled up over 40 wifi signals in my area. WOW
My phone pulled up 11.
So far so good. I'm setting it up and waiting for them to call me back to make sure I have everything correct.

c72ba4a99f7a47f75be0e875684e2094.jpg

jbeletti

Nice install Jerrod! I see you used a DC to DC Power Supply. What voltage did the indoor component require? My last one was 12 VDC.

Wishing you the best with their gear. I know they've done a number of upgrades to it since I used it last, but I found it cumbersome to operate and didn't always work. But when it did work, it was really nice.

I too am in search of a more robust Internet solution for the Sundance. I've used so many things over the year. Still thinking...

esscobra

data palns with enough gb's are issue - sprint just stopped unlimited but has 100gb/month for 65- att has device that has 50 and 100gb options- if you have mifi type device with grandfathered unlimited plan then you can put sim into cradlepoint - or cradlepoints hav 2 sim slots and you can alternate or switch when data runs out
have over 100 in field lmk if you want to discuss

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I did a quick repair job on the wire support under mt livingroom slide. I cut 3-1/4" off of a plastic mudflap and riveted it to the broken strap. This should do the trick.

003c1d1d79313bedf275904670e2a82f.jpg

0e78bf52e622a2d44d988028e3046a2d.jpg

604f9aa0a478566c37bcb8da149f2aa7.jpg

d0ac5510d4016b0dd766f17fe4755c18.jpg

87e1676af5e2014f9cfd7d7b02268f65.jpg

4a46b5d8aaa52787516d5edb2b81d394.jpg

Last edited: