Project LM 365

jbeletti

A lot of us are having issus with the hydraulic system 50amp breaker tripping several times while trying to put the slides in and out or run the Level-up. Some times a new 50 amp with solve it for a while. A new good quality 80amp auto reset breaker will solve it forever.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I've swapped my own 50 out with another 50. I've never changed mine out to an 80 (yet). But when we did the 80 for my friend, we also upgraded the wire to 4 gauge (wire from breaker to hydraulics). We bought a 36" black wire with terminals installed at an auto parts store. We wrapped red tape around the black wire at the terminal ends and at intervals along it's length.

On edit: I have another 80 amp auto-reset breaker in my kit. I just ordered this wire from Amazon to use with the breaker, should I or a pal at a rally end up needed it.
Google ChromeScreenSnapz466.jpg

LBR

My hydraulic pump use to cycle several times when pulling up the legs. I purchased a new 50A CB to try first before going the 80A route.

To my surprise, the CB I pulled out was only a 30A from the factory...problem solved with the correct 50A....worth a few minutes to check if one got a 30A from the factory, instead of the necessary 50A.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Well i found this backing into our RV spot at home. I noticed things moved a little more than normal backing up our curb. After further inspection I found the broken leaf spring.
We Just returned from nice long trip to Oregon.

I jumped on it yesterday and had it out in about 15 minutes, It's sure nice having all of my tools at home. Last time I did this was in a RV park in Lancaster CA.
waiting for the new one tomorrow.

19f52b6cad71a2c56a00b6ef1e0ce09d.jpg
fa93e2ac6f127053314dababf9e71597.jpg
af0494a72b86d66a92d1cbe42980aec1.jpg

carl.swoyer

Well i found this backing into our RV spot at home. I noticed things moved a little more than normal backing up our curb. After further inspection I found the broken leaf spring.
We Just returned from nice long trip to Oregon.

I jumped on it yesterday and had it out in about 15 minutes, It's sure nice having all of my tools at home. Last time I did this was in a RV park in Lancaster CA.
waiting for the new one tomorrow.

19f52b6cad71a2c56a00b6ef1e0ce09d.jpg
fa93e2ac6f127053314dababf9e71597.jpg
af0494a72b86d66a92d1cbe42980aec1.jpg

Jess,
I used to back over a curb to park my rig at my previous home. I ended up with a broken leaf spring and a bent,cracked and twisted frame. I'm thinking the chassis doesn't like the curb thingy. When I broke the spring progressive insurance totaled my RV.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Jerrod,

Is it the highway that keeps breaking your springs? They really shouldn't be breaking.
Sorry Dave
I didnt explain that the last time l did the spring swap at the RV park was on my buddys Landmark Key Largo.
He had both front springs snapped. We replaced all 4 from a 6-stack 3500lbs to 7-stack 4000lbs springs.
This is the first one on our LM 365.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Jess,
I used to back over a curb to park my rig at my previous home. I ended up with a broken leaf spring and a bent,cracked and twisted frame. I'm thinking the chassis doesn't like the curb thingy. When I broke the spring progressive insurance totaled my RV.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
My curb is a ramped curb so no big deal. I just called it a curb. :)

Bones

Oh I see. Ok next is 4 link with coil over shocks suspension. Screw the leaf springs............

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Oh I see. Ok next is 4 link with coil over shocks suspension. Screw the leaf springs............
Yes.... I've looked at a two different Airride set ups but just haven't pulled the plug on it yet. I think I'd do the Kelderman set up on my truck before I'd do the RV.

Besides the Entegra diesel pusher in the back of my mind also.

Bones

Yes.... I've looked at a two different Airride set ups but just haven't pulled the plug on it yet. I think I'd do the Kelderman set up on my truck before I'd do the RV.

I agree. If your serious about the pusher, I would do the same thing. Just fix what broke and don't do much more in upgrades. Kelderman makes a really nice set up and I really like the RV version.

Last edited:

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Well l have everything but 1 bushing, so l guess I'm still on the hunt.
The new bushing he gave me is a bit to big and heavy duty to fit into the Dexter equalizer hole.
I beat the old one up pretty good getting it out of the equalizer, otherwise i could just roll it 180° and reinstall it.
713815bfed511b22be765a8594ca03a7.jpg
133613ba999ce76f40da5cf5a0b38822.jpg
ec7ff958229a3cfec037abff76f4f96b.jpg

kbausano

It’s pretty tempting, for sure. Especially with the number of suspension problems we’ve heard about over the past couple of years. In my opinion, total suspension failure should be extremely rare, if not non-existent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

I have enjoyed the peace of mind of having no axles or leaf springs on the last 2 coaches with the MORryde IS. It's not bulletproof either but I've had no issue with it.

Just today, I carefully and very slowly, walked the DS tires up a curb and back down. I gotta believe that wouldn't be great for leaf springs.

jbeletti

...Besides the Entegra diesel pusher in the back of my mind also.
I have a few friends with Tiffin coaches that love them. They're not perfect and they've all been back to Redy Bay a few times. Still really nice units. I think Entegra is a Jayco coach. I don't know anything about them. Could be nice. I know it's a Thor company now.

porthole

Retired
I have a few friends with Tiffin coaches that love them. They're not perfect and they've all been back to Redy Bay a few times. Still really nice units. I think Entegra is a Jayco coach. I don't know anything about them. Could be nice. I know it's a Thor company now.

Did you know Tiffin has a private campground for customers in Red Bay ?
90 spots and almost always near capacity people waiting to get work done.