Project LM 365

esscobra

most repeaters don't work that well- they can only at best give a better connection to what is available which at most places is weak and is already being bounced thru several repeaters already - never go past 2 devices- signal is so delayed and degraded its not worth it- and most parks don't have infrastructure and banwidth to support everyone there-

for better cell signal - Wilson has new cell boosters as well as a extendable pole that works really well- for reliable service on the road you really need a dedicated cellular router- hot spots constantly connect/disconnect as part of their design-

jerrod - what cell carrier do you have?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

most repeaters don't work that well- they can only at best give a better connection to what is available which at most places is weak and is already being bounced thru several repeaters already - never go past 2 devices- signal is so delayed and degraded its not worth it- and most parks don't have infrastructure and banwidth to support everyone there-

for better cell signal - Wilson has new cell boosters as well as a extendable pole that works really well- for reliable service on the road you really need a dedicated cellular router- hot spots constantly connect/disconnect as part of their design-

jerrod - what cell carrier do you have?
Verizon.
I have 2 Verizon Mifi devices that we use for work and pleasure. They work well but we seem to max them out often. They are unlimited but metered after 15G each

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

danemayer

The biggest problem in most parks is too many devices on the 2.4GHz channels. That causes data collisions and retries that clog the access points and grind things to a halt. Many larger parks are migrating to newer equipment that supports both 5 GHz 802.11AC and 2.4 GHz B/G/N protocols.

If you can get a connection on 5.0 GHz 802.11AC, you will be using a wide channel that is way less susceptible to interference and to data collisions.

Also, many parks use Tengo Internet and hand out 1 or 2 coupons to limit usage. If you use a router that has WISP mode, you can connect the router with one coupon and all of your devices can connect through the router, using that single coupon. As a bonus, since all of your devices know how to log into the router, each time you move, you only have to make one connection - the router to the access point.

I use an Edimax BR6478AC-V2.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I guess at our home RV Park off I-20, I am lucky to be fairly close to a AT&T tower. We use a Peplink Pepwave Surf SOHO 3G/4G Router, connected to an AT&T Netgear Unite Pro hotspot. Most of the time it does great, we have an unlimited plan that supposedly will throttle after 22GB but we haven’t really seen that. This system works well as we travel, I can set the SOHO router to connect to a park WiFi as well, but most often my hotspot is faster than park supplied internet sources. We use this to stream movies, work, and surf the net. We use the local WiFi network the SOHO creates to network a variety of devices from computers to security cams, printer and echo dot, to our smoker and propane tank sensor. So far I haven’t needed to “boost” the signal, but I am sure as boosters or external antennas become more mainstream and built into new RVs, I will eventually see a need for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

esscobra

5ghz band problem is it does not go as far, does not pass well through things like walls rvs and drops off much faster with distance

danemayer

5ghz band problem is it does not go as far, does not pass well through things like walls rvs and drops off much faster with distance

That's true. The planning distance for most access points is a 200' radius to deliver usable signal strength. At 175' from the access point, you'll see a 7 - 10 dBM difference in signal strength between 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz signals. So where 5.0 GHz can work at 175' from the Access Point, 2.4 GHz can work at 200'.

Except that 2.4 GHz barely works at any distance because of other technology issues.

The point is, IF you can get a usable 5.0 GHz signal, unless the park is empty, it'll work way, way better than a 2.4 GHz signal. But if you can't get anything other than 2.4 GHz, it's a moot point.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

This is the week !!!!
Scheduled build date is 11/8/19 now.

maxresdefault.jpg

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Toooo funny Jim. :)
Your right we only live once and who knows when our days are over. Enjoy life while we can !!!

I say this will be my last truck but who am I kidding ?

You think they just cant get any better, then every few years they step it up. Keeps us wanting more.

The next thing I am waiting for is the key fob on my phone.
I have 3 Vehicles with exact same key fob. I want them all to work off my phone. So no matter what car I am neer everything will work like if I have the key fob in my pocket.

Hello FORD take a note !!

Last edited:

jbeletti

The next thing I am waiting for is the key fob on my phone.
I have 3 Vehicles with exact same key fob. I want them all to work off my phone. So no matter what car I am neer everything will work like if I have the key fob in my pocket.

Jerrod - do you have FordPass on your current truck, your Expedition and your F150? If not, you will like it. Essentially the FOB on your phone:
IMG_9039.jpg

And there's this:
IMG_9038.jpg

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Jerrod - do you have FordPass on your current truck, your Expedition and your F150? If not, you will like it. Essentially the FOB on your phone:
View attachment 63231

And there's this:
View attachment 63230
Ya but you still have to have the key fob when you get in and push the start button. I don't want to carry 3 key fobs.
If my phone is in my pocket I want to be able to get into any of the vehicles start it and drive away. Key fob or not ! No more fob necessary.
They are almost there

f493937919af71dff2aa8c40fe066cee.jpg
d0a0b0266171d8c681985b5fac6f4dc3.jpg
f6cc50a7a5c1d641a5111e9ef244727f.jpg

Bones

Ya but you still have to have the key fob when you get in and push the start button. I don't want to carry 3 key fobs.
If my phone is in my pocket I want to be able to get into any of the vehicles start it and drive away. Key fob or not ! No more fob necessary.
They are almost there

f493937919af71dff2aa8c40fe066cee.jpg
d0a0b0266171d8c681985b5fac6f4dc3.jpg
f6cc50a7a5c1d641a5111e9ef244727f.jpg

I got bonus points when I purchased my truck Do you know how I use that towards an oil change?

Oregon_Camper

If we are in wishful thinking land...I'd rather just have 1 key fob control all 3 trucks.

People lose phones...People drop/break phones. Never once has my key fob broken when I drop it.