Project LM 365

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

I have a small truck stop here at home I use for 90% of my def and its always been a issue. You can just barely pull the handle back and pump at a snail's pace and get it done but it's a PITA. Hopefully this Five Star unit will work for me. I haven't tried it yet.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

CarterKraft

Did a quick simple addition to the F450.

I have been buying my DEF at the Truck stop pumps as much as possible. It is cheaper and usually easier. However to get the pump to pump correctly you need the magnetic adapter on the nozzle. They usually take your Divers license in exchange for the adapter, then you have to go inside and get it and then go back inside to return it. That can be a problem at a busy truck stop.

So Amazon to the rescue.

I found this one from "Five Star DEF".

After thinking about were to store it. The instructions say to keep it away from magnetic strips on Credit cards and magnetic devices. Keep it in the plastic bag to avoid the mess.

My solution is to mount it inside of the fuel door right where I need it. It fits on this wooden dowel perfectly.

Holy crap I had no idea. Thanks for posting this up it might keep me from feeling really stupid at some point.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Wanted to share this with my Ford friends.
Rod D. had told me about this "Dr Performance" kit for my 6.7 power stroke on my 2020 F450.

I watched a few videos and I see that they back up their clames of 3 mpg gain or better.
The 4 settings are
1) stock
2) 30 Hp gain
3) 60 Hp gain
4) 90 Hp gain and around 120 to 130 fps of torque
This programmer is for us working trucks and every day driving, NOT for black smoke, noisy, loud annoying trucks. It changes how the fuel system works and how the computer works the truck. Gives you a lot more working horsepower at lower rpm.
There are a few videos that explain it better then I can.

I bought the adjustable unit and put it on yesterday.
After doing a 100 mile test drive I found that I gained approximately 5 mpg on the trip. Not towing of course.

I have been running around 14.5 not towing.

With the programmer set on high I was actually up to 23 mpg at one point. "23" !!!!! On a F450 !!!

After the 100 mile loop back to my house 90% was freeway I ended up at 19.5 mpg

So went from 14.4 to 19.5 WOW

I went down on setting #4 and came back on setting #3 didn't see any difference in the milage mpg from one to the other.
Both were amazing.

The throttle response is definitely better. Towards the end of my trip I want to see how it took off. I jumped on it and the Traction control warning popped up on the dash and the truck deaccelerated due to the traction control feature.

I then noticed my check engine light was on opps
I was able to check to code with my OBD link and see that it was excessive rail pressure warning.
Guess that was from jumming on it. I will talk to them on Monday, well I guess it will be Tuesday.

Hopefully it was just a freak thing.

19125a01faf5d0a75ce53a6ecf54077f.jpg
00e9a6a3443effffc139a2ea45c6f848.jpg
64c10403acdd852f5a5a7bec0fb4e10e.jpg
543a422a8f8b47dfd896dae2eda88651.jpg
b756bfe2d945b895478ff7d6c1989df5.jpg

Flick

Wanted to share this with my Ford friends.
Rod D. had told me about this "Dr Performance" kit for my 6.7 power stroke on my 2020 F450.

I watched a few videos and I see that they back up their clames of 3 mpg gain or better.
The 4 settings are
1) stock
2) 30 Hp gain
3) 60 Hp gain
4) 90 Hp gain and around 120 to 130 fps of torque
This programmer is for us working trucks and every day driving, NOT for black smoke, noisy, loud annoying trucks. It changes how the fuel system works and how the computer works the truck. Gives you a lot more working horsepower at lower rpm.
There are a few videos that explain it better then I can.

I bought the adjustable unit and put it on yesterday.
After doing a 100 mile test drive I found that I gained approximately 5 mpg on the trip. Not towing of course.

I have been running around 14.5 not towing.

With the programmer set on high I was actually up to 23 mpg at one point. "23" !!!!! On a F450 !!!

After the 100 mile loop back to my house 90% was freeway I ended up at 19.5 mpg

So went from 14.4 to 19.5 WOW

I went down on setting #4 and came back on setting #3 didn't see any difference in the milage mpg from one to the other.
Both were amazing.

The throttle response is definitely better. Towards the end of my trip I want to see how it took off. I jumped on it and the Traction control warning popped up on the dash and the truck deaccelerated due to the traction control feature.

I was able to check to code with my OBD link and see that it was excessive rail pressure warning.
Guess that was from jumming on it. I will talk to them on Monday, well I guess it will be Tuesday.

Hopefully it was just a freak thing.

I have always been a fan of performance products starting way back when we installed chips and then moved on to the programmable units. The last one I had, when I would take the truck in for engine warranty work, I would back the program out and return to stock. I don’t have a performance package on my current truck, but it is tempting because of the 8 mpg I am currently getting while towing. Wonder what mpg increase while towing would you get? I read in some of their literature that it doesn’t void the warranty. Wonder what Ford would say?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Wonder what mpg increase while towing would you get? I read in some of their literature that it doesn’t void the warranty. Wonder what Ford would say?[/QUOTE]

I will go tow the rig some day soon. As for Ford they clame its undetectable and say you should remove it before you go in for and service. My dealer is incredible and I don't think they would give me any problems one way or another but not sure I'm willing to chance it.
It is just 1 hard to reach plug at the fuel pressure sensor under the hood to remove it. But now that I've done it its probably a 5 minute job.

I will report back on the towing mileage

I used this module on my 2018 Chevy
I did get better fuel mileage with it. Especially when I was towing, very pleased to get the gain in MPG.
I took it off when I brought it to the dealership for service.
I've now got a 2020 GMC, which I'll probably put it on in the very near future.

porthole

Retired
"Dr Performance" kit for my 6.7 power stroke on my 2020 F450.

Did the company respond yet?

I sent an inquiry to them about leaving a fingerprint on the ECU/PCM.
Along with a question as to if the excessive rail pressure error leaves a permanent code in the module.

Some errors that can be erased with through the ODB are only erased from current memory and not erased from the history.

Either way, that quite an impressive mileage gain.
When my 350 DRW was new I use to get 19-19.5 at a steady 55-57 mph and an average of about 16.
Then Ford service did a trans flash that was known to cause a mileage drop and i'm lucky to see 15 now on the highway unloaded.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Did the company respond yet?

I sent an inquiry to them about leaving a fingerprint on the ECU/PCM.
Along with a question as to if the excessive rail pressure error leaves a permanent code in the module.

Some errors that can be erased with through the ODB are only erased from current memory and not erased from the history.

Either way, that quite an impressive mileage gain.
When my 350 DRW was new I use to get 19-19.5 at a steady 55-57 mph and an average of about 16.
Then Ford service did a trans flash that was known to cause a mileage drop and i'm lucky to see 15 now on the highway unloaded.

Yes I talked to them yesterday, he said that it is probably still learning the truck. It takes a while for that to happen. If it happens again to let him know. They can change the program or something like that. I haven't driven it sense. I need to hook it up and go for a ride. The smoke out here is horrible right now so it can sit there.

The windmill picture is 11:00 am on the Altamont and the other picture is the bay area at 12 noon

0385a1f873b81816ae4ddc16216021bc.jpg

100435e153293915e155fdbb24ba14cf.jpg

Sowie

Just an FYI for anyone looking to purchase the Dr Performance module. Apparently they are also the same unit marketed as Stealth Performance and also another name that I can’t remember. Shop around as the Stealth was $50 cheaper than the Dr Performance for the L5P Chevy. Also there is a YouTube video by Gail Banks comparing all of them. The Stealth ones didn’t do so good but I read in the comments that they determined it was faulty. I looked for a rebuttal video from Stealth but couldn’t find it. If anyone can find it let me know as I had already ordered the Dr Performance before finding this out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Update on Dr Performance :(

The mileage ganes were incredible. However It keeps hitting the "High fuel pressure" limits and triggering the check engine light. Then it d-rates to about 50% until I stop and clear the code with my OBD program on my phone.

I call them and he says he's never had a issue. They sent me out a new one and same thing !!!!

I took it back out and waiting to talk to them on Monday.

I was seeing 19.5 mpg not towing.

I would rather have Dependability over fuel mileage!!

Matt750

I tried something like this a few years ago with my ‘14 Ram truck. I think it’s pretty much the same thing you have, just a different name brand. Plugged inline with the injector harnesses. I had numerous problems with it. At first, I thought it was just the truck. At the time, my truck was still under warranty and I became friends with the service manager at the dealership. I didn’t know it at first, but the service manager also ran a diesel performance shop before he became the manager. He told me he used to sell those performance modules, but quit selling them because of all the problems it kept creating for his customers. I thought he was just BS’ing me at first & just wanting to blame the module (I should note that they still replaced parts, even though he knew the module was installed). Once I removed it, no more problems! Eventually I removed some other items as well & now it runs better than it ever has. Better mileage, more power, and no black smoke, just tuned properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sowie

The mileage ganes were incredible. However It keeps hitting the "High fuel pressure" limits and triggering the check engine light. Then it d-rates to about 50% until I stop and clear the code with my OBD program on my phone.

I call them and he says he's never had a issue. They sent me out a new one and same thing !!!!

I took it back out and waiting to talk to them on Monday.

I was seeing 19.5 mpg not towing.

I would rather have Dependability over fuel mileage!!

Same exact thing happened on my Chevy. I sent it back and should have a new one in a couple days. Not feeling real confident this was a very good investment. I’ll give it another try and see how it goes.

Flick

Same exact thing happened on my Chevy. I sent it back and should have a new one in a couple days. Not feeling real confident this was a very good investment. I’ll give it another try and see how it goes.

Man I appreciate everyone’s input on actual use. I have been contemplating performance gadgets from day one only to improve economy. I can’t imagine a truck with better pulling power than trucks like those with the diesel and 4:10 rear axle ratio.
Fuel usage is pretty extreme but I knew this would be the case from the get go. I just like tinkering and going there with performance stuff. But I would be upset with problems. And it is not like the extra economy would save the farm. On a 3000 mile trip, it may save you a couple hundred dollars. If you can afford the $150,000 truck/coach rig, probably not a big deal.
I had a chip in my 2000 7.3 years ago. Never helped the 7 mpg but boy howdy, the power was a big difference. Please everyone, keep us posted and a big thank you.
But I will add that if diesel goes back to $4 a gallon, the economy factor will take the front seat over performance and I’ll probably let the potential truck problems fall where they may.

porthole

Retired

I had similar experiences on my 2006 GMC with Banks turbo brake. Multiple part change outs and in the end removed it and left all alone.

On my 2011 Ford I had the first BD Power turbo brake on the east coast. Turns out there was a good reason for the 1 year roll out delay. After multiple part change outs I removed it and went back to stock

The 2020 for the most part will be left alone.

Sowie

I also have the Pedal Commander installed that allows you to adjust the sensitivity of the throttle. It works great with no problems. You can adjust it on the fly through BT on your phone. No real power gain but eliminates the throttle lag. It takes about 2 min to install.

BusManRG

So Jared I was reading through your posts on your microwave saga. Are you still using the Frigidaire model or did you change again? Our High Point that was in the Big Horn has died and we will be looking for a replacement. Seems like you’ve tried quite a few and I’m wondering what the winner ended up being? Looks like you put the Frigidaire in about five years ago, so have you need replaced it? Or is it still working for you?