Project LM 365

"Hi-Viz" Bill

Protection !!!

MORryde did the IS in Elkhart and within our 2500 mile trip home it was already full of rock chips and was going to rust very soon. I pressure washed everything and put more paint on it. Then I started looking at how I could maybe stop the rocks from doing that.
This is what I came up with.

defef092bd37a509d3171dbcfa153c85.jpg

439e4eab8cd08e6470a692bba53807b3.jpg

1be157ae8a7a5a4b4f252a55a3e6ed6f.jpg

12cf11672570679b098cf3aa068a3431.jpg

2d87b649cdc3a28d7f93a57775de368f.jpg

a7b99cfdd3f77dc51d83692105c69c6e.jpg

6fd63d7399a2beca924beffe752b6fa4.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Oh Great !!! Now I have ANOTHER project to do, when I get my rig home, from the MORryde IS install, next week !!!;):p;)

Seriously though .. What a GREAT idea!! Excited to add this to my ever increasing list of "Jerrod Mods" to our Newport !!

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Oh Great !!! Now I have ANOTHER project to do, when I get my rig home, from the MORryde IS install, next week !!!;):p;)

Seriously though .. What a GREAT idea!! Excited to add this to my ever increasing list of "Jerrod Mods" to our Newport !!
Hey Bill I hear you were at MORryde, thats awesome you are going to love it.

At least this Rockgard Mod is a cheap one !!

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Ok I moved it down to the frame rail for summer time and I'll hook it in the water heater cover when it's wet and raining. So i dont have to crawn in the mud.
c288c21e0831d7cfc1c3e2370b467489.jpg
87a101768f96aab9f8fb563b19e1629b.jpg

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Project LM 365 trip /mileage update.
We keep a log of all of out trips sense day 1 with the Ashland. 5/1/2015 to 8/4/2019

Basically we have
141 destinations, point A to point B
656 days on the road or in the RV
40,051 miles on the Landmark
3108 miles on the new MORryde IS suspension. LOVE IT.

Can't wait to see how the new 2020 Ford F450 will ride with the Kelderman air ride suspension under it.

The 2017 F350 will be available if anyone is looking. It is an incredible truck with lots of extras on it. Definitely dialed in We have put close to 70,000 on it already.

She still looks amazing !!!
d2f671758a479efca739d71e4f696273.jpg

Last edited:

Bones

We keep a log of all of out trips sense day 1 with the Ashland. 5/1/2015 to 8/4/2019

Basically we have
141 destinations, point A to point B
656 days on the road or in the RV
40,051 miles on the Landmark
3108 miles on the new MORryde IS suspension. LOVE IT.

Can't wait to see how the new 2020 Ford F450 will ride with the Kelderman air ride suspension under it.

The 2017 F350 will be available if anyone is looking. It is an incredible truck with lots of extras on it. Definitely dialed in We have put close to 70,000 on it already.

She still looks amazing !!!
d2f671758a479efca739d71e4f696273.jpg

Definitely let us know how you like the Kelderman suspension. It's on my far far away to do list. Are you getting the leveling system as well with it?

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Hey Dave, I am doing front and rear factory hight suspension with their new air management system & shocks.

I drove a friends GMC 3500 DRW with the Kelderman rear suspension only a few days ago and was blown away by how smooth it was while towning his 22' enclosure bumper pull car trailer. WOW !!! He said it rides even better with his fithwheel. And even better with nothing on it at all. I am going out of my mind with excitement.
I can't even order the truck tell Aug 14th. It might be a 3 to 4 month wait to build it the ship to Keldermen. I might not see this thing before Christmas if im lucky.

So excited !!!

Bones

Hey Dave, I am doing front and rear factory hight suspension with their new air management system & shocks.

I drove a friends GMC 3500 DRW with the Kelderman rear suspension only a few days ago and was blown away by how smooth it was while towning his 22' enclosure bumper pull car trailer. WOW !!! He said it rides even better with his fithwheel. And even better with nothing on it at all. I am going out of my mind with excitement.
I can't even order the truck tell Aug 14th. It might be a 3 to 4 month wait to build it the ship to Keldermen. I might not see this thing before Christmas if im lucky.

So excited !!!

Wow that is awesome. I'm excited for you. I really like their set up. It appears to be top notch for air ride.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Wow that is awesome. I'm excited for you. I really like their set up. It appears to be top notch for air ride.
Yes this will definitely be my dream Truck. Although It will be tough to take a $95,000 truck and rip all of the factory suspension out to install the Kelderman air suspension. But I know with my past experiences like the MORryde IS suspension it will be well worth it in the end. I was a bit more concerned about spending that kind of money on the suspension, until I drove that truck the other day.... And it was only on the rear.
Now I am so excited and anxious. It's going to be a long wait that is going to drive me crazy. I WANT IT NOW !!!
I'm already buying accessories for it and I haven't even got to order it yet. 1 more week !!!!

There was 2 reasons l went with the F350 over the F450 in 2017, tire TPMS and the ride. The new 2020 F450 truck will have it all and then some.

I wonder how the air ride truck will work with the Trailair pinbox , Will they grove together or fight each other ? That is my next concern.

Bones

Yes this will definitely be my dream Truck. Although It will be tough to take a $95,000 truck and rip all of the factory suspension out to install the Kelderman air suspension. But I know with my past experiences like the MORryde IS suspension it will be well worth it in the end. I was a bit more concerned about spending that kind of money on the suspension, until I drove that truck the other day.... And it was only on the rear.
Now I am so excited and anxious. It's going to be a long wait that is going to drive me crazy. I WANT IT NOW !!!
I'm already buying accessories for it and I haven't even got to order it yet. 1 more week !!!!

There was 2 reasons l went with the F350 over the F450 in 2017, tire TPMS and the ride. The new 2020 F450 truck will have it all and then some.

I wonder how the air ride truck will work with the Trailair pinbox , Will they grove together or fight each other ? That is my next concern.

My previous truck had air leveling and I had the morryde pin box. The systems will work interdependently of one another. I just purchased an F450 for my rig and love it so far. I no longer have the air level which I miss but maybe in the future I can get the Kelderman suspension. Just keep in mind that all they are taking off your tuck are the Springs and shackle components. I Am not as concerned about the TPMS from the factory. I had my TPMS system go bad in the last truck from the factory and they couldn't ever figure out what was wrong by the time I was able to get the truck into the dealer it had fixed itself only to go out on the next trip.

porthole

Retired
Nice install Jerrod! I see you used a DC to DC Power Supply. What voltage did the indoor component require? My last one was 12 VDC.

Wishing you the best with their gear. I know they've done a number of upgrades to it since I used it last, but I found it cumbersome to operate and didn't always work. But when it did work, it was really nice.

I too am in search of a more robust Internet solution for the Sundance. I've used so many things over the year. Still thinking...

The indoor only needs the 12 volt supply. But if you use both it won't work consistently without the 12/24 DC/DC converter, or a 24 volt battery. That was one of the issues I had with mine, constantly cutting out. wfr did not supply the converter at the time and their suggestion was basically I could buy one if I wanted it to work.

As Jim said, good luck with the equipment. It can be very frustrating at times. And that flexible antenna - my idea, my request to wfr.

I recently put the indoor router in the new rig and about two months ago one of the wfr techs got on line, replaced the firmware again and made some adjustments and it actually seems like it might be working as designed now. Not bad after 3+years of frustration.
Encouraged enough that I made up a portable mount for the rooftop Elite and will give it another shot. Not ready to drill holes this time, especially for a barely working $700 brick.

- - - Updated - - -

FYI on these camlocks.

Lyle got me hooked on them - use them everywhere now. I have found the Tractor Supply seldom has more then 2 pieces in stock, so I always look when in the store.

The green camlocks are 3/4" standard hose connections.
The black camlocks are 3/4" FNPT.

You need cam lock quick couplers like this. I have them on all my connections. Bought them at Tractor Supply but I think they’re available online

6e863d921538e65d6a3db921f8c1c021.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- - - Updated - - -

Waiting for the order guides to come out........ Looks like for our area the orders can go in soon and we are looking at late November December before we start seeing the trucks. Still waiting for the final numbers and enhancements from Ford.

I also priced out and planning on front and rear Kelderman with the standard auto leveling (and a Utility Bodywerks bed).

I don't see the value in the 3K extra cost for the all electronic upgrades

- - - Updated - - -

until I drove that truck the other day.... And it was only on the rear.

The newer versions of the rear suspension are now using 3 gallon ping tanks on each side, and the supply lines are all 3/4".

That has to allow for the nice ride the suspension offers.

My current 2011 has air ride auto level rear suspension, not Kelderman and similar to the Ram suspension.

Been towing with it and a trailer saver air ride hitch since April 2011.

There are no issues with both air systems working together.

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

Order guide is out. Not sure if you got it already.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=265391&d=1565788276

I will be at Ford today at 3:30 to order the truck. I checked out the 2020 order guide and didn't see any surprises on the Limited. I see they changed the name of my Platinum white Tri coat to Star White Metallic Tri-Coat. I hope it's close to the same color. another thing I did see is grab handles above the passenger and rear seats. I HOPE THIS IS TRUE. The demo truck all over the internet doesn't have them. I sure hope they added them back in. That is the one and only thing I miss on my current trucks.
Kelderman is all lined up to do the work as soon as Ford delivers it to them. I already have the drop ship number to give to my Ford guy today.

As for the Mifi I hope it works. I will know soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

porthole

Retired
Truck is ordered and I will hopefully see it by December...
It's going to be a long wait.

well you must be one of the first 💯!

We’ve had the various named optional whites 3 times so far. I like it. The 2011 was the best looking one so far clean and in the sun.

Thanks got the link, haven’t been on FTE for a few days and had not seen it.