Introduction - New Jersey Chapter Leaders

Lou_and_Bette

Congratulations! and thank you Duane and Debbie for volunteering. Gloria and I look forward to attending a NJ rally.

Now we really have a reason to get back to the North East and, if I remember correctly, looking forward to seeing the next Delaware chapter leaders in 2 years.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Ladies and Gentlemen, The NJ Leaders Duane and Deb Clause, the crowd rises to their feet, the applause is louder than a Titan rocket racing into outer space as the first lady and first man of the NJ Chapter enter the CG with Regis and Baylee in tow (not to mention all Duanes MOD's and toys.). As we wait with open arms and baited breath for the their first words of When, Where and will there be a Potluck dinner? We the people, the followers, the minions of Heartland Owners Club and yes we do, we want to camp once again in Garden State of NJ. So CONGRATS to Deb and Duane who will make NJ rise up once again to become a camping main stay for our club. You can do it, we will help, so lets Roll Capt. Duane and 1st. Mate Deb.

RobandBettyFord

Retired North Carolina Chapter Leaders
Best wishes to you for becoming new chapter leaders - we'd love to come on up to see NJ again and attend your rally when arranged
Rob and Betty Ford
NC Chapter Leaders

Grampafish

Washington Chapter Leaders-Retired
Congratulations Debbie and Duane. Hope you have a ton of fun as chapter leaders.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Ladies and Gentlemen, The NJ Leaders Duane and Deb Clause, the crowd rises to their feet, the applause is louder than a Titan rocket racing into outer space as the first lady and first man of the NJ Chapter enter the CG with Regis and Baylee in tow (not to mention all Duanes MOD's and toys.). As we wait with open arms and baited breath for the their first words of When, Where and will there be a Potluck dinner? We the people, the followers, the minions of Heartland Owners Club and yes we do, we want to camp once again in Garden State of NJ. So CONGRATS to Deb and Duane who will make NJ rise up once again to become a camping main stay for our club. You can do it, we will help, so lets Roll Capt. Duane and 1st. Mate Deb.

Love it!

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired

Yeah....Someone's looking to be first in line at the potluck.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Yeah....Someone's looking to be first in line at the potluck.
And that is all you take away from my post, WOW. Shows where your head is man. All I can say is, "Wheres the cheese cake?":rolleyes:

Last edited:

porthole

Retired
So - thanks to everyone reaching out :)

We have been to a rally or two, seen a few things that work, work well, are a challenge or didn't work at all. We have few goals with this adventure.

1) Try and arrange a decent, affordable rally location in a one of the most expensive, congested areas in the Country. New Jersey campgrounds tend to be pricey, tight and not up to date with amenities (decent cable, 50 amp, sewer etc). There are some campgrounds in NJ that you can't even get your awnings all the way out!

2) Have a good time and relax.

3) Have a good time and relax.

Our history for those that do not know us.

We started the RV thing because of our extended family, 2 Golden Retrievers, a grumpy old Persian cat and a wacky Blue & Gold Macaw. Hated having to leave them whenever we went away.

We bought a used TT from a partner at work and gave it a whirl. After the second season we decided it was right for us and started looking. That search was very detailed and led us to ordering a new Cyclone in May 2009, with every thing that was available at the time, including the secret list stuff. We have an item or two on our trailer that most people never knew were available (like the power ramp option, security camera etc). BTW, we sold the TT to another partner at work and it is still going strong.

We were denied participation of the first rally we tried to attend - but in fairness to the HOC, at the time I only had a VIN for our Cyclone and actually owning a Heartland product was a requirement to attend the 2009 Goshen Rally.

Details....................

Our Cyclone was probably in the assembly plant during the rally. If we knew how great the club was going to be back then, the odds are good we would have crashed the rally anyway, maybe even just for the pot luck.

That all said, the standard was set pretty high with the beginning of the New Jersey Chapter by Deb and John.
Our plan is to not try and top what the Bylinski's have accomplished, only to hopefully continue a fine tradition of friendly get togethers.

Our dogs go where we go, so any location most likely will be dog friendly, and we will do our best to minimize the breed restriction issues.
Our kids are all grown and on their own, so that is not an issue for us. But I find it a bit reprehensible that some campgrounds actually charge extra for kids - a family pastime. Whether we do it through negotiations, funds available, or everybody chipping in an extra 50 cents a night, we anticipate no additional fees for the the few families that bring their children.

Pot lucks are a given, at least for dinner. That Saturday morning breakfast thing will be a challenge. Many of you know that half our team spends an hour or so exercising the four legged ones and the other half doesn't do early :cool:
Maybe a brunch.

Thats a lot of verbiage to say we are just hoping to have a nice group camp and have a good time and relax.

Well I always knew you had what it takes! So happy you finally took the plunge and I know you will do well. Have fun with it!

This is a good time to bring up that Deb & John are the driving force behind us finally giving it a whirl. They have been challenging us before they even stepped up to the NE Region role.

Congratulations Debbie and Duane maybe we can get to a NJ rally now

You already know my goal with that Jon - besides I'm not even sure how to spell it or make it, but I like it - that fritter - frutter ftattata thingy.

Congrats you two !!!! The N.J. chapter is officially in good hands. If you still have my number give me a call. If not PM me we'll need to talk. Now I'll go in and renew my membership LOL ;-)

I do and will Ed

Titan rocket - really Jim ??? Too funny.

And what's better than a pot luck?
Usually the left over pot luck //heartlandowners.org/images/icons/icon14.png //heartlandowners.org/images/icons/icon14.png //heartlandowners.org/images/icons/icon14.png

JMVford

retired Maryland Chapter Leaders
Congratulations and thank you, Duane and Debbie Clause (porthole) for volunteering to be the Chapter Leaders for the New Jersey Chapter.

The New Jersey Chapter is in the Northeast Region of the Heartland Owners Club and includes the entire state of New Jersey.

Everyone, please join me in welcoming, your new New Jersey Chapter Leaders, Duane and Debbie!

Congratulations Duane and Debbie. We know you'll do a great job. Let us know when your first rally is.:cool:

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Congratulations Debbie and Duane. We look forward to attending your rally, what a great team you make. Please call on us if we can assist in any way.