Missing reset button on 12 volt circuit breaker

I have a 2013 Graystone 50 amp unit. My unit doesn't seem to be getting power to several motors/appliances. frig, jacks etc. When I look for the "tiny reset button" on circuit breakers there is none. Any suggestions?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Barnewtone and welcome go the forum.
It sounds like you have a 120 bolt problem and the12 volt beaker will not help in this case.
Without AC voltage your converter will not charge the battery therefore your jacks will not work.
So, be sure to turn off then on all of your breakers in the coach as well as the breakers at the pedestal that you are plugged into.
Have you checked the12 volt fuses?
Peace
Dave

danemayer

Hi barnewtone,

If the refrigerator is out, along with landing jacks and maybe stabilizers, you may have a general 12V failure, perhaps with the Power Converter. I'm assuming you're connected to shore power.

If the Power Converter has failed and is no longer providing 12V DC to the fuse box or to the battery, your battery is probably pretty run down. There might be just enough juice left to run some interior 12V lights, but not other systems.

The reset button on the 12V mini-circuit breaker won't help you in this scenario. If that's all that was wrong, the Power Converter would be supplying enough power to run the refrigerator and other interior items.

The easiest way to tell what's going on is with a voltmeter set to DC. Measure voltage across the battery terminals. If 13.4 or higher while connected to shore power, the Power Converter is getting power to the battery. If 12V or lower, it's not.

You might find our 12V Block Diagram and Diagnostic Guide helpful in figuring out what's wrong.

I'm attaching a picture that shows the row of 12V mini-circuit breakers from our trailer. Notice the copper buss bar that runs along the bottom of the breakers. The cable from the battery positive terminal connects to the bottom of one breaker. Another thick cable connects to the top. That one goes to the Power Converter and fuse box. That breaker is usually a manual reset. But even if you have an auto reset breaker, it should work.

Attachments

• Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    Buss Bar Example Notated.jpg
    477.3 KB · Views: 31