ATF: ElkRidge - Bigger Landing Gear Motor?

MooSSe

My stock 30 amp motor keeps blowing the fuse when raising the my 2011 29BHCK.

It works fine retracting and lowing for a little while, but then as it bogs down it gets slower and slower, then 'pop' goes the fuse.

Our current solution is that my son or I helps it out with the manual crank while the other pushes the button. This is fine, but I used to be able to do it alone, like taking it to / from storage unit.

If I were to just put a 35 or 40 amp circuit breaker in place of the fuse, would that work, or is there a bigger more powerful motor available?

It does this even when we don't have much weight inside the trailer, so it's not much over 'empty'. That being said, I still think the thing should work if we had a full bedroom of stuff and the basement storage full too. What's the point of having the storage places if you can't put anything in them? :)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Randy

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You can pop the top cap off of the landing gear legs and dump some oil in there.
Others have drilled a hole in the side of the leg and added grease to the worm gear.
Those leg gears need lubrication.

Peace
Dave

dbbls59

I suggest you check the legs to see if one is bent. I have never had to lubricant one myself.