Truck Wash Anyone?

leftyf

SSG Stumpy-VA Terrorist
Ok, where do you get your trailer washed? I'm kinda restricted on what I can do on the outside of my rig. So, looks like it's truck washes for me. What do they do, how to they do it and is there anything that they are not supposed to do because of the roof or some such.

Gimme some ideas here.

jimtoo

Hi Lefty,
If you will contact your RV park office they may know of someone that washes trailers while on site. That way you don't need to hook on and take it some place.
Jim

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Hello Lefty
We are in a small RV Park in Brookshire, TX. Talked to a man and his wife that their business is cleaning the exterior of RV's. My Bighorn is 37ft and he is charging me $253 to clean and treat the roof, wash and wax the rest of the 5er.

For some reason I have a lot of brown stuff draining off of my 5er leaving some really bad streaks. I washed the cap the other day with no problem but when I went to do the roof I found out that I would have some serious cleaning and the same with some of the sides..

Sould be worth it.

htneighbors

Unbelievably Blessed!
Truck Wash

Lefty,

I wash my truck weekly at those truck washes; I travel on some nasty roads because of my job, muddy this time of year - and need to keep it knocked off. They have some PRESSURE in those hand-held sprayers! :eek:
I've only had my Cyclone a month and haven't needed to wash it. I would definitely have them go EASY on any graphics and around all the windows, doors and penetrations.
As far as the roof, the ones I have been to only spray down from the ceiling of the wash bin, they don't actually get up there with their hand-held nozzles. That would be no problem. I was in a lot worse rain storm last night than they ever spray on the top.
I don't know what to tell you about any wax they may want to apply!
HT:cool:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Hello Lefty
We are in a small RV Park in Brookshire, TX. Talked to a man and his wife that their business is cleaning the exterior of RV's. My Bighorn is 37ft and he is charging me $253 to clean and treat the roof, wash and wax the rest of the 5er.

For some reason I have a lot of brown stuff draining off of my 5er leaving some really bad streaks. I washed the cap the other day with no problem but when I went to do the roof I found out that I would have some serious cleaning and the same with some of the sides..

Sould be worth it.
WOW! You're in the wrong park. In Corpus there's a local guy doing the same work for $85. Most of us give him an even $100. Uses pressure washer then hand wash as needed then Meguires spray wax. The roof gets the combo clean & treat. He does an excellent job too.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Wow back to ya.. I have been to a number of places and they usually charge about $10 a foot. These guys are not using a pressure wash. They do it all by hand. No buffer wax is by hand..

I need a good first coat on my 5er.. I just picked it up on Jan. 31 and want to start out with a good wash and wax..

I will keep it in mind when we get down there next March..

BC

6 days to the Heartland Rally in Spring TX..

jpmorgan37

I have used the truck washes in the past and they do a very good job. I never had a problem with the graphics and they usually did the roof also. The only word of caution is that they use a mild phosphoric acid for brightening aluminum and it is tough on the cast aluminum wheels. It will tend to dull them after a while.

John

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
WOW! You're in the wrong park. In Corpus there's a local guy doing the same work for $85. Most of us give him an even $100. Uses pressure washer then hand wash as needed then Meguires spray wax. The roof gets the combo clean & treat. He does an excellent job too.

We are in Kemah, just SE of Houston, and there is a couple here that does the same thing. They wash and hand wax the entire rig for about $80. If you want the roof cleaned too, they charge an extra $20. They wash and hand wax the truck, plus vacuum and Armour All the interior for $40. When I was in Colorado working, some of the guys from Texas told me about the prices, but figured it was just another tall Texan tale, until I got here.
Fred

BobSue

need a contact

OldLthrNeck,

Could you give some contact information for them? I am over near Alvin and that sounds like a great price! Suppose they would come out here?

TexYa

Cleaning your 5th wheel

We are in Kemah, just SE of Houston, and there is a couple here that does the same thing. They wash and hand wax the entire rig for about $80. If you want the roof cleaned too, they charge an extra $20. They wash and hand wax the truck, plus vacuum and Armour All the interior for $40. When I was in Colorado working, some of the guys from Texas told me about the prices, but figured it was just another tall Texan tale, until I got here.
Fred

Hi Fred,
We are currently in Pearland and wouldn't mind going over to Kemah. Please share your source for cleaning your rig.........
Thanks,
Cary

beardedone

Beardedone
Fortunately I am still able to do it myself. If my wife knew I was paying over $200 to have it done then we probably would hire them after she was done with me.

cjbearden

Visitor
Corpus Christi RV Washing

Hey Ray,

Where are you guys staying in CC that you get the $85 RV washes? We are looking for a "winter home" and wonder where others are staying in that area. Thanks.

C.J. and J.D.

Oldlthrneck

Just an Old Jarhead
Hi Fred,
We are currently in Pearland and wouldn't mind going over to Kemah. Please share your source for cleaning your rig.........
Thanks,
Cary

Unfortunately I have lost the number. We are on our way to Branson and then to Omaha for work. We will be in Nebraska for about 3 months. :( I will keep looking for it and if I find it I will post the info.
Fred