ATF: Cyclone - Cyclone 3100 toy hauler ramp

Miltp920

I did not buy the patio option. Is my ramp the same construction as one with the patio option just less the patio hardware?

oscar

99% sure the answer is yes. It's designed to carry the cargo load ie motorcycle ATV etc which is less than the patio load. (Unless you stuff 20 people on there).

danemayer

This question has been asked a few times over the past couple of years and if I recall correctly, there are differences.

I don't remember the details, but one thing that occurs to me is that the ramp has support from the entire width of the door resting on the ground. The patio is supported at the corners.

AJJONES

Senior GM for Cyclone, Torque, Gateway & Sundance
The patio and non-patio units are not the same. Units 2014 and earlier had a completely different frame supporting the door non-patios used C-channel and patio's used box tube (however 2015's and newer we standardized the ramp door frame). The patio units have a thin layer of metal laminated in the ramp door to prevent sharp legs on patio furniture from puncturing holes in it. The patio doors also have the rail kits and cable mounting attachments as well. One of the other items are the amount of springs that support the ramp door. When installing a rail kit after the fact on a STD ramp door, it would be very heavy to close because of the added weight on the door without the additional spring pressure to assist.

oscar

Unfortunately 3 of the springs on mine have broken. So the door is now heavy, still doable, but heavy. (Patio door). And although the part itself is simple, replacing them looks like a PITA.

rainmakeroc

Hi, Have a 2013 3110 TH with the same problem. Three broken springs. Can you advise how to replace them. Agree, looks like a PITA for one person to do. Thanks

danemayer

Unfortunately 3 of the springs on mine have broken. So the door is now heavy, still doable, but heavy. (Patio door). And although the part itself is simple, replacing them looks like a PITA.

Hi, Have a 2013 3110 TH with the same problem. Three broken springs. Can you advise how to replace them. Agree, looks like a PITA for one person to do. Thanks

If you don't want your dealer to handle it, you should call Lippert to get advice on how to replace the springs. They have the springs and the know-how.

oscar

If you don't want your dealer to handle it, you should call Lippert to get advice on how to replace the springs. They have the springs and the know-how.

I don't even want to think what the dealer would charge for that.

Yes, at some point I'll order them. Looks like keeping the door closed and latched, with the appropriate thickness shims between the bottom and the frame to keep it from settling down should work. I figured I'd close the door with a few balls of putty in there and then I can measure for the required thickness. The pain I referred to is the numerous fasteners which I suspect will be nicely corroded in place (galvanically) and may not come out in one piece. I would be pleasantly surprised if anyone put never seize on them during assembly.