ATF: Landmark - how long for a response?

bob34787

just curious , my RV has been at camping world here in winter garden for about a month waiting on authorization for repairs, is this normal?

jimtoo

It seems as Camping World is always slow. I suggest you call Heartland Customer Service, 574-262-8030 or 877-262-8032, have your VIN when you call and ask for an update or when Camping world called for authorizations about your problems. You might find that they have never called.

Please let us know what you find.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

bob34787

It seems as Camping World is always slow. I suggest you call Heartland Customer Service, 574-262-8030 or 877-262-8032, have your VIN when you call and ask for an update or when Camping world called for authorizations about your problems. You might find that they have never called.

Please let us know what you find.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

since I know the service advisor personally I know it is not the case

bob34787

did not get an answer to why it took a month, what I got was an answer as to how long it takes to get authorization for repairs. I can assume part of the blame is the way camping world handles warranty claims and part is nobody really wanting to take responsibility for problem remediation. Both dealer and HL will be pointing fingers and nothing gets done. at least HL gives you the opportunity to see who is responsible for delays, other manufacturers let the owner in the dark. Does not resolve the problem but you are informed

danemayer

Just as a point of reference, when I had our warranty work done in 2011, it was done by a non-Heartland dealer that was authorized for Heartland warranty work. It never took them more than a day or two to get authorizations from Heartland for any given work. It would have to be some extraordinary repair issue for it to take longer at the Heartland end. They also got quick authorizations from Dometic and Lippert. Dexter is also very responsive.

On the other hand, posts about dealers being slow to ask for authorization are as common as gravel at a KOA.

bob34787

well when your complaint has a an est. in the thousands of $$ it takes a lot of finger pointing and blame