Our New 2016 LM 365 Key West

TxCowboy

For those that have the hutch/washer-dryer connections in the kitchen, do you miss the additional pantry space that the stackable washer/dryer would provide? I personally like the hutch setup but DW likes the stacked washer/dryer and pantry set-up.

Guess I'll just have to divorce her.

Just kidding!!! :)

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Our stacked washer/dryer is on the right immediately when you come in the front door. We love it there as if it is in the front closet it adds too much to the pin weight. Also we can monitor it better when we are in the living room. With the door closed it is not noisy at all.

gandmrv

Ours is side by side under counter where pantry would be. Yes, we loose a bit of storage but have found that we still have plenty. We actually have some cabinets with nothing in them! We live the washer dryer location I ours, and as jmgratz said, they are very quiet. Can only hear washer when it winds up for final spin. Ours are Whirlpool units.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

TxCowboy

Good feedback, all. We on the road shortly to look at a KW that looks like it will be a great fit for us but needs to have the washer/dryer added (already prepped) and the dishwasher added (I don't see a prep option on the build sheet).

We want these added into the offer we're likely to make today so we'll see how it goes.

TxCowboy

Thanks. We've been working directly with the Sales Manager but can't confirm he's in today and I don't like dealing with the "sales associates" who have no authority to make final decisions on pricing.

So...we'll see how it goes.

TomMar

Retired Texas-South Chapter Leader
Thanks. We've been working directly with the Sales Manager but can't confirm he's in today and I don't like dealing with the "sales associates" who have no authority to make final decisions on pricing.

So...we'll see how it goes.

TxCowboy, well how did it go? We are having a rally just out of Kerrvile in November and we'll have 10 rigs with various configurations and one will be 365 Newport. Opinions on a whole slew of options will be plentiful if you are interested. The rally is listed on the Portal page, right hand side, Keerville 11/6/2015

TxCowboy

Hey, sorry for the late update. We've been busying turning in the old Greystone and moving into the new (2015) Key West! :)

Spent the holiday weekend at the RV park trying to get settled in. We were able to park the Greystone door-to-door with the KW at the dealership so transferring our stuff over only took a couple of hours. Of course, situating all that in the KW has taken all weekend and we're still not quite finished. Plus learning how everything works, i.e., what does this switch do, takes awhile.

All of the aftermarket stuff we added -- washing, dryer, dishwasher -- seem to be working well. Only a few issues at the PDI and, unfortunately, they didn't get fixed before the RV was delivered to us at the campsite so I've had to correct those myself.

My biggest complaint that was not noticed during the PDI but that I'm expecting a call about from the dealership's General Manager is that they were doing some work at the left rear of the RV behind the power reel. Some knuckle head cut a big section of the coloplast and thermal barrier instead of removing it. I noticed this when the delivery driver rolled into the RV park and pointed it out to him. I've got plenty of pics so it's clear what was done. It can be repaired with some Gorilla Tape and a heavy sealant spray but I'm going to give the dealership and Heartland a chance to excel and make this right. Everybody but everybody knows you don't cut the coloplast. What a knucke head shortcut to take!

Aside from that long winded diatribe, Laurie and I absolutely love the Key West. The bedroom is very comfortable, the bath fits us nicely, and the kitchen is perfect. I made biscuits this morning, something I was never able to do in the propane camp stove in the Greystone. Life is good!

We'll use it as our weekend beach house for a couple of more years before selling the SnB house and going fulltime. I've got a few projects in mind that I know my drive Laurie crazy -- she knows how I like to tinker. :)

ksucats

Jeff and Laurie: Congrats on the new coach. Cindy and I picked ours up a few weeks ago from Grain Valley MO. So far we love the coach but wish we had paid a bit more attention to some things during the PDI. Have some door trim issues where the door latches just barely catch (door jam on the handle side is too far out. The Bathroom door opened as did the bedroom door so we now have a nice hole in the Bathroom Door. Heartland is sending a replacement door and local dealer is supposed to fix the gap issue. As you said, this will give them the opportunity to excel. Other than that we did get the unit with the propane stove and oven (wife would have nothing to do with induction cook top LOL) and she loves what she got.

I am not a tinkerer - I'm an OLD computer geek (seem to be getting OLDER every day with all the technology) -- in any case, if you figure out a way to make a door (sliding perhaps) that will let us get to our water filters easily, please post. So far I've not figured out even how to get to mine - it looks like I have to remove screws on the door side of the coach and crawl over -- not going to happen.

Wishing you nothing but great camping days.

/s/ Ron and Cindy

TxCowboy

Ron, yeah, there's always something that needs a minor repair or tweak. Most of what we've encountered is very minor and I didn't list them all in my last post.

Sorry about your door issues. That location of the bedroom and bathroom doors opening in the same space in the hallway can be problematic. Good to know HL is making it right.

As for the basement access, I was looking at Jim Beletti's continuing thread and all of the mods/changes he's making. I'm not nearly as gifted as he and many on this Forum are for making changes so I'm sure I'll engineer and install something in the basement that looks like crap and doesn't do the job! :)

ksucats

Actually just went back to the last page and read some of the earlier comments - glad to hear that the 'stand alone' TP holder does not travel. That is what we ended up with as well but wife has been concerned about it moving when we are traveling - so many of the roads are so bad these days.

Also, we have the stacked washer and dryer hookups (no appliances as yet) - no hutch. That was another thing that my wife didn't want as she felt it to be less functional for us as we decide what we are going to do if we ever get to retire :( . That said, there is still so much storage -- while we felt extremely short of space in the coach we traded (Some other brand), in this one we have a LOT of open cabinet space. Now to keep from filling it up.

Finally, if it is not against forum rules (Moderator please strike if it is), Jeff would you be so kind as to provide your build date and GVWR. Heartland confirmed my build date of late February and 17500, about a month early for the 18K. Still no reason as to why but at this stage it is not like I can take it back -- especially given that the wife and I looked at it for so long and should have noticed not only that but a few other things.

TxCowboy

Mine was built in January 2015 and the yellow label (which has some of the data cut off, btw!) says 17,500. The HL website still says 18K. I guess we have to go with the yellow tag.

If you go by the website, I'm supposed to have about 3K in cargo weight. Losing 500 pounds is a pretty good chunk.

ksucats

I agree, that 500 pounds could be put to good use! Our label is also cut short - guess a cost saving move :confused:..

TomMar

Retired Texas-South Chapter Leader
Guys it would not hurt to contact Heartland Customer Service with your VIN and confirm the numbers. The yellow tag on the door is the dry weight leaving the factory. The white tag on the driver side front corner is the Gross Weight.

Cowboy we feel the pain of moving. We got our 365 late April and spent 2 days unloading the Key Largo at home and still spent hours changing over what remained for a short camping stay.

Last edited:

ksucats

I have actually contacted Customer support twice - spoke with Scott there who confirmed the numbers. He stated that my coach was made about a month too early - later builds have the 18K gross. I still have not pursued the idea of asking what the differences are - pretty much have given it the old 'oh well' shrug.

ksucats

Looking at the wall between the basement and the inside water stuff (pump, filter, etc.) - I'm not at all mechanically inclined - the only thing I can do with a screwdriver and/or hammer is put dents in my fingers and thumbs. That said, I'm wondering what would actually happen if I just took the thing out and left it out -- probably nothing good but it might be one solution to a recurring problem of getting back there to change filters or whatever. Hmmm.

dfeickert

Picked up our Key West Thursday a week ago. Will have to check on the surround drain issue. Also, we had / have a problem with side by side refer door not opening fully. Dealer moved unit forward yesterday now we wait to get time to actually enjoy it. We discussed, hesitated, discussed some more. Both liked the Charleston and the KW but loved the KW more than we liked the Charleston. Now we just have to figure out what to do about toilet paper dispenser; oh and a radio. :confused:

We also had an issue with the refer door not opening fully. We had our dealer remove the lower piece of trim that would not allow the refer door to open fully. They planed it thinner and put trim back on so the door would open. Works perfectly now. David & Sonia

jimtoo

We also had an issue with the refer door not opening fully. We had our dealer remove the lower piece of trim that would not allow the refer door to open fully. They planed it thinner and put trim back on so the door would open. Works perfectly now. David & Sonia

Hi David & Sonia,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Thanks for the info on how your problem was solved and I'm sure some others will use the same process if needed.

Check out the Heartland Owners Club and join up and attend a rally and meet lots of great folks.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M