Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Our New 2016 LM 365 Key West

1. Print this Post   #31

Re: Our New 2016 LM 365 Key West

Actually just went back to the last page and read some of the earlier comments - glad to hear that the 'stand alone' TP holder does not travel. That is what we ended up with as well but wife has been concerned about it moving when we are traveling - so many of the roads are so bad these days.

Also, we have the stacked washer and dryer hookups (no appliances as yet) - no hutch. That was another thing that my wife didn't want as she felt it to be less functional for us as we decide what we are going to do if we ever get to retire . That said, there is still so much storage -- while we felt extremely short of space in the coach we traded (Some other brand), in this one we have a LOT of open cabinet space. Now to keep from filling it up.

Finally, if it is not against forum rules (Moderator please strike if it is), Jeff would you be so kind as to provide your build date and GVWR. Heartland confirmed my build date of late February and 17500, about a month early for the 18K. Still no reason as to why but at this stage it is not like I can take it back -- especially given that the wife and I looked at it for so long and should have noticed not only that but a few other things.

2. Print this Post   #32

Mine was built in January 2015 and the yellow label (which has some of the data cut off, btw!) says 17,500. The HL website still says 18K. I guess we have to go with the yellow tag.

If you go by the website, I'm supposed to have about 3K in cargo weight. Losing 500 pounds is a pretty good chunk.
    Jeff & Laurie
    Him: US Army Aviator and DoD Consultant -- Retired
    Her: Certified Residential Appraiser
    Auggie (our beer-loving English Cocker Spaniel)
    Angus (55 pounds of attitude in a 5 pound chihuahua body)
    Full timing in Rockport, Texas

Home Base -- 2015 Landmark 365 Key West -- The "Uno Mas!"
    The Office -- 2016 Crossroads Hill Country HTC26RB -- The "Poquito Mas!"
    Gone but not forgotten: 2011 Heartland Greystone 32RL

3. Print this Post   #33

I agree, that 500 pounds could be put to good use! Our label is also cut short - guess a cost saving move ..

4. Print this Post   #34
    Retired Texas-South Chapter Leader TomMar's Avatar

Guys it would not hurt to contact Heartland Customer Service with your VIN and confirm the numbers. The yellow tag on the door is the dry weight leaving the factory. The white tag on the driver side front corner is the Gross Weight.

Cowboy we feel the pain of moving. We got our 365 late April and spent 2 days unloading the Key Largo at home and still spent hours changing over what remained for a short camping stay.
    Last edited by TomMar; 09-08-2015 at 09:49 PM.
    Tom & Marti Mangum
    Cappy & Molly- 4 legged fuzzy family
    San Marcos, Texas

'16 Ford 350 DRW SD Diesel
    14' Heritage Kayaks (x2)

" Exercise daily, Walk with Christ"

5. Print this Post   #35
    Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret) boatto5er's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cookie View Post
    We use a free standing TP holder from Walmart.
    Works great. Does not move when traveling.

Peace
    Dave
    Ditto for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gus and Debra Funderburg (Founding Virginia, Maryland, and North Carolina Chapter Leaders - Retired)
    Romeo and Juliet (the mischievous Dachshunds)
    2011 Landmark Grand Canyon (Code name - The Landmark Diner)
    HOC #1054
    2019 Ford F-350 DRW Crew Cab, 6.7L PowerStroke

6. Print this Post   #36

I have actually contacted Customer support twice - spoke with Scott there who confirmed the numbers. He stated that my coach was made about a month too early - later builds have the 18K gross. I still have not pursued the idea of asking what the differences are - pretty much have given it the old 'oh well' shrug.

7. Print this Post   #37

Looking at the wall between the basement and the inside water stuff (pump, filter, etc.) - I'm not at all mechanically inclined - the only thing I can do with a screwdriver and/or hammer is put dents in my fingers and thumbs. That said, I'm wondering what would actually happen if I just took the thing out and left it out -- probably nothing good but it might be one solution to a recurring problem of getting back there to change filters or whatever. Hmmm.

8. Print this Post   #38

Quote Originally Posted by ksucats View Post
    Picked up our Key West Thursday a week ago. Will have to check on the surround drain issue. Also, we had / have a problem with side by side refer door not opening fully. Dealer moved unit forward yesterday now we wait to get time to actually enjoy it. We discussed, hesitated, discussed some more. Both liked the Charleston and the KW but loved the KW more than we liked the Charleston. Now we just have to figure out what to do about toilet paper dispenser; oh and a radio.
    We also had an issue with the refer door not opening fully. We had our dealer remove the lower piece of trim that would not allow the refer door to open fully. They planed it thinner and put trim back on so the door would open. Works perfectly now. David & Sonia

9. Print this Post   #39

Quote Originally Posted by dfeickert View Post
    We also had an issue with the refer door not opening fully. We had our dealer remove the lower piece of trim that would not allow the refer door to open fully. They planed it thinner and put trim back on so the door would open. Works perfectly now. David & Sonia
    Hi David & Sonia,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and Family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Thanks for the info on how your problem was solved and I'm sure some others will use the same process if needed.

Check out the Heartland Owners Club and join up and attend a rally and meet lots of great folks.

Enjoy the forum and your new unit.

Jim M
    Jim and Bette
    04 GMC CC Dually D/A, MaxBrake, Riderights
    09 Bighorn 3670RL #9E011439
    Disc Brakes
    HOC #1003
    Heartland Owners Club Information

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4