Thread: Decal Removal?

1. Print this Post   #1

Decal Removal?

Just picked up my new big horn full body paint full of marketing decals how would I get the glue residue off the paint without hurting it any suggestions

2. Print this Post   #2

Re: Decal Removal?

Let me know when you find a solution. I too have the decals on my expensive full body paint.

3. Print this Post   #3

I used Goo Gone when I removed the plastic junk badges on my new truck. Worked just fine. A little polishing compound followed up with some wax and you would never know they were there. I'd try it first on a less noticeable spot to make sure it won't harm anything. ..Don
    Don & Kathy, Daisy Mae the rescue pup.
    She drives...He sits behind the steering wheel
    2016 SOB
    2015 Chev D/A 3500 Dually

4. Print this Post   #4

Quote Originally Posted by GOTTOYS View Post
    I used Goo Gone when I removed the plastic junk badges on my new truck. Worked just fine. A little polishing compound followed up with some wax and you would never know they were there. I'd try it first on a less noticeable spot to make sure it won't harm anything. ..Don
    X2 Don
    08 Ford F350 SRW
    13 Big Horn 3055RL
    1 wife 1 dog and me

5. Print this Post   #5
    Original Owners Club Member jmgratz's Avatar

There is a product that is sold by Home Depot. It is in the air refresher department. It is an orange fragrance and works great. They use that to get glue off shelf stickers at Home Depot. I think the citrus is what makes it work. Much cheaper than Goo Gone and much less work. Spray the sticker, let it soak in a couple of minutes and then use a plastic putty knife to remove the sticker. Spray as you remove as well. Then wash and polish the area. Dont let it run as it will remove the wax.
    Jim & Sheila Gratz - owners club #1018 Workamping as Sales Associate with SE Publications Certified RV Walk-through Technician [/I] 2013 Landmark San Antonio - full body paint - Fulltimer pkg, Yetti pkg etc., Mor-Ryde IS with never lube bearings and disc brakes. --previous 5er - 2007 "Classic" Landmark "Golden Gate" Replaced 9/20/13 2012 Ford F350 King Ranch Crew Cab fx4 dually, 6.7 L Husky Trailer Saver TS2 hitch "visit TEXAS - it's like a whole 'nuther country" Rally Site 414

6. Print this Post   #6

Thanks for all the input. I decided to use Goof Off and it did a great job. Washed the area two times after using Goof Off and everything looks great.

Here is the before and after picture. The "before" image was blown up from another picture, so it is a bit fuzzy.

stickers.jpg

7. Print this Post   #7

Congrats Toy1ton on your new Bighorn! We have been waiting all month to hear if you guys got it picked up. Hope you have lots of great camping trips and zero problems - why don't you bring it down to the Illinois rally next month? We would love to see it (and you)!!

- - - Updated - - -

A 3M decal eraser works great... I have used them several times on cars trucks boats and Rvs
    Ken & Kathy aka TheAmRheins

2009 Landmark Augusta
    2003 Chev 3500 D/A dually