Natchez Trace

Hi All -

We are planning to travel the Natchez Trace, north to south the last part of October with our 34 foot Bighorn. I am wondering about the 3 NPS campgrounds on the trace. I found info on the number of sites in each campground but nothing on the size of the sites. Can someone with experience camping in these campgrounds tell me if the sites are large enough for a 34 foot fifth wheel? I suspect the Trace is pretty busy with people seeking the fall colours at the time we are planning and I am also wondering about how fast the campgrounds fill up at that time of year.

I would appreciate hearing from anyone with experience traveling the Natchez Trace.

Thank you. Jim

MTPockets

I hope you enjoy the trip... We started with same intentions a few years ago. After our first day we were so bored we got off and took a different route to New Orleans.

Lou_and_Bette

We stayed in a COE park near Tupelo and was plenty big for our old 40foot RW. Agree with MTPockets, pretty boring travel, no facilities on the entire route, and DO NOT EXCEED SPEED LIMIT. The park rangers who patrol there have little else to do but monitor the traffic.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
I rode the entire Trace from South to North. I was on my motorcycle so wanted the peace and quiet to enjoy the scenery and slow pace. I camped at one of the NPS campgrounds, but was in a tent so I didn't really pay much attention to the size of the sites.