Sub-Woofer

SAL7187

The subwoofer( Rocker Phosgate) seems to be on and will make very little added bass to the stereo and tv. Has anyone had any issues with this and if so what can I check to get the deep bass to come out. It does make a little noise now but the volume seems to stay constant no matter how much you adjust it up or down.

sporlan

First make sure you are in the "single mode" on your Jenson head unit. Then push the control knob and you will be able to adjust it. Also check the switches on the bottom of the amplifier!

davelinde

First make sure you are in the "single mode" on your Jenson head unit. Then push the control knob and you will be able to adjust it. Also check the switches on the bottom of the amplifier!

What is single mode?

My large bass speaker is wired (somehow) and makes a little noise, but not really much. My Jenson player has some bass and sub-woofer options but I cannot figure out how to activate them. The instructions say that the bass settings (called SUB-W and iXBass) are available if the function is activated "on"... but I cannot find the menu option to do that :(

On my wiring diagram (Jenson JDV8035 manual) it shows the sub-w going direct to the speaker and not via an external amp. That makes sense since coming out of my amp I see 6 lines and I have 6 speakers AND the subw. The amp has no external switches I have found.

Still pondering....

tbsimmons

The reason is that Heartlands wonderful wiring gods do not know how to wire a stereo.
They wired the inside speakers together on (2) channels and the amp on channel 3 and 4 of the amp to the sub. The sub is not hooked to the sub output on the deck, the reason why you can not use the sub controls on the deck.
If my trailer ever gets back from service, Heartland is being a pain in the a&& approving repairs, sending parts, etc.
I had planned on adding an other amp just for the sub so I can use the sub controls, the inside speakers on the (4) channel amp and then the outside off just eh deck with a switch to turn them off.

davelinde

well... I found out (by mistake) that my external speakers use the internal amp - so I think my unit may be set up differently? btw - my deck has a setting to turn off the internal amp so you don't need to add a switch to turn off the external speakers.

I guess I need to trace some wires and break out the schematic for mine. Now that I know the external speakers don't use the amp I am not sure I see how it's connected. I've got two channels (four RCA jacks) I believe go "in" and 6 wires out - maybe the 6 lines out are for 5 internal speakers and a common ground?

pondering now...

tbsimmons

The way mine is wired right now.
The outside speakers run off of the front speakers of the deck.
The inside run off the rear channel of the deck through the amp.
So the inside front and rear right run off the same channel, same for the left.
The sub is off of channel 3 & 4 of the amp.
No surround sound like said when ordered, the way it is wired it is only a 2 channel stereo.
Like above the way mine will be wired if I ever get the trailer out of service, been there for almost 2 months, I guess shipping from Heartland is not like normal shipping, takes more than a month to get parts.
Outside will still run off of the deck, but with a switch so I can turn them off.
All the inside speakers will be off of the amp, will have surround now.
The sub will be off another amp I will add.

tbsimmons

Just to update anyone wanting surround sound in a Cyclone. You can not do it without a whole re-wire of the stereo.
The left speakers are wired together in the ceiling, same with the rights.
So to get surround sound out of it another (2) sets of wires will need to be ran up the wall and over to the speakers.
In other words, my stereo is still wired stock. Way to much work for me right now.

davelinde

yep... listening to ours now and you are right, it's not surround.

I could maybe live with that... but I would like to get a little kick out of the sub somehow. If this thread is correct (and I suspect it is) the sub won't work as wired, no matter how many settings I mess up. I'm not clear how to even attempt to re-wire it to get something like bass out of it?

jasons09cyclone

the subwoofer

i had the same problem with trying to get surround sound in the rig and tryied to rewire the roof speakers to use all four seperate chanels out of the amp. and found that in order to do that i had to take the bathroom wall out to get the new wires through a cramed hole to the roof. but was too much trouble so i left it as is... i was able to get some better sound out of my jensen sub by first off fixing the crossed wire that was hooked up off the amp. second i ported a hole in the box, i think that speaker should not bee in a sealed box. i also lowered the crossover on the amp to about 60-80 herts for more deeper bass. sounds alot better in my 3950...