EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: OR, Silverton - 7/29/2016 to 7/31/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaffer

Voodoo has apple fritters the size of a Frisbee!
We'll be there! Arriving 7/29 and leaving 8/1. Sent you a PM with full details. Looking forward to the trip! This isn't far from Portland. That, for us at least, means a trip to Voodoo Doughnuts, the best west of NY.

SeattleLion

Voodoo has apple fritters the size of a Frisbee!

We were camping at Goldendale WA the end of Aug and drove the 100 miles each way to bring back a couple of dozen Voodoo doughnuts. If you are going to the rally, a trip to Portland for these is worth it! (maybe we can organize a run). Of course, there is always a line outside the store.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Welcome! Always happy to have new members. I got your PM with all of your particulars.

Kristy

meagle

Morris and Sally Eagleman will attend. We will arrive on Thursday July 28 and depart on Monday August 1st. We have a Landmark Grand Canyon. I believe that you already have all of our contact information. If not please let me know.

- - - Updated - - -

Rod lets coordinate a bike ride or two. Let me know if you would like to ride road bikes, mountain bikes, or both.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Rod lets coordinate a bike ride or two. Let me know if you would like to ride road bikes, mountain bikes, or both.

You know it Morris!! I am counting on it. And if you go to the National Rally and Utah before hand and Jackson after, I am counting on some rides at each of those too!!

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
It will be good to see you again Morris and Sally. If I am missing something, I will let you know.

Kristy

Hope to make it. 2016 is my last year as an Alarm Clock Slave. This is my first 5'er and my need a little constructive criticism to help me park this land yacht.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
dougboisvert52,

Sorry for the late response. I am also an Alarm Clock Slave, a victim of that horrible W... word.

Glad to see you are considering attending. Will you be able to do the WA rally before this or does that time not work out for you?

Just let me know when you can make your reservations and I will add you to the list and get all of your info.

Kristy

Currently my Inspection work is keeping my very busy. I really don't see a slow down until next year, if then. I retire in 14 months, then I will most certainly have the time.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Hi Everyone!

I just updated the top post.

We are up to 13 confirmed for this rally and all but two (maybe 3) will be coming from the WA rally. I know Doug and Doris are checking out locations in Castle Rock for us to stay on the way between the two rallies. I really appreciate them doing that since there is no way I can get away from work to do it. They are looking into Toutle River RV as a possible layover spot. Mark and I may stay there on the way up to Fildago Bay since we will be at Casey's for the 4th and have time between the two to do some site seeing. Doug and Doris will let us know all about that when they have had a chance to gather the info. so we will know what day we will arrive at Silverton, then I will let the park know who is arriving when.

Don't let the Goblins play too many tricks on you tonight.

Kristy

jdfishing

Always lots of help when it comes to parking. We've all provided some humorous moments getting those things in a confined area, and I still have my moments.

shelsay

Finally got around to make our reservation. I went ahead and booked us arriving 7-27 and leaving 8-2. Will rearrange if caravan dates require. Site 36. Really looking forward to reconnecting with everyone next summer.

Pat

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
OK Pat. I got you.

The park is not expecting people to call them to make reservations. If I have you on my list, your info will be given to the park when I send it in next Spring. I have contacted the park and told them that most people will be coming in on Wed the 27th which is when the caravan will arrive. That way they won't fill up our sites thinking we won't be there until the 29th. People just need to let me know what dates they want. If it is before the 27th, then you might want to call the park yourself to arrange that.

Is it Summer yet?

Kristy

Status
Not open for further replies.